• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings
35 minutes ago, toewsy said:

I guess I didn't edit my post quick enough. mb :emma:

YOU HAD ME SHOOK, SIS. 

Christian John Browning

I thought she released it for Sonja.  She wanted her fans and Sonja to be able to enjoy it before it was too late.  It was literally the sweetest thing she could have done for her.

toewsy
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

YOU HAD ME SHOOK, SIS. 

Sorry about that eh- should've confirmed the info before propagating it. I want to believe so badly is all :giveup:

Batwings
34 minutes ago, toewsy said:

I want to believe so badly is all :giveup:

It's OK. We all do.  :hug:

itsjustlucarifc

This reminds me of Haus of Retrograde (AKA Nathan) saying Gaga hated "Perfect Illusion" and then later clarified stating, "it seems like she does because she doesn't promote it." Why would Gaga after her experiences with ARTPOP allow her management to misdirect her like they did? Heck, I remember reading earlier today even that Gaga was the one pushing for "Alejandro" instead of Interscope (I could be wrong, though). Gaga has no reason to release a song like "Perfect Illusion" as the lead single of her album if it did not mean something to her in the first place. Yes, it is the most upbeat and while I personally have never been apart of the craze surrounding "Dancing In Circles," Joanne has a lot of potential lead single options, specifically either "A-YO," "John Wayne," or "Dancing In Circles." REALLY, if she wanted to be political, she could have released "Joanne" prior to the album on either Joanne's birthday or death date, "Come To Mama" could have been performed at the Democratic National Convention in June/July 2016, "Angel Down" could have been released on the anniversary of Trayvon Martin's death with proceeds going to the foundation and maybe even "Hey Girl" the day after the election? It really is a good album. Tangent aside, "The Cure" was not a part of the album released in October 2016, so why release it only months later when she's literally been sitting on tracks she claims to love (rejects from ARTPOP; specifically, "TEA," "Red Flame," "Tinnitus," "Temple," "Onion Girl," "In Like With You," "Brooklyn Nights," "Ratchet," "Maren," "Sire," etc.), has excess publicity and success following her Superbowl 51 Halftime performance and headlining Coachella? Obviously she has to care for it in some degree, if it's not that apparent. I do agree she might have given it such apparent "dust" because it is very commercial, but despite such commercial-appeal, it's a very good, heartfelt song.

Glamourpuss

I think she released it for the Coachella crowd. 

I do like the song and wish it had a video but I can understand why Gaga hasn't promoted it. I think it was a way to stay relevant while she was busy with other projects. 

C1trus

My Theory: The Cure is just used to feed our ever-thirsty ears while she's on the set for ASIB. After then she'll promote John Wayne as the next single on the xth day of x-month 2017.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Mr Peeps

My theory: The Cure is for Sonja, Gaga probably knew Sonja was getting worse during Coachella, she even mentioned during TEOG (I think it was TEOG) how Sonja wasn't feeling well. I mean it's about healing people so it could make sense.

jaXXXon

Guys, no one would release a single DURING an on-going era just for the sake of pleasing fans. Christina Aguilera "released" Let There Be Love to please fans aka. wasn't sent to radio and sure as hell wasn't constantly discounted and/or listed on many Spotify playlists for fun. THAT was a gift to fans.

The Cure is completely different. Interscope is actually PAYING for the discount, they're pushing it to radio and Spotify. You don't do that with a song that's not planned to be an official single and not intended to be a hit. John Wayne was a gift to fans, not friggin' The Cure!

And they discounted it ONCE AGAIN today. I mean why would they be doing it if they weren't planning on making it a hit? I mean, this is EXACTLY what they did to Million Reasons. Furthermore, Gaga is obligated to do what the label tells her since she has a contract with them. The reason she's not promoting The Cure right now is because that's what the label wants. They'd sue her ass if she didn't do the obligational promo for a project. I guess you guys have never read a recording contract before, but one of the musts in a contract is the obligated promo. So no excuses for that.

Besides, Shawn Mendes JUST started promoting his latest single and that one came out the same week The Cure did. And no, it isn't for the momentum of her latest tour, that thing was created after the Super Bowl. 

It's pretty logical she needs a short break after filming ASIB and that the filming blocked any promo for the song. 

Don't you guys find it a bit strange that they have discounted it AGAIN today? :usrs:

Helxig

I get the feeling that The Cure was an outtake from the ASIB soundtrack. I reckon it was never meant to be an official single with a video and all that jazz. Also it might remind her of Sonja, which would be very painful for her at the moment.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
6 hours ago, freebit said:

The Cure is likely from the ASIB writing sessions. A lot of fans that were extras in the movie said there's a song she performs that sounds like a sexier, souped up version of The Cure. An EP for The Cure was likely never the goal. I also feel like radio was going to straight up ignore anything else from Joanne. The Cure blends in better with what's on radio, and has been able to sustain itself - I feel like Gaga probably knew this and purposely released it to give herself a little more momentum for the tour, and to bolster her chances of (possibly) getting more of a chance at airplay for another Joanne single later on. 

Wasn't that the song called Heal Me or something? Because that little snippet that someone managed to attain did sound very similar to The Cure. It's why I think The Cure is an outtake from ASIB lol

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

HOTNebraskaGuy

Why do people keep thinking The Cure was a Joanne drop out? She legit recorded it after Joanne was released, am I right? 

giphy.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

GypsyBabe

It was most likely written while she was working on the movie soundtrack. From what we have heard from the set (which is minuscule), it has a similar sound. She probably liked the song and didn't want to see it remain unused. 

Its also a smart move, because it garnered hype for Coachella, and it will keep her on the charts before her tour. It also eases us into the overall sound of some of the ASIB tracks. 

⚯͛

Archived