• Mariah
    • Janet

Featured Posts

rumours
8 minutes ago, Mirages said:

tumblr_o5ztk53wtn1qfohf1o1_500.gif  

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you :excited2::hug:

So, what's your fav Mariah Album (since you have her ranked as your favorite)?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

So, what's your fav Mariah Album (since you have her ranked as your favorite)?

She has so many great albums :tony: I gotta go with Butterfly though! So many good songs with great messages, also I used to sing it when I was 3 with my cousin to her late twin sister while she was sick in hospital, so it's very sentimental for me :wub: Also Breakdown, The Roof and Butterfly are all masterpieces and should have gotten better single treatment :grr: :grr: :grr: 

Also I live for this masterpiece:

emancipation3_large.jpg 

And the unpopular Memoirs of Imperfect Angel, dunno why that album gets so much hate :duck:

What about you?

I'm the bitch that's fragile

rumours
1 minute ago, Mirages said:

She has so many great albums :tony: I gotta go with Butterfly though! So many good songs with great messages, also I used to sing it when I was 3 with my cousin to her late twin sister while she was sick in hospital, so it's very sentimental for me :wub: Also Breakdown, The Roof and Butterfly are all masterpieces and should have gotten better single treatment :grr: :grr: :grr: 

Also I live for this masterpiece:

emancipation3_large.jpg 

And the unpopular Memoirs of Imperfect Angel, dunno why that album gets so much hate :duck:

What about you?

Same. Butterfly is my favorite (actually the only album I fully own of hers - the others I have streamed). 

EOM for me has more filler tracks than I'd like, but songs like We Belong Together and Say Something are :firega:. The only track I consider on Butterfly to be a filler track would be Fly Away (Reprise)

For me, I didn't like Memoirs cause the amount of auto tune that was used..... it's the same reason why I didn't like 90% of The Elusive Chanteuse album. 

AlexanderMagno

Who is Mariah. To be honest, Mariah is just a good singer who had her peak years ago and not much. Her impact is minimal. Her impact consists of a Christmas carol that everyone knows and a diva attitude. No one knows Mariah besides from AIWFCIY (the USA is not the whole world).

Janet couldn't sustain her career as well, specially after her SB halftime show. And most people really know her because she's "the MJ sister who also sings". Her music career has been, however, more impactful than Mariah's. At least she was more critically successful and her albums explored various themes, trying to push boundaries a little bit. Though no one remembers exactly her songs as well.

Madonna is the one and only. She has had success since her debut and, even if she doesn't sell much nowadays, people still talk about her everywhere, all over the world. If Madonna visits any country in the world, she will be a headline there. And her career truly was impactful. She is not the best singer, but that's not as important as everyone tries to make.

Mirages
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

Same. Butterfly is my favorite (actually the only album I fully own of hers - the others I have streamed). 

EOM for me has more filler tracks than I'd like, but songs like We Belong Together and Say Something are :firega:. The only track I consider on Butterfly to be a filler track would be Fly Away (Reprise)

For me, I didn't like Memoirs cause the amount of auto tune that was used..... it's the same reason why I didn't like 90% of The Elusive Chanteuse album. 

Yay Butterfly fan! 

EOM does have a lot of filler tracks, bu they all work together, I think it's one of her most cohesive albums yet. I totally live for Fly Like a Bird and Mine Again :firega: and It's Like That is a bop, so is Stay the Night...Yeah that's the problem with reprises, it's actually the only problem I have with Memoirs it has so many preludes and reprises and whatever but when you skip them (like I do :lolly:) it's a cool album, I mean - Betcha Gon' Know, H.A.T.E.U., It's a Wrap (the line about cracking forehead gets me every time :sharon:), Up Out My Face and Angels Cry - those are some legit solid tracks. I like the album but it's definitely not top 3 Mariah's albums for me either (Butterfly, Daydream, Music Box - I'm more into the older stuff, though I really liked EOM and Memoirs from the newer stuff she did - the newest track I Don't "Know Her" :selena: doesn't really work for me).

The Elusive Chanteuse is a different story unfortunately. The only tracks worth listening to are Beautiful, You're Mine and the masterpiece Art of Letting Go :diane:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

drinkmytears
3 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

Madonna is not on Gaga or Mariah's level for vocals but she improved vastly since Evita, which was acclaimed :awkney:

She still isn't really a vocalist. She sings but she still isn't very skilled at it. It doesn't come naturally to her.

however, she's never been about singing and songwriting, or even really music. Her act is being Madonna, an artist, performer, and activist. The music is more the soundtrack to that.

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

however, she's never been about singing and songwriting, or even really music. Her act is being Madonna, an artist, performer, and activist. The music is more the soundtrack to that.

sounds exactly like what critics were telling about Madonna before Evita though. Or like what the GP says about the meat dress before Gaga took those theatrics down :lolga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

ItsTommyBitch

That's hard.

I dont know Janet as well as I know the other two.

I grew up on Mariah because my mom is the ultimate Mariah stan :laughga: 

Mariah for beauty and honestly bops too. She also wrote her own lyrics and people forget that all the time. 

Madonna for innovation and message.

Janet for performance (sorry Madge).

Probably Mariah > Madonna >> Janet music wise. As forward thinking and creative Madonna is/was and as much as she had bops, I never cry listening to Madonna songs because her voice isn't as emotive or polished. At the end of the day, I'm a "beauty before a bop" kinda gal. When Mariah would sing, the heavens would literally open up :giveup: AND she had bops?

Of the three, Janet's music now though is the most polished. Unbreakable is actually an amazing record. Me I am Mariah was cute, but Rebel Heart was underwhelming :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Oriane

The one who can sing

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

alejandreaux
13 hours ago, sipthistea said:

That's exactly correct. Madge sings live and nails it. She made a cover of La Vie En Rose for her last tourand people went absolutely mad, and they were impressed by her vocal range.

Mariah, on the other side, lipsyncs more than Britney. So... 

de·lu·sion

dəˈlo͞oZHən/

noun

an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument. 

rumours
8 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

The one who can sing

giphy.gif

Just now, alejandreaux said:

de·lu·sion

dəˈlo͞oZHən/

noun

an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument. 

THE SHADE:sharon:

juju
4 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

??? Madonna's singing inproved vastly since Evita? She has also proven her versatility and range with I'm Breathless (which is also has Jazz elements). I know Gaga's vocals blow Madonna out of the water but so does Madonna to Gaga when it comes to singing. Madonna is also a complete package, just with different strengths. Reminder that Madge will soon be inducted to Songwriters' Hall of Fame, Madge also won Golden Globes (two of them) so Madge and Gaga are much more similar than the quoted line suggests.

:awkney: 

Post-Evita Madonna improved vocally, yes, but I still find the tone of her voice grating in the way that people may find Kylie's voice grating - I just prefer Kylie-grating to Madonna-grating is all. :toofunny: 

Following ha career very closely for many many years and being an ex-stan, I can safely say for myself that I find Madonna to be lacking in some areas, and it wasn't until an artist like Gaga rose to prominence that I finally was able to identify what that was.

❤ x ❤

DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, juju said:

:awkney: 

Post-Evita Madonna improved vocally, yes, but I still find the tone of her voice grating in the way that people may find Kylie's voice grating - I just prefer Kylie-grating to Madonna-grating is all. :toofunny: 

Following ha career very closely for many many years and being an ex-stan, I can safely say for myself that I find Madonna to be lacking in some areas, and it wasn't until an artist like Gaga rose to prominence that I finally was able to identify what that was.

this is a rather fair assessment, that's okay :v:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

juju
5 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

this is a rather fair assessment, that's okay :v:

I am still somewhat a Madonna stan, don't think I'm a hater :toofunny: 

I own The Virgin Tour on VHS :air: 

❤ x ❤

DeanWinchester
Just now, juju said:

I own The Virgin Tour on VHS :air:

just how old are you :poot: