💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Gaga: Five Foot Two boosting Joanne and its songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Ronk
3 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

In future Radio won't even play songs from 12 years-old because of them being more ageist!:sharon:

There won't be oldies stations?

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stef

I’m so ready for the iconic crowd pics from opening night :giveup: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Talent
42 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Well it's totally biased but it's not just the sound, it also matters whether you have a penis or not. Gaga tried to pander to radio with a trendy sound and they still showed her a red flag.

And people here say radio isn't incredibly sexist. "It's just the song, it has nothing to do with gender. Chill". 

Bullsh*t. Just look at the stats. 

I guess streaming (and males artists dominating there) is a big factor. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

nick4bty
36 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Tell me about it.  And earlier than that, if they played 40 songs in a row, it was 40 different songs by 30 or more different artists.  Watch the great movie American Graffiti ... it is very accurate.

31 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Not only was it more diverse, but less ageist. Artists like Madonna, Cher, etc were scoring huge radio hits well into their 40's and even 50's. All it took was a fantastic song I think. It's a shame how things have changed.

Times really changed, and fast - literally in the last three years pop radio is more selective, inclusive, ageist as ever. Every song sounds the same, and artists are forced to make music that sound a certain way if they want radio airplay. In the 90s Top 40 consisted or rock, pop, alternative, country, etc. The diversity was ridiculous. Nowadays it's pop, and if it's not pop, it's produced to sound like pop. I haven't listened to the radio since spring, when MR was getting airplay, and I listened solely for that reason. My local stations never added TC, so I never bothered to listen. 

Sadly that's just one small problem with the music industry. Everything is a mess. 

Phlop
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Well it's totally biased but it's not just the sound, it also matters whether you have a penis or not. Gaga tried to pander to radio with a trendy sound and they still showed her a red flag.

But all those songs being played a lot have had a performance and have videos.

TC was given a lot of chances by radio and streaming (she was in the top ten of TTH for a bit and has finally gotten PR and SR on big stations).

Yall can call sexism all you want but Wild Thoughts has a video, Selena Gomez's features have videos, Alessa Cara has videos.

Only pop girls flopping on radio are Miley n Katy because their songs aren't good/fit radio, and even Malibu has a higher ai than TC because of promo and video. Gaga has mentioned MR much more than she has TC, so clearly Gaga isn't even here for it.

BYE

nick4bty

Why is See You Again so big on YouTube? Just because of the movie? 

The fact it's still gaining so many views though...

Talent
31 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Times really changed, and fast - literally in the last three years pop radio is more selective, inclusive, ageist as ever. Every song sounds the same, and artists are forced to make music that sound a certain way if they want radio airplay. In the 90s Top 40 consisted or rock, pop, alternative, country, etc. The diversity was ridiculous. Nowadays it's pop, and if it's not pop, it's produced to sound like pop. I haven't listened to the radio since spring, when MR was getting airplay, and I listened solely for that reason. My local stations never added TC, so I never bothered to listen. 

Sadly that's just one small problem with the music industry. Everything is a mess. 

This is why I admire Beyoncé so much. She said "F*ck radio. I'm not gonna play by their rules anymore". Her last #1 hit was years ago, but it doesn't matter. She was tired. And she knew she was getting older. So she made her own rules. And it worked. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

nick4bty
4 minutes ago, Talent said:

This is why I admire Beyoncé so much. She said "F*ck radio. I'm not gonna play by their rules anymore". Her last #1 hit was years ago, but it doesn't matter. She was tired. And she knew she was getting older. So she made her own rules. And it worked. 

This is probably why Gaga dropped the RedOne album and decided to make Joanne, and I have no doubt that getting MR to #4 and 70M AI was a huge accomplishment for her and probably felt good about it, along with getting Joanne to #1 and nearly platinum. 

But then she released TC so it's really confusing as to what her long term goal is. She might as well just give up trying to pander to pop radio for now and work on cementing herself as a legend and icon. ASIB will definitely help if it's well received, but after the soundtrack, I have no clue what direction she'd head in musically.

LustForLife

So happy to see that by the end of this year Joanne will end up with more than 500 million streams on Spotify, despite not having any playlist support nor a worldwide hit. :applause: 

ViviLittleM
2 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

This is probably why Gaga dropped the RedOne album and decided to make Joanne, and I have no doubt that getting MR to #4 and 70M AI was a huge accomplishment for her and probably felt good about it, along with getting Joanne to #1 and nearly platinum. 

But then she released TC so it's really confusing as to what her long term goal is. She might as well just give up trying to pander to pop radio for now and work on cementing herself as a legend and icon. ASIB will definitely help if it's well received, but after the soundtrack, I have no clue what direction she'd head in musically.

I'm praying lol

OBEY
27 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Why is See You Again so big on YouTube? Just because of the movie? 

The fact it's still gaining so many views though...

Paul Walker

• PartySick locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived