💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Make Your Mark - Gaga Daily Banner Competition

Logan

Featured Posts

Logan

*Hello Gaga Daily users! Recently the Moderators have all come together to form a competition for the site. What is this project all about, you may ask? Simple! The purpose of the competition is to gather participation from our talented members to create a new banner for our very own forum. We really appreciate all of your work ethic, and want you to Make Your Mark on our forum for everyone to appreciate.

This competition is an individual effort, therefore you are submitting work on your own. On June 25th, the thread holding the competition will be closed, and the Moderators will deliberate on which banner is the most presentable and professional to put on display. Below are a list of rules and guidelines that you must follow. If all of these requirements are not met, we will not be able to consider your submissions, so pay close attention!

General Rules:

• You may only use the .psd file that is given to you in this thread.
  • You may not edit anything outside the “design goes here†folder in the .psd file (you will see the highlighted layers where your work must be designed in the folder). The layers are named “do not change†for your convenience.
  • You must submit your final works in .psd format with all the layers still intact. If any of the layers (outside the design goes here folder) are altered in any way, moved, colored, etc. they will be sent back. You are only permitted to change the color of the Gaga Daily logo - everything else must stay intact.
  • Please, no watermarks on your final imagery. Meaning, no username on the bottom corner claiming it’s yours.
  • Make sure your imagery is as high quality as possible. Meaning the less blurry, the better.
  • You are now permitted to change the color of the navigation bar at the bottom as well (i.e. the "forum" that's highlighted at the bottom of the image).
  • You are also permitted to color the borders on each side of the image (the black vertical bars in the file).

*Imagery/Copyright

Everybody loves a good picture. However, given this is a fan site, there are a few imagery restrictions that you must be aware of which we are required to follow by law.

DON’TS:

• Magazine shoot imagery. Even if they’re from an internet source, any copyrighted imagery is not permitted.
  • Candids, as they are copyrighted.

*DO’S:

• Tour Photos. (The only tour photos which can be used are ones that were released by the Haus, unless you get special permission from the photographer.)
  • Album Imagery; any promotional imagery that has been used for The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way are allowed. This also includes singles and video stills.
  • Twitter pictures, but you may only use pictures Gaga has posted on her twitter.
  • Terry Richardson images. Basically anything Terry has posted of Gaga is usable. This includes all photographs from GAGAxTERRY as well as photos which Terry has posted on his tumblr.

Submission Info

• All entries must be submitted by 11:59PM EST on June 25 2012. At that time, the thread will be locked and the Moderators will begin judging and evaluating the submissions.
  • Entries must be posted in this thread (link) and in two formats: One will be a link to the .psd file (uploaded to mediafire or another file sharing site.) Please post the link in your submission post. Secondly, we require and a jpg/png image of your header so we can see the image without having to open every file.

*Voting/Voting Criteria

The staff will ultimately vote and choose the one which follows this criteria the best:

• Professionalism: We are looking for professional, clean-cut designs. Photoshop textures and effects are cool, however we're looking for something that is more like a website header and not a signature. Minimalism will be a good attribute here, with a few little bells and whistles, but not too many.
  • Creativity: We are looking for an exciting banner. Use the space to your advantage. Be clever. Think on top of the box, you get a better view.

If you are confused or have any questions concerning the competition, feel free to message one of the staff members and we will help you. Please post your submissions only in this thread:

*http://gagadaily.com...ns-thread-only/

HAVE FUN! :sara:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logan

banner as in top of the page or banner as in the ENTIRE theme? :redface:

Top of the page.

Sex Dreams

In all honesty, I think you should cut some restrictions. To many, and some aren't even needed tbh.

LittleDudeNT5

I don't get why you guys are asking graphic artists to do this. Considering there are SO many "restrictions". You guys are basically asking us to create the exact same header we have now but with a picture of our choosing. If you want new ones that look like the ones we already have, why not just make them yourselves like you did in the past?

:shrug: Just saying.

Logan

In all honesty, I think you should cut some restrictions. To many, and some aren't even needed tbh.

I don't get why you guys are asking graphic artists to do this. Considering there are SO many "restrictions". You guys are basically asking us to create the exact same header we have now but with a picture of our choosing. If you want new ones that look like the ones we already have, why not just make them yourselves like you did in the past?

:shrug: Just saying.

Which ones are you referring to? Maybe I could work something out with the admin.

JaysAMess

I don't really understand how we can "make our mark" when you're placing so many restrictions. I get they're for legal reasons or w/e but without being disrespectful, this is kind of pointless.

Logan

I don't really understand how we can "make our mark" when you're placing so many restrictions. I get they're for legal reasons or w/e but without being disrespectful, this is kind of pointless.

What would you prefer? I can't work on this if you guys don't give me something to work with.

JaysAMess

What would you prefer? I can't work on this if you guys don't give me something to work with.

This is blocking GAs from "making their mark":

Also, please do not use any photoshop textures, stock imagery, fonts, photoshop brushes that you don’t own, or that you don’t have permission to use. Most of it is public domain stuff, but we don’t want any issues.

All of that stuff is what makes a GAs work. You guys stripping that away will result in just another bland banner.

LittleDudeNT5

Which ones are you referring to? Maybe I could work something out with the admin.

Based on what was said above, it sounds like whoever came up with the rules, wants members to make a header that looks exactly like the one we have right now (save different color or picture). I just don't see the point when the admin can just do that himself since he's made these headers by himself.

I'm just saying that it seems kind of pointless. Reaching out to the art section & the graphic artists in particular (who would be the ones to jump on this project) want to be really carefree, elaborate, and creative with their work. I'm just saying this seems a bit of a weird request.

I'm sorry for my generalized post earlier - I just didn't know who made the rules. I think it's a really nice gesture from the mods to bring in the community to changing the site. I'm just saying - in my opinion - that the rules presented for this project kinda get in the way of any creativity that would make these upcoming banners any different from the older wants.

I appreciate the inclusion of the community in the decision to change the borders. But I'm just saying my opinion.

In no way is this meant to be rude. I'm just stating what I think.

Archived