Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So, Joanne won b!tches...

fede ARTPOP

Featured Posts

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, Joy Rose said:

Of course it is possible to stan more than one album or artist.

THE POINT IS the unnecessary comparison in their abilities like songwriting.

I don't know about you and the others but if I like someone besides Gaga like I do with Riri I would NEVER EVER drag one of Gaga's albums down just because I like ANTI more at the moment.

Like where is the sense of comparing two albums that are completely different. I don't get how certain brains work cause when I started listening to Lorde's Melodrama I never thought about Gaga or Joanne.

The problem is is that those fans are stating that “Lorde's album is a basic and boring album" when quite frankly that's not true. @fede ARTPOP made this thread for a stupid reason and that is to just solely bash and compare three different women, and I've only questioned their opinion because Joanne is not a special album and there are many things it falls short from but I'm not denying her talent. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave
9 hours ago, Skai Jackson said:

Gaga's work has been generic since The Fame Monster. 

Born this way says hi :awkney:

Marry the night says good morning :awkney:

ARTPOP says good evening :awkney:

Million reasons says goodbye :awkney:

Colourful

Just now, Joy Rose said:

Of course it is possible to stan more than one album or artist.

THE POINT IS the unnecessary comparison in their abilities like songwriting.

I don't know about you and the others but if I like someone besides Gaga like I do with Riri I would NEVER EVER drag one of Gaga's albums down just because I like ANTI more at the moment.

Like where is the sense of comparing two albums that are completely different. I don't get how certain brains work cause when I started listening to Lorde's Melodrama I never thought about Gaga or Joanne.

Oh, now I get what you're saying, and I completely agree. I love Melodrama. I love Joanne. They're not alike eachother really, so comparisons between those two albums doesn't make sense yeah - totally agree with you on that. :) 

I still think it's unnecessary of you to drag the people who like Melodrama in this thread tho, but whatevs :giggle:

HiddenWeirdo
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

It isn't a hard idea to grasp that when an album comes out we'd be discussing her more and many of us felt that way about how good this album is since the leak, critical reception is just an example of how successful it is but Lorde doesn't even need that validation. If you are so tired about the comparisons why aren't you complaining about the idea of this thread instead of trying to “bash" Lorde and compare their careers when they couldn't be even more different. “Can you let people like music"....the same way an album is commercially is the exact notion you feel about the critical reception of the album? I didn't even think it was a hard thing to grasp but ok

Isn't it obvious that I dislike this threads topic? Thought I didn't need to mention it.

Now wait, I said I like her album and even love supercut but I said that it makes no sense to compare them since both are on different levels.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no need to drag Joanne down. Cause the moment you start comparing them you drag one of them down.

The thing is that opinions are SUBJECTIVE and people in here don't say "I like it more". They say  "It is better" like it would be a fact. So the conclusion is that in order to tell "facts" you need a reliable source and this source for those people is METACRITIC. 

KyliesChild

@Joy Rose'a logic:

“I don't understand the comparison between them! Both of the albums couldn't even be more different and If someone said that Joanne is better than Anti I wouldn't do the same!" 

Weren't you not comparing their careers earlier though? Why are you partaking in such discussions if the methods of arguing you don't particularly agree with? 

HiddenWeirdo
5 minutes ago, ZeldaJ said:

Oh, now I get what you're saying, and I completely agree. I love Melodrama. I love Joanne. They're not alike eachother really, so comparisons between those two albums doesn't make sense yeah - totally agree with you on that. :) 

I still think it's unnecessary of you to drag the people who like Melodrama in this thread tho, but whatevs :giggle:

Then I have to apologize.

All I want is to show love for Joanne ANDother albums like Melodrama.

It just makes me sad to read those negative reactions about Joanne. 

ItsTommyBitch
44 minutes ago, Joy Rose said:

Funny that you're talking about Lemonade and impact. Cause I've seen NO IMPACT after Lemonade at all.

Hunny, if you and all those melofackers in here have problems stanning Gaga then simply leave Gagadaily with your negativity. 

Critics on Gaga's album are more than ok but comparing every female album to Gaga's is not the right thing. This is a side for Gaga stans where there should be mainly joy over positive things in HER career.

Lorde released 2 albums and you already start comparing her to one of the most successful artist of our generation? You think she writes better, makes better albums? Then simply go to "Lordedaily". 

If you have seen no impact from Lemonade, you haven't been paying attention. It's meaning, video, and the background and inspiration were heavily discussed and investigated from literally day one. Major news was reporting on it from several angles. Scholars debated it in classrooms, feminists took it apart for its themes. Black women reveled in its effects. Gay culture celebrated it. It is commonly referenced both in speech (iconic lines, things like that) and in performance, parts of the video have been recreated in TV-shows, comedy, etc. It references religion, spirituality, womanhood, cultural practices. It made culture its bitch, and no amount of blind stanning will change that. 

But I didn't come here to discuss Lemonade. I came here to read this thread and weigh my opinions against others and I strongly disagreed with a statement claiming that Joanne (or its meaning) had significant impact on pop culture. This also isn't some "stop comparing women to each other! /s" thing. If anything, blame the OP for making this a Joanne vs Witness vs Melodrama thing. 

Next, I strongly disagree with the bolded. You do not have to be a "stan" to be on this website and in many ways, stanship is blind and uncritical. I refuse to be those things. I enjoyed Joanne, but not as much as Melodrama or a few other pop releases this year. I am happy for Gaga, both in her career and her personal life, but it doesn't mean I can't recognize certain truths. One being that Joanne's sales compared to her contemporaries do not mean that the album is in any way better, more well received, or more likely to be awarded. In this case, I think Melodrama has a decent chance of being nominated. 

Finally, I would go to a "Lordedaily" if there was one, as one can stan or be a fan of multiple artists :sis: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

5 minutes ago, Joy Rose said:

Then I have to apologize.

All I want is to show love for Joanne ANDother albums like Melodrama.

It just makes me sad to read those negative reactions about Joanne. 

No worries, I get ya, I've been loving & defending Joanne since day 1! :) 

Tbh, a thread like this is bound to be problematic :sharon: Not sure why sales are so important to be able to like an album, I'll never understand that :huh:

The Surrealist
58 minutes ago, ZeldaJ said:

I wasn't talking about media or in general, I was talking about this site, Gagadaily & the gays. :madge:

But the gay community always was more supportive and interested in female artists. So why would they care about male artists anyways?

HiddenWeirdo
2 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

If you have seen no impact from Lemonade, you haven't been paying attention. It's meaning, video, and the background and inspiration were heavily discussed and investigated from literally day one. Major news was reporting on it from several angles. Scholars debated it in classrooms, feminists took it apart for its themes. Black women reveled in its effects. Gay culture celebrated it. It is commonly referenced both in speech (iconic lines, things like that) and in performance, parts of the video have been recreated in TV-shows, comedy, etc. It references religion, spirituality, womanhood, cultural practices. It made culture its bitch, and no amount of blind stanning will change that. 

But I didn't come here to discuss Lemonade. I came here to read this thread and weigh my opinions against others and I strongly disagreed with a statement claiming that Joanne (or its meaning) had significant impact on pop culture. This also isn't some "stop comparing women to each other! /s" thing. If anything, blame the OP for making this a Joanne vs Witness vs Melodrama thing. 

Finally, I strongly disagree with the bolded. You do not have to be a "stan" to be on this website and in many ways, stanship is blind and uncritical. I refuse to be those things. I enjoyed Joanne, but not as much as Melodrama or a few other pop releases this year. I am happy for Gaga, both in her career and her personal life, but it doesn't mean I can't recognize certain truths. One being that Joanne's sales compared to her contemporaries do not mean that the album is in any way better, more well received, or more likely to be awarded. In this case, I think Melodrama has a decent chance of being nominated. 

But it's your truth. It's your perception of those artists work. Based on what do you argue? Big impacts? Those Impacts only reflect the reaction other people had on the album but you should talk from your perspective.

Something you see as important doesn't need to be important for me. 

xoxo Craig
10 hours ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Joanne 201K

Witness 180K

Melodrama <100K

Hide contents

tumblr_ofgubo5fkX1ufiit5o1_r1_500.gif

Talent wins, always:whitney:

End Racism Now

2 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

But the gay community always was more supportive and interested in female artists. So why would they care about male artists anyways?

You're not really seeing my point, but ok. While the gay community are more "supportive" of female artist, they can also be very misogynistic & sexist towards females - *some* of the gays are some of the worst offenders of this. 

The Surrealist
1 minute ago, ZeldaJ said:

You're not really seeing my point, but ok. While the gay community are more "supportive" of female artist, they can also be very misogynistic & sexist towards females - *some* of the gays are some of the worst offenders of this. 

That's hardly surprising. 

KyliesChild
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

Joanne is just simply the better album:whitney:

Why are you simply stating this opinion as fact? You need to take you and you ready opinion and sit down. 

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Archived