đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: #18 Katy -92% sales -89% SPS; #1 Lorde 73k/95k

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

OOPS22

Can she ever come back the way Gaga has? She lacks real talent so I'm not sure she can. These sales are SO bad. 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay
17 minutes ago, Naufri said:

Is this why ATRL is down?

I was thinking the same thing

DeanWinchester
7 hours ago, SychosSoChic said:

SOMETHING

Nudes

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Lorde should've done better than Joanne and here's why:

Melodrama was more commercial than Joanne. It was pure pop and was produced by the same man who worked on 1989. :deadbanana: She also has trap influence on some songs and every topic could be easy for her demographic to relate to. 

She was coming off a more successful era. PH outsold AP and was one of the biggest albums of 2014. Acclaim, Grammys and commercial success all coincided in this blockbuster era with a huge smash that everyone still remembers. 

It's cool to like Lorde. Hipsters love her and anyone who wants to seem different seems to have an interest in her. Her marketing is somewhat pretentious and all, but she had a huge demographic of hipsters waiting to be exploited by another pop album disguised as high art that they could use to gain brownie points from their hipster overlords. Gaga is a gay icon who is too mainstream for the hipsters and too weird for the normies. Yet she still pulled higher numbers after a flop era. 

Time, the ultimate truth teller. 

The tour bundles saved Katy. I feel like she would've done 100-120k without it. Melodrama and Witness are great examples of what happens when you wait months after the lead single to drop the album in today's market. No one is here for long gaps like that anymore, it used to build hype, but we don't have that kind of attention span anymore. The 25/Joanne style roll out works way better, because people still have a lead single fresh in their mind when the album comes out. 

Slayer
1 hour ago, OLH said:

Melodrama was more commercial than Joanne. It was pure pop and was produced by the same man who worked on 1989. :deadbanana: She also has trap influence on some songs and every topic could be easy for her demographic to relate to. 

She was coming off a more successful era. PH outsold AP and was one of the biggest albums of 2014. Acclaim, Grammys and commercial success all coincided in this blockbuster era with a huge smash that everyone still remembers. 

It's cool to like Lorde. Hipsters love her and anyone who wants to seem different seems to have an interest in her. Her marketing is somewhat pretentious and all, but she had a huge demographic of hipsters waiting to be exploited by another pop album disguised as high art that they could use to gain brownie points from their hipster overlords. Gaga is a gay icon who is too mainstream for the hipsters and too weird for the normies. Yet she still pulled higher numbers after a flop era. 

Simple answer is that she waited too long. People forgot about her. I thought Green Light would have been able to ignite interest in her again as it's without a doubt one of the best songs of the year, but people just aren't here for it. So I was surprised to see she's done as well as she did off the back of a relatively poor performance with her lead single.

Melodrama is definitely the better album though. I can't believe I'm more excited about Lorde's new album than Lady Gaga's. A few years ago I would have slapped myself for saying that.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

Simple answer is that she waited too long. People forgot about her. I thought Green Light would have been able to ignite interest in her again as it's without a doubt one of the best songs of the year, but people just aren't here for it. So I was surprised to see she's done as well as she did off the back of a relatively poor performance with her lead single.

Melodrama is definitely the better album though. I can't believe I'm more excited about Lorde's new album than Lady Gaga's. A few years ago I would have slapped myself for saying that.

I'm glad you liked it, but the album didn't do anything for me. 

Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, OLH said:

1)No,no and no. Melodrama is full of experiments and unusual stuff. Joanne is a lot closer to simple pure commercial pop :awkney: 

2)She was a new artist,she is still building her image. Taking a 4 years hiatus is almost suicidal for a new artist. So her numbers are pretty impressive.

3)Lorde is not a main pop girl so it's obvious that her first week sales won't be huge. Pretty sure her album will have a great longevity. Her first week sales say nothing. Gaga only has great first week sales because she has a big fanbase.

leecy
3 hours ago, EDP said:

Can she ever come back the way Gaga has? She lacks real talent so I'm not sure she can. These sales are SO bad. 

she doesn't only lack talent, she's also famous for not being able to sing live well

I think her career is heading to the basement

Just now, IAmDavid said:

1)No,no and no. Melodrama is full of experiments and unusual stuff. Joanne is a lot closer to simple pure commercial pop :awkney: 

2)She was a new artist,she is still building her image. Taking a 4 years hiatus is almost suicidal for a new artist. So her numbers are pretty impressive.

3)Lorde is not a main pop girl so it's obvious that her first week sales won't be huge. Pretty sure her album will have a great longevity. Her first week sales say nothing. Gaga only has great first week sales because she has a big fanbase.

I need something to back this up. Give me a song on Melodrama that sounds completely out of left field and couldn't be played on the radio. She's not a Bjork type. Lorde and Gaga are similar in that they merge underground sounds with mainstream trends a lot of the time. It's not my fault she took such a long break and doesn't have a big fan base. 

OOPS22
Just now, leecy said:

she doesn't only lack talent, she's also famous for not able to sing live well

I think her career is heading to the basement

"Another one in the casket." :bye:

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

Monsterish
1 hour ago, OLH said:

The tour bundles saved Katy. I feel like she would've done 100-120k without it. Melodrama and Witness are great examples of what happens when you wait months after the lead single to drop the album in today's market. No one is here for long gaps like that anymore, it used to build hype, but we don't have that kind of attention span anymore. The 25/Joanne style roll out works way better, because people still have a lead single fresh in their mind when the album comes out. 

I'm agree :golfclap: But the fact that even Perfect Illusion, Joanne's lead single, floped and the album sold better than Katy Perry's Witness is... :ladyhaha: Time the ultimate truth teller 

1 minute ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I'm agree :golfclap: But the fact that even Perfect Illusion, Joanne's lead single, floped and the album sold better than Katy Perry's Witness is... :ladyhaha: Time the ultimate truth teller 

And the fact that the Youtube views are so low show that the few people who saw/heard the albums music must've loved it a lot. 

Archived