Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Spoilers! Babadook the LGBT Icon

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Yuuri

If you thought LGBT icons were just for human figures like Lady Gaga, Madonna. and Arianna Grande, then think again! 

babadook-gay-1496854230.jpg?quality=0.8&

In the movie, the Babadook is a monster that haunts the house of a widow and her 6-year-old son. The father died in a car accident while the mother was in labor, and his death hangs over the family. The son acts out in school, and the mom is beleaguered. At some point, he asks his mom to read this new pop-up book called Mister Babadookthat mysteriously appears out of nowhere. That brings in the monster.

Now, a boring heterosexual’s interpretation ofThe Babadook is that the monster is a devastating manifestation of grief: Even as we learn to survive traumatic loss, it lives on as a part of us. Meanwhile, gay Twitter and Tumblr advanced a much more elegant theory of the Babadook, which is that he’s a gay man. 

413D241300000578-4585530-image-a-59_1496

07-babadook-tumblr-1.w710.h473.2x-810x53

07-babadook-tumblr-2.nocrop.w710.h214748

Even Netflix 

tumblr_ohzng0nOi41qmfnw5o1_500.png

And a RuPual meme

tumblr_opv0vkS4gk1rt3effo1_1280.jpg

Kermit

he on grindr or nah

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Y'all need to see Miles Jai in Babadook drag

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

FATCAT

The worst part is that people are saying that the babadook is only a gay icon because white gay men like babadook's drawings because it's "reminisint of racist cartoons from history".

Like, really?

Purr more, hiss less.

Kermit
Just now, Misaki said:

tumblr_or8sf9T9KS1sg5u7ko1_500.jpg

IM ABOUT TO HIT 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kermit
Just now, FATCAT said:

The worst part is that people are saying that the babadook is only a gay icon because white gay men like babadook's drawings because it's "reminisint of racist cartoons from history".

Like, really?

:tony: srry waht 

donutellha
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Like, really?

monsters of color like babadook CLEARLY invented gay culture, when will the white twinks learn?

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

SychosSoChic

I hear he's a masc4fem power top and that he's looking for a 20 something bottom boyfriend to spend his money on

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Yuuri
Just now, SychosSoChic said:

I hear he's a masc4fem power top and that he's looking for a 20 something bottom boyfriend to spend his money on

He'a going to get @DominicB, and that's as close to a bottom he'a going to get.

Kermit
Just now, Misaki said:

:air::air:Im a top

SychosSoChic
Just now, Misaki said:

Is @DominicB the power bottom of BabaBae's dreams? :tony:

Is DominicB the Cure? :tony:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

MonsterOfficial

photographic evidence of the Babadook coming out of the closet

babadook.jpg

im babashook

exorcise my mind

Kermit
Just now, SychosSoChic said:

Is @DominicB the power bottom of BabaBae's dreams? :tony:

Is DominicB the Cure? :tony:

IM ACTUALLY SCREAMING :air::air:

Archived