Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's in Deep water with American idol

Debithius

Featured Posts

Debithius

Apparently Ryan Seacrest might not come back because of Katy Perry. Katy Perry allegedly (If not 100% true) wanted $25m for judging on the show where as Ryan only got $10m despite him hosting the show for 15 years. Do you think this is fair? Also, Katy apparently got 68% of the judge's budget combined which means that not many people might be up to judge. Now there is a lot of pressure on Katy to do well as a judge and now that the GP knows how much she is making they are going to judge her and be really harsh if she screws up. Especially considering that there might not be other judges joining her.

She has been so controverisal and I mean sure whatever, bad press can go both ways and if this is just to sell better and be talked about then I hope her team has a plan of how to drag Katy out of this this mess. I just think she should stop until she REALLY hurts her career.

More at Wendy:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I just wanna say that bad press is not good press, and people need to stop believing that  :green:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Rat Boy

I can't believe the amount of bad press Katy is getting this album cycle.

tumblr_nlpoi7ruIx1t8wou5o2_r1_250.gif

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

blackpink

Agreed. Let's just hope she will judge well but I still think that's a waste of money for Katy Perry in 2017.

Maybe if it was 2010/11 no shade 

ToxicHot

American Idol should have been left dead when it was supposed to, not resurrected. I'd rather just watch The Voice tbh. :nails: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Ray of Light

Many could try to argue "omg Katy still got her check though so whatever!!! She won!! Kiiii!!" but truly, no amount of money could ever make up for the total career nose dive this will bring to her and the people who work for her. And pissing more industry heavyweights off day by day? Good luck Katheryn!  

3pnk3M9.gif

GagaMyBlood95

She can't be the ONLY judge, but other ones will probably be irrelevant names since they spent most of their budget on her..

RAMROD

LEL be in knee deep of her own shiz, what an achievement, honestly truly :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

migamiga

Well, to be fair, Katy needs that much money because she's sacrificing her time to be the judge when she could be touring or doing other stuff to make money. $25 mil is probably approximately how much she makes from touring, endorsement deals, appearances, etc. If AI didn't wanna pay that much they didn't have to. The show has gone on long enough where they should know how to budget these salaries. 

As far as her judging goes, from the past it seems like she's very judgmental and always has to mention how she's talented. I feel like she would try to be the Simon of the re-boot and throw in some stan terms to come off as sassy, funny, and relevant :madge:

Debithius
3 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Well, to be fair, Katy needs that much money because she's sacrificing her time to be the judge when she could be touring or doing other stuff to make money. $25 mil is probably approximately how much she makes from touring, endorsement deals, appearances, etc. If AI didn't wanna pay that much they didn't have to. The show has gone on long enough where they should know how to budget these salaries. 

As far as her judging goes, from the past it seems like she's very judgmental and always has to mention how she's talented. I feel like she would try to be the Simon of the re-boot and throw in some stan terms to come off as sassy, funny, and relevant :madge:

She doesnt need that amount. She probably wont go on tour until next year or late 2017 which is when AI ends. The fact that she accepted the offer in the first place means that she got time to judge before the tour.

littlepotter
22 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I just wanna say that bad press is not good press, and people need to stop believing that  :green:

Just ask Chris Brown or Dr Luke :trollga:

chaeri pls

RAMROD
Just now, littlepotter said:

Just ask Chris Brown or Dr Luke :trollga:

Don't hear them in media lately, so it worked :poot:

Bebe

I think it's fair that Katy is getting paid more than Ryan, she is the superstar judge, she is the one execs are banking on drawing the ratings. If Jennifer Lawrence, for some bizarre reason, suddenly joined the cast of Law & Order: SVU I'd guess she would be getting paid more than Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni even if she is the newcomer and they have been around for 18 seasons.

Katy has been building her brand in music for nearly a decade and is regarded as one of the biggest stars on the planet. She appeals to a large audience and lends some credibility and currency to the project. Even considering the dip in her success as of late, I think that price is understandable from her perspective at least. Nicki reportedly got $12 mil, J-Lo reportedly got $17 mil, Mariah reportedly got $18 mil. I think Katy and execs would think Katy is currently a bigger star than any of those ladies and is therefore more likely to draw in audiences. That makes her more valuable. 

Nothing against Ryan Seacrest, he has clearly been great for the show and he is obviously a very valuable part of the team.

I think she could make a good addition, she will no doubt have other judges sitting beside her and I don't think people will see a $25 million price tag floating above her head when they turn on their T.V to check out Idol. 

RAMROD
Just now, Bebe said:

I don't think people will see a $25 million price tag floating above her head when they turn on their T.V to check out Idol. 

Don't worry, that's why tabloids and gossips shows exists. They will reminds all the general people who mostly reads and watch these crap about this fact. It always goes hand in hand.

Archived