Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Be thankful for what you got!

NSFW/gays/parents/school

"Many rock videos are notoriously sexist, this video was put together by a group of people of different genders and mixed sexual preference. It is intended not to offend, but to confront”

*applause*

Edited by Luxe Ford
What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

culturalbaptism

This track aged really well. My favorite from Born This Way and definitely her top 3 overall.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.
  • Love 1

culturalbaptism

Taylor and Hayley really pushed some boundaries here. A well deserved Grammy winner.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Luxe Ford

Sondr feat. Molly Hammar - Holding On

Molly is too talented for this autotuned trop house mess, but it just might get her some attention.

So...yay?

And man bun guy is eating the camera with that smile!

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Stakker Humanoid

An Ecstaremly influential 1988 track that took Chicago Acid House to the UK, giving it a harder edge. 

The Guardian called it "the first truly credible UK acid techno record to break into the mainstream."

tumblr_n34g5wLwVk1snge63o1_400.gif

It starts timidly enough with that chatacteristic 303 bassline gently squiggling on. Then at 1:15 it goes "tchuck, tchuck, tchuck!" and really kicks in, getting more and more intense.

I dare to say that without this track there probably wouldn't be a rave and techno scene, no progressive house and no bloody EDM 30 years on.

And to quote Oasis' Liam Ghallager:

"What a ****ing tune Stakker Humanoid is! I didn't realise it was them (Future Sound of London) until we were about halfway through recording. Someone mentioned that track halfway through recording [his collaborative album with Amorphous Androgynous] and I was like, 'You're ****ing joking … shut up … get the **** out of here!' I had to stop and give them a hug. I used to love that tune!"

Luxe Ford

101 - Rock to the beat

New Beat/Rave diva Jade 4U only repeats the phrase "said rock to the beat" in a deadpan voice her, but she could actually sing.

[Edit: just watched an interview with Jade 4U and her laying these vocals was the most boring thing ever!]

New Beat was the Belgians darker, more brooding version of Acid House. "Rock To The Beat" is a cover version of Reese & Santonios song from the same year (1988), but with more expensive software.

Live on Top Of The Pops four years later:

She misses to cut her line once, though. :toofunny:

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Baby Ford - Oochy Koochy (f.u. baby yeh yeh)

Someone has to celebrate the 30 years gone by since Acid House caused mass brain damage to millions of kids in Europe during the second summer of love!

I love that the record company had to put a warning text on the sleeve (DO NOT SET LEVELS TO MAXIMUM!) because the bass was set too low and blew up speakers everywhere.

Nerd fact: the shrieks and yells are sampled from the sex scene in the David Bowie film "The Man Who Fell To Earth". I watched it on TV once and went ballistic. Like, woah there!

Luxe Ford

I'm glad bi trap pop queen of multiple mental disorders and tabloid headlines Ă„ngie is becoming more health conscious.

It takes as much as 46 seconds before she smokes dope in this video.

That's a record!

Edited by Luxe Ford