HANZ

all of her performanxces this era have been so awkward and messy

just another one in the basket:awkney:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItWasntLaauv

I love this performance, it was just a really fun time. I am so here for this Katy era tbh, I have yet to see the BA performance yet, hope it's good. :staymad:

StrawberryBlond

I really have no idea what she's going for this era. I don't understand her outfit. She's dressed up like Beetlejuice with a whistle around her neck that she didn't even blow. What with that and the haircut, she actually reminded me of Sue Sylvester from Glee, except in a silly outfit. I don't know how that look correlated to drag queens. I just knew it was going to involve drag culture, vogueing and suchlike, as soon as I heard the beat. What a predictable direction. She never featured drag queens when their culture wasn't relevant but now she knows that appealing to the gays pulls in money. You'll notice that they're the ones going crazy over this track on all those YouTube reaction videos. Her methods to sell are just as calculated as the lyrics of this song. And as for the little boy...please stop turning these kids into viral stars especially when they have no talent or not enough to put in front of the world yet. Just let them be kids. Doing this to such young children is the fastest route to turning them into arrogant brats. You can just see by the look on this little rascal's face that he must be a delight to parent. Goodness knows what he'll be like when he becomes a teenager. What kids think is cool these days just astounds me. If any kid did this back in my day, you'd be bullied mercilessly and be a social pariah.

Her vocals are only very similar to the track here because she is using a backing track and the song really doesn't involve singing anyway, it's basically talk-singing. Hence, she can perform it ok live. But as we just saw, she has to let other people sell the performance as she herself can't dance or has any level of performance ability. Heaven knows what a mess this is going to be when she sings it on tour.

Thomas P

I don't want to say this cuz I really do love Katy, but Nicki makes that song. Without her it loses the thing that makes me interested. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P

Y'all are overrating this performance so much. I'm a HUGE Katy Perry fan, but even I can admit that it was absolute ****.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Baduizm

She's trying realllllly hard this era to be "urban" and "trendy" but it's not working and it's kinda offensive.

KingRedd
9 hours ago, SKANK said:

Okay, Bad Girls Club, let's calm down. :toofunny:

I asked you if you found it annoying when every other pop star other than Katy Perry appropriates Drag. I didn't assume to know your opinion. I asked a question.

Reading comprehension is what? Fundamental.

Drag em back to reading rainbow. :golfclap:

May I Read You? 😎

babs
7 hours ago, Beyond said:

It looks like Applause Lyrics video :reductive:

WAS COMING TO POST THIS! I MEAN REALLY B*TCH?

THIS PLUS THE FACT GAGA JUST DID A MIC DROP ON THE BIGGEST STAGE ON THE WORLD LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO?

I am loving Swish Swish and I don't wanna say this all is intentional, but f*ck Katy's giving me a hard time denying the gaga impact this era.

ReidOne

The performance was a mess, but not entirely trash. Here's something clever I noticed... 

The beef with Taylor all began over Katy stealing her backup dancers, right? So for this performance, Katy features Jose Xtravangza (the guy in the body suit). Who is one of Madonna's backup dancers from Blonde Ambition and Vogue video. 

I see what u did there, Katy. I'm gagging! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Gutierez_Xtravaganza

vogue-copy-560x398.jpg

joseforweb-320x320.jpg

evgenigerm2
11 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

The performance was a mess, but not entirely trash. Here's something clever I noticed... 

The beef with Taylor all began over Katy stealing her backup dancers, right? So for this performance, Katy features Jose Xtravangza (the guy in the body suit). Who is one of Madonna's backup dancers from Blonde Ambition and Vogue video. 

I see what u did there, Katy. I'm gagging! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Gutierez_Xtravaganza

vogue-copy-560x398.jpg

joseforweb-320x320.jpg

So she wants to start a feud with Madonna now?

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

ReidOne
Just now, evgenigerm2 said:

So she wants to start a feud with Madonna now?

LOL no, but I think she was just acknowledging the "stolen backup dancer" drama and also shading Taylor by "stealing" an even bigger female pop stars dancer.

Plus it fit the theme of the performance - Jose Xtravaganza is an OG NYC ballroom voguer (he was even in Paris is Burning). 

Nicely done, Katy! 

prince
12 hours ago, F AM E said:

This is why I find her so annoying. She thinks she's so cool keeping up with "trends". Using drag culture cause it's trendy now. Everything comes across as so unnatural- her dance moves, her vocal performance, even the way she speaks 

Literally this, I said to my boyf I was like if this was a different artist I'd enjoy it but it feels so forced with her and so contrived "Everyone loves drag and queer culture right now so we MUST use it!". Also it doesn't help that the whole performance just looked like a mess anyway

ReidOne

In Katy's defense, the song sounds like early 90's house, which was the soundtrack to drag ballroom culture and voguing, so I did not find it at all "appropriating" gay culture to feature drag queens, I thought it was appropriate? 

Archived