Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was GGD like in 2013-14?

POP2

Featured Posts

Phoenix

it was great tbh

most of people left in 2015 cause thats when update happened

gaga's floppage wasn't affecting the site that much, there were meltdowns, but i feel like at  that point people still had hope that it will turn around to better, like katycats have rn with katy perry

later when era ended the way it did, people started having more meltdowns and there were 234798234 threads with "what if gaga did this, what if gaga did that" and "how would you manage the ARTPOP era" etc

💎

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blake

GGD was amazing from like 2009 to 2012 ish. After that it went to sh*t.

Everyone was knowing of each other and it was like a small community, now it's actually disgusting lmao

Dominic

It was a good time. I joined just before she made that iconic surprise announcement:

gaga_2615776b.jpg

I moved from LM.com to here for obv reasons. It was just after the blackout so we lived on rumours and "insiders" which were actually enjoyed then. 

AP was received well mostly. A lot of Sexxx Dreams (ft. Rih) vs. GUY/Venus threads. Katy became the new Madonna of GGD because she outsold Gaga which had never been done before. 

Then came "music not the bling" which I think changed her fanbase a lot. People became hyper critical of AP and mainstream music in general. 

AP turned sour due to issues behind the scenes and I think a lot of people were over the up/down of the era by the end. We got C2C but as a whole 2014 was a quieter year on here. 

The site had a revamp at some point in there. 

Tldr; yeah it was good 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Ricardo
18 minutes ago, Pablo said:

edit: I've been here since like 2009/2010, most people don't remember there used to be an 18+ section where there were basically no rules. People would post nudes and stuff, it was wild. Then in 2012 when ggd moved to the site we have now it was removed :grr: .

you are the first person I see that remember the adult section, I was in there too, lovely times, remember Jase and there was a girl, she was crazy and everyone hate her and she always posted a green emoji, also I remember Brandon (I believe that was his name) probably the first "straight" guy ever on GGD 

KlwXK2D.gif 

@Jase please refresh my memory 

YUNGLUKA

The 2013 - 2014 era was cute , hilarious and damn shady. Like actually shady not like the shade and apologise era y'all have going on now. and @Haroon was just learning about homosexuality which myself and other members taught him 

#CHATTYANG2K13

crisTEAne

very shady. ARTPOP and gagz herself (!) were dragged to the pits of hell multiple times on a daily basis

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

YeehawKylie

I'd love to know what the Charts Discussion thread was like during the DWUW-G.U.Y. era...:emma:

bionic
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

most of people left in 2015 cause thats when update happened

I can barely remember what the site looked like before the update now... all I can remember is that chat used to actually be active

buy bionic

Phoenix
10 minutes ago, bionic said:

I can barely remember what the site looked like before the update now... all I can remember is that chat used to actually be active

i remember it had that c2c era and halloween era, just the change of colors. i actually remember it very well. being able to comment on status updates from the homepage, and when we had those applause cover inspired avi's with our usernames written in side and g.u.y g.i.r.l. on other side etc. :D

💎

Phoenix
1 hour ago, Blake said:

GGD was amazing from like 2009 to 2012 ish. After that it went to sh*t.

Everyone was knowing of each other and it was like a small community, now it's actually disgusting lmao

the community was great before the 3rd update actually.

💎

Blake
Just now, Phoenix said:

the community was great before the 3rd update actually.

That's good for your experience but since I've been around since the beginning, I know my own thoughts about the 'community'. :toofunny: 

Phoenix
9 minutes ago, Blake said:

That's good for your experience but since I've been around since the beginning, I know my own thoughts about the 'community'. :toofunny: 

oh yes you are the superior i was here from the beginning type

excuse me lool

💎

Archived