Witness album cover revealed

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK
4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

whether it's Katy or Gaga or Madonna or whoever, I don't understand why these pop stars and their fans think that a freaky artwork is "art", I'm always baffled by this :huh:

"Freaky" or not, an album cover is a piece of design, it's art.

androiduser
34 minutes ago, SKANK said:

"Freaky" or not, an album cover is a piece of design, it's art.

if anything, it's applied art

MaybeKermit
9 hours ago, Blake said:

...Photoshop exam? :toofunny:

Photoshop doesn't do those, honey.

What do u mean?:oprah:

HOTNebraskaGuy

Looks wicked 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

misunderstood

I love it

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Spanish Eyes

I just don't think Katy's output will ever feel genuine to me. She tried to commercialize resistance with CTTR, then wrote about getting gangbanged by Migos, now this....this just feels like it's trying too hard.

Maybe I'm still kinda bitter about 2013, but truthfully, I just find it kinda sad to watch her jump from idea to idea, looking for anything that will sell. 

SKANK
32 minutes ago, androiduser said:

if anything, it's applied art

Applied art, is art.

You should check out the book Cover by designer Peter Mendelsund, it might begin to clear up your bafflement. Graphic design, particularly when it comes to album covers and book covers, is a beautiful art form.

androiduser
2 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Applied art, is art.

You should check out the book Cover by designer Peter Mendelsund, it might begin to clear up your bafflement. Graphic design, particularly when it comes to album covers and book covers, is a beautiful art form.

I definitely agree with this, but my confusion is - pop stars just do something seemingly whacky and it's suddenly more artistic

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

I ****ing love it! 100% Iluminati Queen hahaha I wish Gaga could do something like this again.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

SKANK
Just now, androiduser said:

I definitely agree with this, but my confusion is - pop stars just do something seemingly whacky and it's suddenly more artistic

The "wackiness" is a creative risk. If you are taking a creative risk with your album cover people are going to discuss it as if it were a piece of art rather than just a commercial product.

The Witness album cover isn't particularly original or well designed, but it is far more thought provoking, challenging, and interesting than the Joanne album cover, for example.

zero1.jpg

malazam

Atrocious. 

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived