Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit ft. Migos

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Why do you hate like… everything? 

I already recanted my initial thoughts, going on to say it's a decent concept that was extremely well executed visually and improved upon a song that was initially okay at best. Read on, mate. First impressions aren't always lasting ones.

And I don't hate everything. I post a lot about my love for pop music, especially Kylie Minogue and Jennifer Lopez. I talk about my love for Joanne. You even liked my post saying I was excited for Liam's new song, despite being disappointed a Migo was featured! So I don't know where this is coming from...

I'm opinionated, I know, and say how I feel, but I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.  This time my first impression was wrong and I've gone on to defend the video and admit my initial opinion was misguided...twice. :giggle:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I'm just waiting hoping and breathing for the moment someone writes an article accusing this of being a pro-rape/sexual assault anthem. 

I've already seen people comment that in this thread. It's as though Gaga's videos or songs haven't ever been judged at face value and deemed offensive to a community (Judas anyone?). This song is clearly about women in the industry being manufactured for sex/money and how they become reliant or addicted to it....:awkney:

MonsterPaws
4 hours ago, Gia Gunn said:

It's making me uncomfortable :awkney: 

This.

Idk what's off about it though. It's not a terrible MV and Katy looks STUNNING.

But it feels so dirty (and not in the good sexy way).

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

But it feels so dirty (and not in the good sexy way).

I don't think it's supposed to be sexy...lol. There's nothing sexy about people having carrots and other vegetables poured on them, not to mention being rolled around in dough and stretched out. :emma:

ReidOne
9 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

There's nothing sexy about people having carrots and other vegetables poured on them, not to mention being rolled around in dough and stretched out. :emma:

Everything is sexy to someone, lol. 

sddefault.jpg

prince
11 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

I don't think it's supposed to be sexy...lol. There's nothing sexy about people having carrots and other vegetables poured on them, not to mention being rolled around in dough and stretched out. :emma:

It's obviously meant to be sexy/sexualised you can't deny that! It's just done in a humorous way. It's like California Girls 0e8bd39e1cb51409f72d512da3b6295c.gif

The song is all about sex and the metaphor for that was food so she's literally combined the two together to make something funny and sexualised. It's quite cool tbh

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, princetomc said:

It's obviously meant to be sexy/sexualised you can't deny that! It's just done in a humorous way. It's like California Girls 0e8bd39e1cb51409f72d512da3b6295c.gif

The song is all about sex and the metaphor for that was food so she's literally combined the two together to make something funny and sexualised. It's quite cool tbh

I think it was more a critique on how he music industry manufactures pop singers and uses their sexuality for profit. So, yes and no on the video intending to be sexy. I guess yes, it is but not a glamorous sexy of that makes sense.

prince
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

I think it was more a critique on how he music industry manufactures pop singers and uses their sexuality for profit. So, yes and no on the video intending to be sexy. I guess yes, it is but not a glamorous sexy of that makes sense.

Yeah I get you, she doesn't seem to be using her sex appeal to be seen as sexy if that makes sense? She knows she has sex appeal and she knows how that can be used to sell and market products so I kind of feel like she's turning all of that on it's head. She looks beautiful and sexy but she's being literally twisted and moulded and produced and made a certain way and at the end of it all she takes charge. 

Irrelevant

DWUW teas tbh for me 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, M I M I Z said:

omg she's soo cute and down to earth :heart:

Honestly why doesn't gaga do this tbh, her own channel is becoming waste :emma: 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived