šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jennifer Lopez's 30 Best Songs | Top Ten Now!

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

Hades
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Sadly, neither were. I personally think Rebirth is her best album, so I don't quite understand why it only got two singles.

Never liked the second single.Ā :emma:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

22. Emotions

3274920430_1_16_Vae7bFCQ.gif

Jennifer Lopez proved her haters wrong with this song (and I know it's a divisive song), at least in regard to her vocals. While her Spanish-language album highlights her vocal prowess, her English-language songs typically have been less demanding vocally. That being said, this song highlights her vocal talent. It gets some unwarranted hate for the lyrics ā€˜I feel good, so I donā€™t feel badā€™. I choose to view the criticized lyrics as snarky, rather than lazy. Often women are expected to feel bad for choosing to empower themselvesā€¦I believe that Lopez is confirming that she refuses to feel regret over her happiness. This is one of her best songs and clearly her most underrated, arguably.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #23 Cherry Pie

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Never liked the second single.Ā :emma:

It was okay, Step Into My World or Cherry Pie would've been better options for a second single. Why anyone thought collaborating with Fat Joe was a good thing (looking at you Thalia and Ashanti) I will never know.Ā 

Hades

It was okay, Step Into My World or Cherry Pie would've been better options for a second single. Why anyone thought collaborating with Fat Joe was a good thing (looking at you Thalia and Ashanti) I will never know.Ā 

I guess because ''lean back'' and his mainstream exposure back then. Still a forgotten song.

YeehawKylie

21. Iā€™m Real

tumblr_n0dgsecYbc1r5zj1yo1_500.gif?18287

One of her most iconic songs and a common theme for Jennifer Lopez: despite her success, sheā€™s ā€˜realā€™ā€¦she is still the same girl she was in the Bronx during the 70s and 80s. Perhaps odd to leave it out of the Top 20, but while this song is an incredible fixture in Lopezā€™s resume it doesnā€™t quite grasp oneā€™s attention as much as some of her more iconic songs and more in-depth non-singles.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #22 Emotions

YeehawKylie

Tomorrow at 4PM ESTĀ I will reveal #20-16, with #15-11 later in the evening (for me at least). I will post the Top 10 on Thursday in one sitting.Ā :pray:

Hades

Tomorrow at 4PM ESTĀ I will reveal #20-16, with #15-11 later in the evening (for me at least). I will post the Top 10 on Thursday in one sitting.Ā :pray:

Perched for my faves.:excited2:Ā Wish more could follow this thread.

YeehawKylie
5 minutes ago, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Perched for my faves.Ā Wish more could follow this thread.

I'm just glad you're here and enjoy it.Ā :hug:(I was lonely for the first round)

Trying to spread my love for JLO and her music, hopefully I'll convert one or two Gaga fans...:reductive:

juju
1 hour ago, IndieKylie said:

some of the best double-entendreā€™s of recent years (sorry Katy).

Ā 

Not to shade Katy Perry twice in one sitting, but oh does she wish

I live for your Katy shading :ladyhaha:Ā 

Sad I missed this go-around but I'll be on time for tomorrow's reveal!
Ā 

21. Iā€™m Real

tumblr_n0dgsecYbc1r5zj1yo1_500.gif?18287

One of her most iconic songs and a common theme for Jennifer Lopez: despite her success, sheā€™s ā€˜realā€™ā€¦she is still the same girl she was in the Bronx during the 70s and 80s. Perhaps odd to leave it out of the Top 20, but while this song is an incredible fixture in Lopezā€™s resume it doesnā€™t quite grasp oneā€™s attention as much as some of her more iconic songs and more in-depth non-singles.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #22 Emotions

MY SONG :diane:Ā Definitely in my Top 5 :diane:Ā 

ā¤ x ā¤

YeehawKylie
26 minutes ago, juju said:

Ā 

I live for your Katy shading Ā 

Sad I missed this go-around but I'll be on time for tomorrow's reveal!
Ā 

MY SONG Ā Definitely in my Top 5 Ā 

It was too easy to shade Katy here!! And while I like I'm Real, it just never really emerged as one of my faves!Ā :emma:

YeehawKylie

20. The Way It Is

tumblr_m8t95u4t9z1rusrvpo1_500.gif

The forgotten track, nestled in the second half of the forgotten album, Brave. The Way It Is opens with Lopez ooh-ing and aah-ing over drum beats and horns. The hook is subtle, but infectious. In regard to the musical career of Jennifer Lopez, this is a song youā€™d be lucky to stumble upon. Lucky for you, it opens my Top 20. You can thank me later.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #21 I'm Real

YeehawKylie

19. Letā€™s Get Loud

AI15_finale_Night2_JENNIFER_LOPEZ_PERFOR

A Gloria Estefan reject, and itā€™s obvious, but Letā€™s Get Loud presents Latin Pop (specifically Caribbean) in all its perfection. The horns, the sharp movements and beats, and Jennifer Lopez truly inhabiting the song. This is one of a few hit songs that Lopez herself did not write and was instead intended for another artist, but youā€™d almost never know because Lopez truly makes it her own.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #20 The Way It Is

YeehawKylie

18. On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)

giphy.gif

The biggest hit of her career, at least in terms of sales. The video has over 1 billion views, it hit #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 nearly a decade after many believed she had peaked in her singing career. While the song is far from her best, it is a strong club anthem and incredibly catchy. The production is sharp and exemplifies the time period of its release. It is incredible to see a 42 year old woman return to the music scene and dominate it, this song gave us just that.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #19 Let's Get Loud

YeehawKylie

17. All I Have

giphy.gif

A high-point on my least favorite Jennifer Lopez album, This Is Meā€¦Then. All I Have is a classic Lopez song with an airy chorus, infectious opening, and even I can forgive the feature. It is not her best single, but it gets credit for not relying on some of the cheesy clichĆ©s This Is Meā€¦Then typically relies on.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #18 On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)

Archived