💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Lady Gaga to reveal title of new album in September

Dawson

Featured Posts

BurqaSwag

I love hype!!!!!!!!!! But Hype ends bad

But Gaga doesn't need money, she's ALREADY rich

How does hype end bad?

And I agree she's rich but she needs money to tour so hopefully it won't flop super hard i meane it's gaga she's bound to make millions on whatever she puts out

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Introvert

• whiteboi1327

• MelbHawker

• Valentino

Squidward T

I love hype!!!!!!!!!! But Hype ends bad

But Gaga doesn't need money, she's ALREADY rich

This...TBH

How does hype end bad?

And I agree she's rich but she needs money to tour so hopefully it won't flop super hard i meane it's gaga she's bound to make millions on whatever she puts out

She already made back what she put into the BTWB

I'm just happy we got a release date. Now 2 months can easily go by while the last month will be full of anticipation. :excited2:

over-hype creates pessimism, annoyance, and fatigue therefore killing it.

"Over-hype" creates excitement, interest, and anticipation, therefore generating great initial sales.

I don't buy that whole theory that hype ruined BTW. It helped build momentum and the release was highly awaited. I'm sure hyping annoys more the fans than the general public. I mean, I can't imagine an average person suddenly getting all excited for a release of an album just because it's said to be "the album of the decade". Those who do get excited are probably just fans.

Fans expected way too much for the album with such little info, and so disappointment occurred.

I love hype idk why you guys are so anti hype. Hype is what makes the experience of waiting for the album amazing. It's like waiting for Christmas or your birthday. You know it's coming and you get some hints here and there about how epic it's going to be. That feeling of staying up to listen to an entire fresh album is unexplainable it's the best feeling ever. Pure joy and excitement is what it is and the hype only makes that moment so much more satisfactory.

OMG, yes! I'm so excited hype is about to begin. :cry:

Miracle

Ok, the hype wasn't the real reason of the btw flop singles (Judas and Marry The Night). Maybe hype, maybe the lyrics, maybe..dunno

David Ward

The Grammy deadline for submissions is September 30th this year, so she will most likely release the single before then.

:ohno: I hope so.

Introvert

I'm just happy we got a release date. Now 2 months can easily go by while the last month will be full of anticipation. :excited2:

"Over-hype" creates excitement, interest, and anticipation, therefore generating great initial sales.

I don't buy that whole theory that hype ruined BTW. It helped build momentum and the release was highly awaited. I'm sure hyping annoys more the fans than the general public. I mean, I can't imagine an average person suddenly getting all excited for a release of an album just because it's said to be "the album of the decade". Those who do get excited are probably just fans.

Fans expected way too much for the album with such little info, and so disappointment occurred.

Over-hype produces great initial sales and then a steep second week drop. Over-hype over-publicized the album itself. It wasnt just fans that were blatantly aware of the albums coming release, it was everyone that suffered Gaga fatigue. Its not necessarily regarding excitement, but that her dominance had become overwhelming at that point. I don't blame the hype as the sole reason the BTW era was arguably tainted, I believe it was a combination of hype, poor single choices, lack of accessibility, overly conceptual music videos, and what the general public believed to be Gaga's inflated ego. Her saying it was to be the album of the decade turned off casual listeners upon first listen to the finished product moreso than it did excite them :shrug:

*Side-note: I don't mean to come off like a pretentious douche but when I get to explaining my point of view I always end up writing an essay. Sorry!

Edited by lkjgdhs

Over-hype produces great initial sales and then a steep second week drop. Over-hype over-publicized the album itself. It wasnt just fans that were blatantly aware of the albums coming release, it was everyone that suffered Gaga fatigue.

The second week drop is true, but it's expected for such high number. By that time, however, news about great numbers have already broke out; the product is then known as a successful one in such a short amount of time. :yes:

Its not necessarily regarding excitement, but that her dominance had become overwhelming at that point.

I agree it might become overwhelming the intense promotion. But from a commercial view, there can't be too much promo. Plus, I don't think, "fatigue" automatically equals a lost customer.

I don't blame the hype as the sole reason the BTW era was arguably tainted, I believe it was a combination of hype, poor single choices, lack of accessibility, overly conceptual music videos, and what the general public believed to be Gaga's inflated ego.

That's what I'm trying to say. Hype wasn't that much responsible for BTW mishaps. I believe the choice of singles wasn't bad, but it was the music itself that didn't connect to the average listener. I'm not sure how much ego people see in Gaga, although I think she distanced herself attempting to bond more with fans.

Also, BTW wasn't a failure by any means. It might have two flop singles for the first time in the US, but it still sold well and three of those songs were very popular. Three hits for a single album is great. :)

Her saying it was to be the album of the decade turned off casual listeners upon first listen to the finished product moreso than it did excite them :shrug:

I don't think so. The average listener probably isn't that prejudging of a song. If they are not fans, they don't really listen to those kinds of things. It turned off casual listener because songs weren't as liked as her past two albums.

Edited by Summertime Sadness

Introvert

The second week drop is true, but it's expected for such high number. By that time, however, news about great numbers have already broke out; the product is then known as a successful one in such a short amount of time. :yes:

I agree it might become overwhelming the intense promotion. But from a commercial view, there can't be too much promo. Plus, I don't think, "fatigue" automatically equals a lost customer.

That's what I'm trying to say. Hype wasn't that much responsible for BTW mishaps. I believe the choice of singles wasn't bad, but it was the music itself that didn't connect to the average listener. I'm not sure how much ego people see in Gaga, although I think she distanced herself attempting to bond more with fans.

Also, BTW wasn't a failure by any means. It might have two flop singles for the first time in the US, but it still sold well and three of those songs were very popular. Three hits for a single album is great. :)

I don't think so. The average listener probably isn't that prejudging of a song. If they are not fans, they don't really listen to those kinds of things. It turned off casual listener because songs weren't as liked as her past two albums.

Well lets put it in perspective then. Overall despite relatively okay sales, this era has generally been a slump for her in comparison to the immense success that surrounded both The Fame and The Fame Monster. It was inevitable I suppose that she would eventually suffer a slump considering how popular she got in such a short timespan. But regardless, the waiting period between born this ways announcement and its actual release was just too excessive. She can't repeat that again or shes sure to falter.Honestly I think she needs to work on her accessibility this time around? Your fanbase is important but so are casual listeners. She needs to rope the majority back into her corner. Excessive hype for this album should just be a no no for her. Blegh...I swear like I know whats right for her career. BUT anyway I think she should release a single and then the album like a month or two later. Thats more reasonable to me than like releasing a single and then releasing the album like 5 months afterwards lol

Edited by lkjgdhs

Well lets put it in perspective then. Overall despite relatively okay sales, this era has generally been a slump for her in comparison to the immense success that surrounded both The Fame and The Fame Monster. It was inevitable I suppose that she would eventually suffer a slump considering how popular she got in such a short timespan. But regardless, the waiting period between born this ways announcement and its actual release was just too excessive. She can't repeat that again or shes sure to falter.Honestly I think she needs to work on her accessibility this time around? Your fanbase is important but so are casual listeners. She needs to rope the majority back into her corner. Excessive hype for this album should just be a no no for her. Blegh...I swear like I know whats right for her career.

OH and idk I think theres a lot of people that got annoyed of her popularity and find her to be pretentious. So when she says something like "this is the album of the decade" a lot of people are ready with their knives to pre-judge her. She like set herself up for some harsh criticism with that lol

I agree, she should please the public and not just fans if she wants to maintain the popularity she has.

Still, I'm not convinced hype really damaged Born This Way too much. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point. :)

Mariano

There were rumours that September will be very important this year right :?

Edited by m1ro0o