💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

'The Cure' hits #10 on UK Airplay!

Janet

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale
1 hour ago, Muscletank said:

This is DESPITE the fact that it isn't even playlisted on radio 1! To put this into perspective, Katy Perry's Bon Appetite is "A" listed on the playlist. BBC Radio 1 definitely  have a Gaga Boycott for whatever reason. If they won't play a song like The Cure, they're not going to play anything else she puts out. So this makes me even happier it is still a success.

How is it okay to boycott an artist? tumblr_inline_njbug9a9Yc1stb46q.gifCan we sue?

S0436

Imagine with a good video and a few tv performances...please don't waste this opportunity!

gagzus

I'm so glad we're stanning #10 on airplay, top 10 on iTunes she's bound to rise to top 10 in the next 2 weeks at this rate!

Lets finally focus on a skinny legendary country ladies

gagzus

Also for people complaining, Radio 1 only playlist songs based on 

1) what record labels are willing to pay them 

2) if the majority of ALL hosts like it along with their music panel 

plus whether you think so or not, Capital is more important anyway because they're an actual Top 40 station where as Radio 1 only has 2 slots a day where they play Top 40 music IF they want to

MrGagaFame
52 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Also for people complaining, Radio 1 only playlist songs based on 

1) what record labels are willing to pay them 

2) if the majority of ALL hosts like it along with their music panel 

plus whether you think so or not, Capital is more important anyway because they're an actual Top 40 station where as Radio 1 only has 2 slots a day where they play Top 40 music IF they want to

Well Radio 1 did used to be quite important for the charts, though looking at their playlist and looking at the iTunes top 100, I am starting to see how irrelevant they are. 

ANYWAY, I emailed the showbiz section of The Sun newspaper a couple of days ago, I complained about Gaga not being on the R1 playlist, as they have written in the past about R1 boycotting certain artists, due to ageism etc, and I got a reply! They said its 'outrageous' she has been snubbed, and are 'looking into it', which hopefully means it will get a article in the paper. 

When Madonna 'living for love' got an article about being snubbed by R1, there was a huge social media backlash against R1, so hopefully the same thing will happen with Gaga. :D

gagzus
7 minutes ago, MrGagaFame said:

Well Radio 1 did used to be quite important for the charts, though looking at their playlist and looking at the iTunes top 100, I am starting to see how irrelevant they are. 

ANYWAY, I emailed the showbiz section of The Sun newspaper a couple of days ago, I complained about Gaga not being on the R1 playlist, as they have written in the past about R1 boycotting certain artists, due to ageism etc, and I got a reply! They said its 'outrageous' she has been snubbed, and are 'looking into it', which hopefully means it will get a article in the paper. 

When Madonna 'living for love' got an article about being snubbed by R1, there was a huge social media backlash against R1, so hopefully the same thing will happen with Gaga. :D

In all fairness though Gaga is younger than Katy & Nicki and they both get airplay, Madonna's was different because Scott Mills outrightly said ageist comments about her on air when she was requested by a fan.

As I said it's more likely that their panelists and hosts don't like it as much, besides Capital is the more important one tbh

Harry
7 minutes ago, MrGagaFame said:

I hate The Sun but it would be great to see R1 get lashed for this wherever it comes from

Bolkins
3 hours ago, Muscletank said:

This is DESPITE the fact that it isn't even playlisted on radio 1! To put this into perspective, Katy Perry's Bon Appetite is "A" listed on the playlist. BBC Radio 1 definitely  have a Gaga Boycott for whatever reason. If they won't play a song like The Cure, they're not going to play anything else she puts out. So this makes me even happier it is still a success.

I've given up R1, they're like that friend we all that is so so sooo obsessed with being perceived as cool, its eye roll inducing. If Katy wasnt headlining the R1 Big Weekend this year than she too would be in their sin bin of artists. 

xoxo Craig

I have left the Cure on repeat on Spotify at home

I'm hoping that it will go top 5:rockstar:

Someone get on the phone to BBC R1:madge:

End Racism Now

MrGagaFame
3 hours ago, gagzus said:

In all fairness though Gaga is younger than Katy & Nicki and they both get airplay, Madonna's was different because Scott Mills outrightly said ageist comments about her on air when she was requested by a fan.

As I said it's more likely that their panelists and hosts don't like it as much, besides Capital is the more important one tbh

Well obviously in gaga's case I do not think it is ageism, if it was then we really would have a big problem because that would be absurd. 

I think it is as someone else said, R1 have this desperate need to be seen as 'cool' and 'hip' down with the kids etc. Its beyond embaressing for them now.

I presume they see Gaga as 'so 2009'. So do not play her anymore. Or it could be the case of 'The Cure' being too poppy, either way she can't win and it makes no sense at all. 

Its odd as she still definitely appeals to the 15-30 demographic they strive for, even younger infact, my niece's all under 10 love her! So Gaga still have a future fanbase in waiting, god knows what R1's problem is. 

Archived