Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Katy Posts Insensitive Instagram

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

Whispering
9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

And it is forever for all internet users to see

@JohnWayne23  you might wanna add this insta story capture on the OP for more context 

Ouch! This addition makes it pretty obvious that she completely disregards  the man on fire to brag about her outfit and lipstick getting attention. Not exactly "woke" of her, is it? 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Why is she putting on that creepy voice? Very strange of her to do that, it serves no purpose. The first time I watched the clip, I thought, wow, she's being narcissitic! But the second time, it does seem like she's doing a sarcastic commentary of our obsession for celebrity culture over the stuff that matters. However...

1. She says "Good morning to me" at the beginning, before the camera's even panned down to her photo. Why is she saying this before showing her photo? That suggests that she's saying: "There's a man on fire here, but who cares, guess what's below...me!"

2. Doesn't anyone think that she's dropping a subliminal piece of promo for an upcoming song by saying "Witness...the lipstick...matching"? Witness is supposed to be a song on the album. She puts a lot of emphasis on the word and puts a pause after it to let it sink in. She could have said "observe the lipstick matching" or "see the lipstick matching" or "look at the lipstick matching." But no, she went for "witness the lipstick matching." Coincidence or subliminal promo? You decide.

3. The little comedy "me!" sound at the end with a close-up of her face suggests this is her genuine attempt at goofball humour, nothing serious underlying it.

If she meant it to be a piece of sarcastic, dark humour commentary (and I wouldn't put it past her, her sense of humour always comes across badly), then she should have been more clear. She should have put on a sarcastic tone and added in something like: "So, what news is there to read in this big, scary world? Oh, do I see a pretty picture down here?" That would have made it more obvious. Her behaviour is getting so weird. It's like she's deliberately sabotaging herself right now.

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

People in here saying she is "pointing out the hypocrisy of media by elevating vapid celebrity-isms to the same level as the anguish of people under heavy attack" are clearly overestimating her intellectual capacity IMO.

She saw her picture on a major newspaper, wanted to share and didn't give a damn about what else was on the front page. And by that she made herself look like an ass. That's all.

I'm fully on board with this being a possibility. It's a well-known fact by now that everyone who gets a chance to be around Katy claims that she's more than a bit dim. You only need to watch any interview of her to see that. It's like hearing an excitable teenager. I remember the moment my granny saw her for the first time when she was being interviewed on tv and said: "She's a pain in the arse, isn't she?" :toofunny: Seriously, put on an interview of her and close your eyes. To hear her speak, you'd think she was a teenage valley girl, not a divorcee in her 30's. She once had to read out a mean tweet about her on Jimmy Kimmel and this tweeter was obviously a Brit, hence saying 'fit' to mean 'hot': "Katy Perry is the perfect example of fit but f**king annoying as f**k." :sharon:

1 hour ago, brownie said:

THIS. Her antics seem strangely...self-aware. I reeeeeally hope they are, cause if this whole act of hers recently ISN'T some kind of meta self-aware "Chained to the Rhythm"-esque attempt at celebrity social commentary, she's just extremely narcissistic. 

It's like she's doing her own 'decay of the blonde icon' idea! More stealing of ideas from AP!

58 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Ouch! This addition makes it pretty obvious that she completely disregards  the man on fire to brag about her outfit and lipstick getting attention. Not exactly "woke" of her, is it? 

It definitely could could the case but it's entirely possible that she meant it as social commentary. The more times you watch the video, you get the idea. But there was so many other things that go against that theory, as I explained before. But is Katy smart enough to attempt social commentary? Guaranteed if Gaga did this, there'd be pages of people defending her and pointing out how deep her message really is because we know Gaga has the smarts to do something like this. But Katy? Her attempts at social commentary have always been cheesy and cringey, so it's hard to believe she'd ever be capable of something this deep.

Dominic

She's being critical of the newspaper for putting something like matching lipstick on the front page.  It's sarcasm. C'mon people :sharon:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

tellemhone

What's up with her lately?

:air: :air: :air:

TheJoanneJoker

i think she's been getting high on crack before using her phone lately lol

TheCure

Setting policeman on fire is perfectly in line with her politics.  I don't see a problem (and clearly neither did she).

TheCure
On 5/4/2017 at 5:45 AM, Whispering said:

Burning cops is WOKE.

Sam Dey

katy just lives in her own bubble of fame

she doesn't care about other things 

Mary Jane Wayne

OH MY GOD WHO TOLD HER IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO POST THAT :toofunny:

666 others
On 2017-5-3 at 10:42 PM, judxs said:

Am I the only one that sees this as her mocking the newspaper for including something so petty (about her lipstick) on the front page, underneath something so serious? She's not being malicious...

While not a Katy fan, I agree with you on this.

:holyshit:

Archived