Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Lady Gaga top 10 in Australia with The Cure

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

TheCure
9 hours ago, sarahb said:

Oh nice, I wasnt sure about Melbourne :applause:

From what I hear Melbourne is a bigger live music market than Sydney.  i.e. usually more shows in Melbourne than Sydney.  True?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sarahb
11 minutes ago, TheCure said:

From what I hear Melbourne is a bigger live music market than Sydney.  i.e. usually more shows in Melbourne than Sydney.  True?

Yep I'd say so, artists do tend to do more shows in Melbourne than in Sydney. For example:
Lady Gaga - The Born This Way Ball: 4 shows in Sydney, 5 shows in Melbourne
Katy Perry - The Prismatic World Tour: 6 shows in Sydney, 8 shows in Melbourne
Pink - The Truth About Love Tour: 12 shows in Sydney, 18 shows in Melbourne

TheCure
4 minutes ago, sarahb said:

Yep I'd say so, artists do tend to do more shows in Melbourne than in Sydney. For example:
Lady Gaga - The Born This Way Ball: 4 shows in Sydney, 5 shows in Melbourne
Katy Perry - Prismatic World Tour: 6 shows in Sydney, 8 shows in Melbourne
Pink - Truth About Love Tour: 12 shows in Sydney, 18 shows in Melbourne

I don't think Pink or Katy Perry could do that many shows in a single city anywhere in America. 12-18 for Pink is crazy!  I have to say the ArtRave show I saw in Melbourne was awesome.  The audience was WILD.  I recall she cancelled her ARTPOP promo tour of Australia back then - I'm sure that affected ticket sales.  The BTWB had the advantage of the Monster Hall.

sarahb
1 minute ago, TheCure said:

I don't think Pink or Katy Perry could do that many shows in a single city anywhere in America. 12-18 for Pink is crazy!  I have to say the ArtRave show I saw in Melbourne was awesome.  The audience was WILD.  I recall she cancelled her ARTPOP promo tour of Australia back then - I'm sure that affected ticket sales.  The BTWB had the advantage of the Monster Hall.

Oh Pink is always insane for shows here, I was desperately trying over and over and over again for tickets in Brisbane but they always sold out instantly, so I eventually gave up and got tickets for Melbourne instead :sweat:
Katy did a whole pile of promo here before she started the Prismatic tour, so I'd say that really boosted her sales, we respond very well to promo here haha. 
Yeah Gaga was supposed to come here for promo but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to happen around the same time she was having management/depression issues so I'm guessing that's why it was cancelled. And I can personally vouch for Monster Hall giving the BTWB an advantage considering watching that is what convinced my mum and I to see her live in the first place :sweat:

sarahb
15 minutes ago, TheCure said:

I have to say the ArtRave show I saw in Melbourne was awesome.  The audience was WILD. 

The promotion for ArtRave here was pretty tragic, so it was probably full of a lot of hardcore fans :music:Then again people in Melbourne just might be more into live music in general. 

TheCure
Just now, sarahb said:

The promotion for ArtRave here was pretty tragic, so it was probably full of a lot of hardcore fans :music:Then again people in Melbourne just might be more into live music in general. 

Yeah probably a bit of both.  She sang Brooklyn Nights unexpectedly and they went crazy.

sarahb
Just now, TheCure said:

Yeah probably a bit of both.  She sang Brooklyn Nights unexpectedly and they went crazy.

Oh I forgot she sang Brooklyn Nights there. Must've been awesome to hear it live. Melbourne was also where she first debuted Princess Die. 
Damn I should go to Melbourne for Gaga shows haha. 

TheCure

I'm going to Las Vegas for the JWT.  Not really happy about it as the audiences there are reliably terrible.  Half the audience is there just because it's someone famous to see, not because they're fans.  But it's the only place I could get GA tickets for.  I'm hoping more become available in Los Angeles.

58 minutes ago, TheCure said:

There's usually more shows in Melbourne, but I think that's because the main arena used for concerts in Melbourne is a bit smaller then the one used in Sydney. Just my theory! Heh

Archived