YAS USA LET'S GO!!!

50 (-1) Katy Perry - Bon Appétit (feat. Migos) 0.0961

K3sHDG8.gif

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie
Just now, IAmDavid said:

It's not like PI was experimental.It was just poorly produced (the vocals) and the video was low-budget and badly directed.Still flopped. It's her job to make a good lead single and she didn't.

Perfect Illusion was a great song and the video wasn't low-budget or badly directed. It's easily one of her best singles, it just wasn't promoted enough or given a chance. I mean, have we even had a live performance of it aside from bars? :neyde:

SlayGagaloo

Remixes sound cheap most of the time tbh 

But sometimes it could be a huge success like I Took A Pill In Ibiza (7th most streamed song of all time). :gum:  

Over.

moonsago
2 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

It's not like PI was experimental.It was just poorly produced (the vocals) and the video was low-budget and badly directed.Still flopped. It's her job to make a good lead single and she didn't.

whatttttt??? byeeee justice for PI one of her best songsssssssss

SergenGokdag

its so sad for MR it took 4 months to hit 18M ai 

and 

The Cure hit 18M ai within 2 weeks.

Diamond Heart 💎

SergenGokdag
Just now, moonsago said:

whatttttt??? byeeee justice for PI one of her best songsssssssss

agree PI one of her best songssssssssssss

Diamond Heart 💎

Brie Candy
Just now, SergenGokdag said:

and 

MR was the sis that opened the doors to TC 

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Perfect Illusion was a great song and the video wasn't low-budget or badly directed. It's easily one of her best singles, it just wasn't promoted enough or given a chance. I mean, have we even had a live performance of it aside from bars? :neyde:

It wasn't given a chance? It got pretty big airplay in the first week and it got a lot of attention because it's a Gaga lead single (also promotion on spotify and iTunes). You can like the song,but if the GP liked it it would have been a hit .Lack of promotion was not the problem with PI

YeehawKylie
Just now, SergenGokdag said:

and 

Fake news. MR hit 18M ai in a day, not unlike Perfect Illusion and G.U.Y. It's easy for Gaga to get a hit. 

Neto Schultz

Perfect Illusion is kinda a hit here in Brazil, i don't know why it flopped so hard worldwide

Brie Candy

I love perfect illusion btw, thats why i really want dat Gold certified for this adrenaline queen! xoxo

KingOfSpain

I wish we had charts (or any other music indicator) for each state of the US. Where do you think Gaga does better? I mean, according to demographics and sociology stats, I'm sure she is more successful in New York state, California or Michigan than she is in Idaho or the Dakotas, but I would like to know.

s9MNn8z.gif

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

WildAmerican
1 hour ago, OBEY said:

Ready for a Bon Appétit performance at the BBMAs

That song is gonna be so tragic live I'm already :emma:

YeehawKylie
Just now, IAmDavid said:

It wasn't given a chance? It got pretty big airplay in the first week and it got a lot of attention because it's a Gaga lead single (also promotion on spotify and iTunes). You can like the song,but if the GP liked it it would have been a hit now.Lack of promotion was not the problem with PI

I don't know why I said given a chance. :neyde: 

It was given a chance. I more meant by Gaga and her team. Yea it had a radio deal, but it got dumped on playlists and radio after a week after fairly solid first week sales. CTTR had similar sales and got much more radio-love and exposure on Spotify. 

And, I do think television performances would have helped the song. It sold a fair amount Superbowl weekend just by its use in the promo videos for her halftime show. 

shame
1 hour ago, moonsago said:

Ok so when do ya'll think Katy and Tony's jazz album is dropping?

She's probably gonna go back to Christian rock :poot:

angels forever, forever angels

• Admin locked this topic

Archived