💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

JohnWayne23
2 minutes ago, emig09 said:

We need the lyric video. To add some points!

i like that idea!

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes but she's headlining Big Weekend next month, so there's your answer. So I imagine they'll keep BA going until that's over with. But you know if Gaga released a song that performed this badly so quickly, R1 would probably drop it literally first/second week.

Oh, right. I guess they might keep up support around Glasto as well, then (I can only imagine how Katy's no doubt off-key singing will go down there, seeing how she's yet to do one servicable performance of CTTR). And yep, Gaga would be dropped asap if she put out a new song that was doing so badly. Radio here just doesn't give Gaga a chance anymore. But streaming is ensuring that the public starts running the show a bit more and radio's going to have to eventually get with it. I can't wait for the day when radio airplay has little to no impact on what songs do well on the charts. I'm shocked anyone still puts stock in it. In my 27 years, I have never listened to the radio religiously and rarely have I ever heard a song on the radio that I didn't already know existed. To think that even today, radio in the US really can educate its citizens on new music just blows my mind.

VforVendetta
1 minute ago, Americano said:

The Cure isn't groundbreaking. But it's a much-needed reminder to the industry that no one does classic pop jams better than Lady Gaga. To say artists like Chainsmokers or Ariana could write it is insulting-- 'Closer' and 'Paris' don't even make sense lyrically. Being able to nail pure pop is what made her famous. /end.

I agree, but her music, from TF to Joanne has always sounded unique in the first listen, something that TC imo doesn't have.

Anyway it's just a song, I have never been a drama queen or anything. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride like everyone else.

VforVendetta
4 minutes ago, Americano said:

Boys Boys Boys, Speechless, Telephone, etc. all say hello. I agree that a lot of her biggest hits have really standout Gaga moments (Bad Romance's references are incredible), but not all of her songs do.

Yes, some of TF tracks and Telephone do have that ''generic'' vibe, that's a common discussion in this fanbase, as a very old stan you know it very well yourself.

Americano
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Oh, right. I guess they might keep up support around Glasto as well, then (I can only imagine how Katy's no doubt off-key singing will go down there, seeing how she's yet to do one servicable performance of CTTR). And yep, Gaga would be dropped asap if she put out a new song that was doing so badly. Radio here just doesn't give Gaga a chance anymore. But streaming is ensuring that the public starts running the show a bit more and radio's going to have to eventually get with it. I can't wait for the day when radio airplay has little to no impact on what songs do well on the charts. I'm shocked anyone still puts stock in it. In my 27 years, I have never listened to the radio religiously and rarely have I ever heard a song on the radio that I didn't already know existed. To think that even today, radio in the US really can educate its citizens on new music just blows my mind.

Capital FM and Heart radio are spinning TC decently though. It's really just Radio 1 hates her.

I know people think she should still promote to them for the sake of them being a major station, but her tours do so well there anyway. I honestly wouldn't be bothered if she never visited or acknowledged them again.

ArtGagaPop
1 minute ago, Americano said:

I hope they remove the audio immediately when the video comes out. I don't want the views split. But judging by her past releases, it'll stay up. 

even if they don't remove the audio it will hopefully don't have more then 10-20M views by the time video comes so the video will pass it in a matter of days anyways in views. As long as the video is as long as the song i don't think we have to worry about view spliting again. Applause didn't have that problem and neither did PI. It was just that when mr video come it's audio already had like 40M views so that was always the top search spliting the views 

Americano

Some stations are slower to pick up Gaga (a la KIIS LA), but for them there's usually some evidence as to why. Like KIIS has a history of waiting for call out scores before really picking up a new single.

Radio 1 has, for no reason, consistently snubbed Gaga. It doesn't matter how much she's selling, what other stations are doing, or whatever. You name it. They just won't get behind her. After a decade in the industry, she shouldn't be kissing anyone's feet begging for spins. If they don't want to support her, so be it. Other stations will (Z100 says hello) and they'll make plenty of advertising money doing it.

Americano
2 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

is the radio 2 A-playlist for the cure in rotation yet or does it come tomorrow?

Tomorrow.

Americano
Just now, Americano said:

MR back in the Top 20 in Brazil. :air: 

And Top 30 in Canada. :air: 

LittleMichael

Someone should explain me a thing...

There's a sort of routine in this thread

European/Asian people upload Spotify/radio

gretchen-divando-gloss.gif

We generally love the updates and we say positive things

gif_gretchen.gif

Americans wake up

tumblr_inline_oldouug5Qc1t6jjha_500.gif

They see the updates and they have always something to say

gh2.gif

Someone says something negative

sSqAwWL.gif

Americans continue to meltdown until they go to bed

2IaFCzR.gif

European/Asian people wake up

pvPonv9.gif

European/Asian people upload Spotify/radio

gretchen-divando-gloss.gif

It's a circle... WE HAVE TO STOP IT! :grr:

Americano
1 minute ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

49. The Cure 

Is this dropping because of the weekend?

Not sure, because other new songs like Ed's single are not falling so hard. :air: 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived