Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

Bloody

Hi curers.

8uvco25.gif

This day was so exhausting, but reading these pages was a blast.

the new placement on TTH :applause:

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Oh, right. I guess they might keep up support around Glasto as well, then (I can only imagine how Katy's no doubt off-key singing will go down there, seeing how she's yet to do one servicable performance of CTTR). And yep, Gaga would be dropped asap if she put out a new song that was doing so badly. Radio here just doesn't give Gaga a chance anymore. But streaming is ensuring that the public starts running the show a bit more and radio's going to have to eventually get with it. I can't wait for the day when radio airplay has little to no impact on what songs do well on the charts. I'm shocked anyone still puts stock in it. In my 27 years, I have never listened to the radio religiously and rarely have I ever heard a song on the radio that I didn't already know existed. To think that even today, radio in the US really can educate its citizens on new music just blows my mind.

Possibly but I doubt it. BBC cover the hell out of Glasto but it's not their festival like Big Weekend, so they have more of a motive to "big up" the artists on the line-up, so to speak. To be fair, Gaga benefited from the same thing when she did it back in 2011.

Americano
1 minute ago, Bloody said:

Hi curers.

8uvco25.gif

This day was so exhausting, but reading these pages was a blast.

the new placement on TTH :applause:

And the spins :lolly:

viniferrett
6 minutes ago, Americano said:

I agree. I also think all of the stan wars aside, if she takes time to reset, figure out what's going on with her management, and go back to her core sound she'll be able to roar back onto radio. It's not like her career is over or that she's done irreparable damage, it's just.. Very bizarre what's happening. I have to wonder what Gaga thinks of it, since she's always in tune with what's happening in the pop world.

yeah, I don't think gaga cares that much about katy tbh, but I also wonder lol 

Americano
Just now, Harry said:

Possibly but I doubt it. BBC cover the hell out of Glasto but it's not their festival like Big Weekend, so they have more of a motive to "big up" the artists on the line-up, so to speak. To be fair, Gaga benefited from the same thing when she did it back in 2011.

Remember when MTN entered the Top 10 of UK iKoons for literally 5 minutes. Good times.

Doncho
31 minutes ago, junolxf said:

It's crazy to think that since 2013 Gaga has only given us 5 music videos. 5 music videos in 4-5 years. The audacity. 

The same amount she gave us in 2011 ALONE :giveup:

John Slayne
9 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

I think the problem with The Cure is that it's a little bit of everything yet nothing at the same time. It lacks smart or iconic lyrics (The Queen, Poker Face), hypnotic hooks (LoveGame, Bad Romance), a deep meaning (Marry The Night, Born This Way), a fun vibe (Just Dance, A-Yo), and a great and unique production/instrumental (Do What U Want, Alejandro) but tries its best anyway.

Would all this make it generic and forgettable? Yes.

Is it a bad song tho? We can argue on that, but mostly yes (in my opinion).

Will we still stream the **** out of it? I hope so :poot:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't come at me :ph34r:

I lowkey agree tbh, it's a fun bop but nothing iconic and it sounds generic as fvck... I'll give her pass for this one tho because it's still a nice song and she released Joanne last year which was very experimental

Americano
Just now, viniferrett said:

yeah, I don't think gaga cares that much about katy tbh, but I also wonder lol 

Yup. Whenever things like this happen I just imagine Gaga in her LA mansion on her Mac being like

-Googles "pop stars better than gaga"-

-Googles 'kworb gaga dark green'-

-Googles 'Gaga competition'

'-clicks play on Katy Perry viral video on Buzzfeed-

rbmtt1.jpg

GagaStan95

I wish radios could have not spun her this much in Italy at least I could have something to blame for the underperformance on iTunes LMAO.

Fact: Million Reasons was #18 on iTunes with 2000 spins.

The Cure has 2K, discounted and it's a "lead single" and is #60.

TALENT ONLY

ArtGagaPop
Just now, Doncho said:

atleast she made 3 this past year, more then from ARTPOP and we are 99% getting one for the cure, so 4 1 year is decent. 

South Blonde
17 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I actually kind of agree with this. I hope this becomes a hit for Gaga and I'll support it, but on my personal fave list it's not within the Top 20 for aforementioned reasons. At least it's not Dancin' in Circles kind of awful :ph34r:

I was about to give it a like, then I read the last sentence... :madge:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

Americano
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

I only recall 4 videos that year.

:poot:

Americano
1 minute ago, GagaStan95 said:

I wish radios could have not spun her this much in Italy at least I could have something to blame for the underperformance on iTunes LMAO.

Fact: Million Reasons was #18 on iTunes with 2000 spins.

The Cure has 2K, discounted and it's a "lead single" and is #60.

TALENT ONLY

Her spins on big stations really aren't that great though.

Doncho
Just now, Americano said:

I only recall 4 videos that year.

:poot:

Yeah, 4 GREAT videos + 1 extra :gaycat:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived