Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

Johncayse
2 minutes ago, shoful said:

I don't know hahaha. Maybe cause I hate Million Reasons I never knew. But seriously I am shook

So you will have a heart atack when you see Million Grammys stealing some prices next year :laughga:

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pdaines
33 minutes ago, Naufri said:

We have any proof that iTunes position is already so relevant for radios? I'm starting to think that now is only one of the factors they consider, and probably not the most relevant one.

It's pretty relevant. I graphed MR radio airplay gains against iTunes positions, and there is a pretty big dropoff after it went off sale. 

ARTGOD
10 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

when you think Gaga is above The Cure, when she sang "it wasn't love" to the point of repetiotion on Perfect Illusion, or creating Just Another Day. or making Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE, then yes you're bigging her up past the point of reason. everything she releases doesnt have to rival Bohemian Rhapsody. 

the facts remain that this is perfectly in her range, not above or below, and you can catch that tea :whitney:

She's not above pop music, the fact that she manages to mix the fun, adrenaline, catchiness and straightforwardness of pop music with other genres, structures and influences is what makes her great, I'm not asking her to be experimental, avant garde, serious, or for every song to be a 7 minute magnum opus, my favorite album is ARTPOP :sweat: for crying out loud, I'm jus expecting pop music with personality, identity, some edge, something all of the songs you mentioned have.

PI has adrenaline, a lot of emotion, amazing vocals and fun disco-rock influences, Just Anoter Day is a fun Beatles inspired feel good track, Sexxx Dreams has amazing intricate production, an interesting theme and great switch up in the chorus, MANiCURE is powerful, fun, has great lyrics and a good electro rock vibe.

See? Pop music can be more than whispery vocals over a recycled pop beat, she's continued to make the best pop music there is for almost ten years, always fun, always against the tide, always with something unexpected, always a extremely well crafted, always full of personality and uniquely Gaga, something The Cure severely lacks in every way, that's why I think it's easily her worst song ever, and the fact that some LMs LIVE for the song and discredit what she's been doing since 2011 makes me very angry. 

I feel like some people are settling for anything remotely radio friendly just because it might grant Gaga a hit and because it feels "like pop Gaga has come back".

But i'll shut up about it or y'all will give me another WP :lolly:.

shoful
Just now, Johncayse said:

So you will have a heart atack when you see Million Grammys stole some prices next year :laughga:

Hahaha maybe. But at least she'll get more Grammys :staymad:

But honestly. I had no Idea. I am still in shock hahaha

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

pdaines
10 minutes ago, shoful said:

MILLION REASONS WAS #4 IN THE US? :what:

Yes. Specifically, the week after the Superbowl. After Superbowl wore off, it had a real radio-driven Hot 100 peak of #29. 

Naufri
4 minutes ago, pdaines said:

It's pretty relevant. I graphed MR radio airplay gains against iTunes positions, and there is a pretty big dropoff after it went off sale. 

1: MR topped iTunes charts 3 times Before SB and radios didn't spin it, or add it. Even after the SB Kiis was still reluctant and MR was selling better than ever.

2: HAC stations keeps playing it now that its sales are very poor, keeps reaching peaks on HAC radios, and even Z100 spin it more than TC some days.

Monsterious
Just now, pdaines said:

Yes. Specifically, the week after the Superbowl. After Superbowl wore off, it had a real radio-driven Hot 100 peak of #29. 

Nope, it was actually at #18

if u are here to spread your negativity u can leave.

Dutch

#11 The Netherlands (30 May 2017):

iTunes:
#148 The Cure (+)

Spotify:
#108 The Cure (+17)

Apple Music:
#40 The Cure (= (stable since it release))

Tip Parade (extension of the official Top 40):
#24 The Cure (+6)

Q-Music Spins:
8:40 The Cure
21:16 The Cure

Q-Music didn't spin The Cure so much last week, since they had a Top 500 of the 10's. Their playlist was almost full with the top 500, so they only played The Cure in the morning or late evening. That's why it disappeared on the Dutch iTunes charts, it had no radio exposure. But Q-Music is spinning it again and so it's rising on iTunes again. So I think this week the song will be in the top 50 of iTunes if Q-Music keeps spinning it. And I'm sure they will, since they always mention how many requests they get for The Cure. It's really doing great on Spotify tho, I didn't expect this to happen, because it didn't happen with Million Reasons. It might look tragic, her # isn't really high compared to other countries, but she really is getting a lot of streams from the Netherlands if you compare it to those countries. And we are a small country, so that makes it more impressive in my opinion. And the generation that is using Spotify didn't even know or care for Gaga, so this is really promising for The Cure. Also the fact that it's stable on Apple Music since it was released, is a good sign. Let's hope other Dutch radio stations will spin the song this time, but having Q-Music on our side from the start this time (it took some time before they were spinning Million Reasons), is a blessing. I know it might not look really nice to you, but let's see where the song is really doing great after some week. 

bloody g
3 minutes ago, pdaines said:

All wrong

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Dutch
21 minutes ago, JonathanHolland1 said:

She's growing on spotify tho, hopefully it will enter top 100 tomorrow. 

Hide contents

Also: I expect you to stream it all day long :oprah:

Hide contents

Seriously, the difference in spotify numbers are really small in NL, so streaming it all day does have some impact :gaycat:

Yeah, it's great she is still increasing!

Spoiler

I noticed the small gap between the songs!

Spoiler

So I'm trying to stream it as much as I can.

viniferrett
4 minutes ago, pdaines said:

giphy.gif 

DeanWinchester
20 minutes ago, Gagamel said:

Updatessssssssss?

I dont have any sorry

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
14 minutes ago, shoful said:

MILLION REASONS WAS #4 IN THE US? :what:

Where have you been, shoful? Imagine if monsters actually supported Gags maybe we could have secured a second week inside the top 10

:ladyhaha:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Admin locked this topic

Archived