Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Over-performed songs?

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Million Reasons, Bad Romance, Poker Face, and Just Dance

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
13 minutes ago, Killa said:

Just Dance is top one, and i dont like what they've done with the song. It's honestly cancelled

Then surely bad romance, but it sometimes still shines through. Poker face also became stale as the waters in my area (it's a swamp)

What do you mean about Just Dance? What have they done to the song?

Noir

Poker Face, Just Dance, Born This Way, Telephone, Ayo

Just Dance and Poker Face. I'd be fine if she performed them on your but just did a quick medley. 

Shaney

bad romance and poker face... i feel like she feels like she has to close her shows with bad romance. unless she actually wants to.. idk. 

ThomastheMonster
2 hours ago, QueenGaga said:

Million Reasons :poot:

I'm so surprised you were the first one to say this

gagzus

You & I, personally it's her only single I can't stand. I hope if she's using it on the JWT she replaces it when she's in Europe with Alejandro instead 

romonster

How this thread is filled with Bad Romance and Poker Face, the signature songs of her career, is beyond me.

She didn't perform Poker Face for nearly 3 years before the Super Bowl, since she spent that entire time performing jazz or TIHTY. Bad Romance got a few acoustic performances in 2016 before the Super Bowl but she hadn't performed the studio version since 2014.

If anything there was a huge lack of performances of her pop music lately. 

StrawberryBlond

From a personal standpoint, Just Dance and Telephone. Those songs are taking the place of better hits that she doesn't play enough, like The Edge Of Glory! JD is almost 10 years old now and I've never been all that into it. She never seems to play a new version of it to make up for how old it is, which makes it sound even more dated. And Telephone, again, I've never been keen on it and even though the song is basically solo and I'm not a Beyonce fan, I think if she's not performing the song with her, there's no point in it because it was collabing with her that partly made the song so big, so memorable and so loved by fans and the public. People always wait in nervous anticipation to see if Beyonce will show up every time, she never does and then they're left disappointed. I also think Gaga needs to quit doing this song on tour because the extremely gruelling squatting choreography could have been a big factor in her hip breakage. If she's doing that routine every second night on tour (and by extension, everyday, if you count multiple rehearsals), she's going to do herself long-term damage. And if she really must continue to sing the song, she has to just miss out the dancing - that's what backing dancers are for. Yes, I know Gaga wants to be an all-singing, all-dancing kind of artist while she's physically capable, but in terms of gruelling dancing like this, sometimes, it's best to leave it to the professionals. Doing it at the SB was epic and if she ever gets Beyonce with her, do it then, but other than that, it's best to put that Telephone choreo to bed for her personally.

I understand why some people say Y&I because she did promote it a lot, has sung it from late TMB era onwards and the song's topic is ancient history now (who would have thought that in just over 4 years she was going to be engaged to a different guy?) but this song is a masterpiece to me and will never get old in my mind. Get ready for hearing it again at the Joanne tour because it fits the era's aethesetic perfectly! And those of you saying Million Reasons...you do realise that she's performed it a lot because she was promoting it, right? It was her current single, that's what you do with current singles! I don't see you complaining when she did the same for previous songs! She's not a streaming force, so how do you expect her songs to sell if she doesn't promote them?

JustAnotherDay

The slander of her best song (Yoü and I) in this thread is disgusting 

was NickARTPOP

Archived