đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why would The Cure be a buzz single?

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

shane_c

I think its to have something out while she's shooting the movie, and to promote her brand as pop for the tour instead of country which is what Joanne may make it seem to some people.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I think there are multiple possibilities, or even multiple:

1. Artists these days often drop random singles as self promo, which aren't off their album, just to stay on the scene. It could just be a random song she wanted to write and put out there to catch those audiences who are into the current pop music trends. The song almost seems pandering to what is current. Maybe she just had the urge to write this song and put it out and said 'screw it' to the conventional album promo methods. Everything cross-promos these days anyway in the digital age. People search The Cure and end up finding Joanne (and her whole discography).

2. And related to this, it's just extra 'Gaga promo'. She has multiple projects in the works at the moment. It Could just be an experimental/unconventional form of self-promo to get people talking and thinking about her and everything she's doing. Her movie, her tour, they will probably be opening up another international leg of the tour soon, her latest album (buy Million Reasons on iTunes)

3. There is another album coming. But this doesn't seem likely. I really didn't see her abandoning the Joanne era this early, especially before the tour... but it's a possibility... 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived