rumor

Joanne Wasn't The Original Album

Debithius

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer

Yeah, I agree. She hired Mark Ronson just around the time that the Interscope bigwigs were in talks with NFL about the Super Bowl. I think it's pretty obvious she created 'Joanne' with the Super Bowl in mind. She was putting her music on a platform for 120 million Americans, so it makes sense that her album is geared towards one of America's greatest musical achievements, which is the country music genre.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Super Bowl completely changed the direction of the album. It was probably going to be much more pop before Ronson got involved. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumoured EP resembles the 'original LG5'.

However I highly doubt that she made 'a tropical house' album. She is too creative to limit herself that much.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

If that happens to be true. Then I assume she scrapped it around Bowie's death and decided to make a more intimate album. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yeah, I agree. She hired Mark Ronson just around the time that the Interscope bigwigs were in talks with NFL about the Super Bowl. I think it's pretty obvious she created 'Joanne' with the Super Bowl in mind. She was putting her music on a platform for 120 million Americans, so it makes sense that her album is geared towards one of America's greatest musical achievements, which is the country music genre.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Super Bowl completely changed the direction of the album. It was probably going to be much more pop before Ronson got involved. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumoured EP resembles the 'original LG5'.

However I highly doubt that she made 'a tropical house' album. She is too creative to limit herself that much.

This argument has always confused me. If joanne was created in an attempt to land the half time show, why did she only perform 1 joanne song? 

I'm sure the NFL was there for every song chosen, every Choreo routine and the stage, so if joanne is what landed her the show, why didn't they push her to perform more songs from it? 

Boyboi12
3 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

This argument has always confused me. If joanne was created in an attempt to land the half time show, why did she only perform 1 joanne song? 

I'm sure the NFL was there for every song chosen, every Choreo routine and the stage, so if joanne is what landed her the show, why didn't they push her to perform more songs from it? 

The super bowl performance had nothing to do with Joanne! She just wanted to shift  directions, it happens all the time. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Boyboi12 said:

The super bowl performance had nothing to do with Joanne! She just wanted to shift  directions, it happens all the time. 

See that's what I thought but everyone on here says she got the superbowl because of joanne

blackstar
32 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

So, Debithius...who do you think will win the 2008 US Presidential Election? :oprah:

Have your heard of that new singer Lady Ga Ga? Such a silly name. Her latest single Just Dance is my jam. :diane:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

xoxo Craig
16 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

because she released it

Exactly

End Racism Now

Boyboi12
4 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

See that's what I thought but everyone on here says she got the superbowl because of joanne

Its all speculation, truth be told us monsters know ****! :gaysia:

melon

my theory: Gags got to the production stage of a few songs on LG5 and then decided she wanted to change direction, explore something a bit more personal to her and then revisit the LG5 songs and produce them later

Interscope are happy because Joanne tones down Gaga's crazy image, helps to land her the Superbowl and reminds the public about her, also MR heals the radio rift, paving the way for the original pop LG5 to smash and avoid another ARTPOP situation in the media :whitney:

heauxmatica

Slayer
3 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I don't think 'Joanne' was created to convince NFL, because I think she probably knew she had it in the bag. I think she made 'Joanne' country-tinged pop because it would appeal to the audience. She didn't need to promote 'Joanne' in the Super Bowl show because people will go and search for her music by themselves. The middle-aged, Middle America people watching the show are more inclined to buy her album if it sounds like something they would enjoy, as opposed to tropical house pop on the radio. And the proof is in the sales. There was a huge increase of 1000% in 'Joanne' sales after the Super Bowl and it shot to #2 on the Billboard album chart.

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Slayer said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I don't think 'Joanne' was created to convince NFL, because I think she probably knew she had it in the bag. I think she made 'Joanne' country-tinged pop because it would appeal to the audience. She didn't need to promote 'Joanne' in the Super Bowl show because people will go and search for her music by themselves. The middle-aged, Middle America people watching the show are more inclined to buy her album if it sounds like something they would enjoy, as opposed to tropical house pop on the radio. And the proof is in the sales. There was a huge increase of 1000% in 'Joanne' sales after the Super Bowl and it shot to #2 on the Billboard album chart.

That does make sense. 

I just don't know why she would pander to that audience when it isn't her target audience, ya know, the ones who've been with her since day one. 

Queen of pandering to straights during TF/M
Queen of pandering to gays during BTW

Queen of pandering to.. ?? During AP
Queen of pandering to medicaid during C2C

Queen of pandering to football fans during J
Queen of pandering to Australia during TC

Only our queen! :tony:

She's an enigma wrapped in a riddle and deep fried

Slayer
18 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

22 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

To me, the whole country sound and aesthetic of 'Joanne' came from out of nowhere. She has always spoken about how much she loves Bruce Springsteen, Carole King, heavy metal bands, John Lennon, jazz classics, even Britney Spears... but when has she ever in her entire career talked about country music? And yet she goes ahead and makes a whole album that is heavily country-inspired and wears cowboy hats and rides on horses in a music video. It makes no sense. There has to be a reasonable explanation why she suddenly showed an interest in this genre... and for me, it clicked after the Super Bowl.  

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Slayer said:

To me, the whole country sound and aesthetic of 'Joanne' came from out of nowhere. She has always spoken about how much she loves Bruce Springsteen, Carole King, heavy metal bands, John Lennon, jazz classics, even Britney Spears... but when has she ever in her entire career talked about country music? And yet she goes ahead and makes a whole album that is heavily country-inspired and wears cowboy hats and rides on horses in a music video. It makes no sense. There has to be a reasonable explanation why she suddenly showed an interest in this genre... and for me, it clicked after the Super Bowl.  

Oh god.

Inb4 all the little joanne isn't countrysters come for your life :gum:

I agree, joanne does have its heavy country influences, and it was the absolute most random genre for her to explore. Hopefully it's out of her system 

Slayer
5 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

That does make sense. 

I just don't know why she would pander to that audience when it isn't her target audience, ya know, the ones who've been with her since day one. 

Queen of pandering to straights during TF/M
Queen of pandering to gays during BTW

Queen of pandering to.. ?? During AP
Queen of pandering to medicaid during C2C

Queen of pandering to football fans during J
Queen of pandering to Australia during TC

Only our queen! :tony:

She's an enigma wrapped in a riddle and deep fried

The same could be said for the C2C era. Why pander to medicaid geriatrics? It was such a weird move. But I think she is just trying to widen her fan base in general. She probably sees that she has a limited lifespan as a pop star. She needs people to see her as more than the silly girl who wears a meat dress and sings 'Poker Face'. I think that's why her last two albums have been a complete detour.

Archived