46 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Working with the rat Terry Richardson

cant disagree

LW668.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Singing along to a backing track is not lipsynching. Most pop singers and anyone who isn't a completely acoustic artist will use backing tracks when live, particularly if they're doing intense choreography and have to move around the stage. Trying to push yourself into doing 2 things at the highest level every other night on tour is very taxing on the voice and body, so it makes sense. A lot of these songs also have 2 Gaga voices on the studio version - one singing a line, immediately followed by her voice singing the little add on bit, like the final bridge in Alejandro, for example. Backing tracks are used to cover for these songs when performing live as you can't sing those lines all on your own. Or, the song can involve the singer just hitting a high note in the final chorus while a recording of their voice sings the chorus in the background, while they shout out a random word from the chorus. Gaga does this in the outro of BTW - she just sings "I was born this way, hey!" while the recording of her voice sings "I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way, hey," through it. Lots of pop songs do this, so backing tracks are required for live singing.

Gaga is singing live, just over a loud backing track, and using it to be background noise when she hits a high note. Lipsynching is when the singer's mic is actually switched off, meaning no sound can come through it whatsoever and the singer is silently mouthing the words. This is why, when lipsynchers are caught out due to technical difficulties, most of them stop completely or clumsily carry on. If Gaga's sound cut out, she'd keep on singing live completely on her own, we know that. I've seen these videos before and I honestly wondered if they'd been doctored, perhaps by the creator ripping live audio from somewhere else and pasting it over images of Gaga singing live elsewhere because a lot of these moments just look so mis-matched. I've been to see Gaga live 4 times now and at one of the artRave dates, I was literally right underneath her and can confirm that she never lipsynched. Her voice came out differently from the studio versions (in a good way), she could quickly start speaking into her mic out of the blue and switch back to singing in a split second (lipsynchers never do this as their mic is turned off the whole time) and her voice came through with a raw intensity that cannot be replicated in person, even when lipping to 'live' recordings. It's clear that the maker of these videos has never been to her shows because they'd know what the truth is if they had.

As for Gaga's shady moments, it's hard to find any truly unacceptable ones because Gaga only shades people who deserve it. She only responds if they start throwing it. Though, perhaps one of her pettiest moments was when Calvin Harris talked about her on BBC Breakfast back in 2012 and said that he'd declined working with her back in the day, before she was famous because he wasn't overly keen on her songs or voice. You know, that's his opinion. But Gaga responded on Twitter with "never even emailed you calvinharris, I guess it's hard to believe I write + produce my own music cuz I'm a woman I don't know about EDM, right?" Ok, I guess Calvin's admission that he didn't like her songs or voice was pretty rich considering he makes really generic songs and has a habit of working with artists who aren't famed for their vocal ability, but I think Gaga should maybe have just written it off as his opinion and left it at that.

17 hours ago, Misaki said:

See, even when she's being shady, she's still so classy. Almost everyone who comes for her deserves it. Azealia, Die Antwoord, Madonna especially. Unacceptable shade to me is when someone puts someone down for no reason at all, just to be mean. Being shady is usually about putting forward a negative, subjective opinion of someone. If you're just telling the truth about someone or keeping their attitude in check, it's just that, not shade.

gaga_148290.jpg

this was beyond shady.

Back to the OP - she doesn't lip sync :huh: she uses the background vocals of the tracks, the ellen performance was live, you can hear her and her breathing. the rest of the videos are tour videos (also live singing) most of which from the same user which don't have proper recording microphones so they aren't picking up her voice compared to what professional recording equipment would. Most of the videos are from artRAVE and from someone who seen that tour live 3 times, trust me, she sang during every song. 

metalguru
13 hours ago, xoxo cupcakke said:

Not gonna lie, the whole ARTPOP era was very shady and pretentious. It was trying to be something it was not and that was returning art back into pop culture, yet it was very superficial in its take. Like, she never really made it an actual mission to reinterpret art in the way ARTPOP was marketed to be, and, on top of that, she only focused on Renaissance art, awkward performance art, and kitsch art

ARTPOP had so much creative potential and Gaga could have honestly went Dada in her interpretation of what ARTPOP is. Like, most of the album does not have anything to do with the themes of ARTPOP except for ARTPOP and Venus. It would have worked in her favor to restructure the album as Mary Jane Holland and have a concept album centered on an alternate persona. ARTPOP is an okay album, but it is hypocritical and surface heavy when you get to really thinking about it

Wow I am in love with your post.

Yes, Gaga should go DADA during the ARTPOP: Crazy, fun, creative without no clear message. There is no need to be the Jesus of art, just be mad and electric. I really like ARTPOP but yes she didn't handle it well. 

Gagamel
13 hours ago, ARTPOPulace said:

:toofunny:

MESSS whenever i saw this i thought it was photoshopped i honestly can't believe this :ladyhaha:

12 hours ago, ARTPOPulace said:

Hide contents

she didn't reply :giggle: maybe she knew it won't happen :toofunny:

Carly's tweet was 3 years before Gaga's tho :oprah:

15 hours ago, Boyboi12 said:

I don't think the lip syncing thing is that bad! Let's be realistic, singing every night and every song is not healthy! She have to rest her  voice sometimes. I think she opened her eyes and realized singing live wasn't something she could do all the time and decided to start lip syncing 

gurl, stop acting like she wasn't singing at all:toofunny: You can clearly hear her singing sometimes in those videos and if that's not the case she was just taking break from singing for a few seconds and she was just opening her mouth to not look dumb and these videos are just compilation of all those parts to make Gaga look bad. If her own fans can't see it then we're cancelled as a fanbase I guess:madge:

Lip sync is when you lip sync ALL THE SONG without wanting ppl to know it

RepentingSinner
16 hours ago, Perfectionist32 said:

For me it's this 

I think it a little hypocritical. She should just admit that she does I mean most singers do it. I think she only lipsyncs when she is feeling lazy or has to dance because she's probably out of breathe. I still love her but you guys can't hide the fact. I'll admit I try to pretend she never does.

I give 0 credabilty to the first 2 videos. That channel is clearly out for Gaga, and is not seeing this objectively. Fabricated. 

sarahb
4 hours ago, Jrberish said:

Who was this aimed at???

4 hours ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

Die antwoord. She asked them to open for for her in SA I believe and they thought they were too good and made a bunch of messy af mean comments abou Gaga in return and mocked her in a music video.

Yep here's the video if you're curious. You can see why she was pissed off. 

Boyboi12
42 minutes ago, LM said:

gurl, stop acting like she wasn't singing at all:toofunny: You can clearly hear her singing sometimes in those videos and if that's not the case she was just taking break from singing for a few seconds and she was just opening her mouth to not look dumb and these videos are just compilation of all those parts to make Gaga look bad. If her own fans can't see it then we're cancelled as a fanbase I guess:madge:

Lip sync is when you lip sync ALL THE SONG without wanting ppl to know it

She has lip sync an a complete song before! You're making it seem like I have something against gaga or something. I don't care what she does! I just know it's not healthy to sing all the time. :gaysia:

11 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

She has lip sync an a complete song before! You're making it seem like I have something against gaga or something. I don't care what she does! I just know it's not healthy to sing all the time. :gaysia:

well, show me the video where she lip-synced a complete song then

Boyboi12
8 minutes ago, LM said:

well, show me the video where she lip-synced a complete song then

The only one I recall is one of the judas performances. 

Lassex

DWUW video :lolly: I'm glad it was never actually released. Also, this one

Screenshot-2015-08-24-15.55.55-904x576.j

I don't even want to know what's happening in this photo :madge: Not sure if these things are considered as ''shady'' though. Just stupid and offensive. 

Archived