Forbes: Lady Gaga Shows Companies How to Make a Comeback

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doncho
Just now, IndieKylie said:

The difference is ARTPOP had much higher expectations than Joanne and was not received as well critically. It's all perspective. We all know ARTPOP was actually a success. 

Not all, believe me. But yeah...

Teal Ambition

"Her "Little Monsters," as they're called, number in the tens of millions — but it's not just their size that's impressive.  Their support for and loyalty to Lady Gaga exceeds what most celebrities enjoy.  They actively promote and defend her, they stood by her during the downturn of her career, and they have fanned the flames of her revival with social posts, videos, public gatherings, and most importantly record and concert ticket sales."

This is so sweet :giveup: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Doncho
Just now, Americano said:

Definitely not. Sales climate is different. ARTPOP underperformed, Joanne did not.

I know. But commercially ARTPOP is still superior. Compare Applause to Million Reasons or DWUW to Perfect Illusion.

Joanne has been a way longer era though, and thats super nice for Gaga

YeehawKylie
Just now, Bio said:

This is turning into a Britney Spears mess where every era is supposed to be her "real" comeback

Yes, but they literally do this to any pop-singer who takes more than a year between albums. 'Chained to the Rhythm, Katy Perry's comeback single'...'The Cure, Lady Gaga's comeback single'...'Joanne, Lady Gaga's comeback album'...'Hello...Adele's comeback single'...

I mean, I just think a comeback should truly be reserved for severely flopping. If Christina Aguilera comes back after two flop albums and has a Top 10 single and Number 1 album that sells well, that in my opinion is a comeback. Not following up a successful album or single...

xoxo cupcakke

That loyal community, ha Little Monsters, ha Little Geriatrics, and ha Little Soccer Moms :applause:

Dominic

I agree with some points but why is a 2/3 year break between albums labelled as a comeback nowadays?

ARTPOP sold well regardless. She never went anywhere. Where is the comeback? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

weed

It's really so impressive her reinvention of the enigma that is Lady Gaga

it took 3 years, but look where we are now :giveup:

Just now, Dominic Marc said:

I agree with some points but why is a 2/3 year break between albums labelled as a comeback nowadays?

ARTPOP sold well regardless. She never went anywhere. Where is the comeback? 

K-pop artists "comeback" 3 times a year. Whenever they disappear from the media for days then release something different, they call it a comeback.

Reginald

Little Hennies, I'm just completely slayed. I can't believe how good this past year has been. It really is just like back in the day through The Fame Monster and Born This Way when gaga was EVERYWHERE and everyone loved her

Luxe Ford
19 minutes ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Written before THE CURE too

brilliant. 

Gaga can sell an album more than most pop girls. 

EDIT: wait, was this written before the cure or after?

Don't know about written, but it was posted online today

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

GagaMyBlood95

:applause:

She truly can innovate herself and no one can do it like she does it!

ArtGagaPop
24 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Someone tell them ARTPOP sold more than Joanne and it had more success :awkney:

Love both albums but facts are facts

Not such an achiment when ARTPOP was release in 2013 and Joanne 2016

Doncho
Just now, ArtGagaPop said:

Not such an achiment when ARTPOP was release in 2013 and Joanne 2016

It was still most successful in singles! But Joanne has done amazing, I am not trying to bring it down in any way lol

Archived