Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

geewillikers
5 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

No, it wouldn't even chart 

Do you think releasing any other song from Joanne as a single and performing them at Coachella and announcing them as a "new single" there and then sending them to radio would have the same success as The Cure?

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johncayse
Just now, geewillikers said:

Do you think releasing any other song from Joanne as a single and performing them at Coachella and announcing them as a "new single" there and then sending them to radio would have the same success as The Cure?

I don't think so :X

Dirtyicecreamz
12 minutes ago, geewillikers said:

Hey guys, I've been reading this cult site for many years but do not really post much but I had a question and wanted to hear some opinions from you all.

Seeing the great streaming numbers that The Cure has had recently and its potential to grow into a streaming hit, do you think that if Gaga had instead released Dancin' in circles:music: it would have had the same type of success?

I would love to hear your opinions. :hug:

edit: I also have not checked to see if anyone has already asked this so sorry if AP.

absolutely not.. like at alllllll. DIC is the catchiest song on Joanne, sure, but if you compare it to everything that's out there now, it would have sunk so quick . TC is doing well because the song itself has a very high replay value 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

SergenGokdag
6 minutes ago, HolyDelRey said:

There actually is. :sharon:

6 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

She can get a radio deal for the 2nd single 

and I wouldn't be surprised if she does tbh

Her label must be crazy Who would use payola for 2nd single

i mean when will Lady Gaga's label? 

Poor Million Reasons 

Diamond Heart 💎

viniferrett

Coachella usually don't have any comercial impact, the cure did amazing because it's a new song. any other song would have minimal increase imo

viniferrett
2 minutes ago, SergenGokdag said:

Poor Million Reasons 

If her label don't want to pay she would probably pay herself lmao shes that kinda of girl 

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, SergenGokdag said:

Capitol will for Katy

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

geewillikers
1 minute ago, Johncayse said:

I don't think so :X

I was thinking the same thing but I had a lot of hope that Joanne, Sinner's Prayer would have been a single that would have smashed and been an iconic hit. They remind me of the type of defining songs that could have come out of bands in the 80's. But I guess with the horrible taste in music by the GP in today's age, good music no longer has a chance to be a hit:(

YeehawKylie
3 hours ago, Monsterious said:

chained to the rhythm (feat. skip marley)

bon appétit (feat. migos)

she really can't chart by her own

Are we sure her full name isn't just Katy Perry Feat?

anomdepllume
1 minute ago, geewillikers said:

I was thinking the same thing but I had a lot of hope that Joanne, Sinner's Prayer would have been a single that would have smashed and been an iconic hit. They remind me of the type of defining songs that could have come out of bands in the 80's. But I guess with the horrible taste in music by the GP in today's age, good music no longer has a chance to be a hit:(

I also had secret hopes for Sinner's Prayer. Hipsters would love it ahaha (I say that as a hipster who loves it). It would be a cool aesthetic-y thing for a singles era.

geewillikers

Spotify and streaming services have really killed the incentive for artist to make genuinely good music nowadays. Because everyone is going to want a GP streaming hit in order to be successful music seems like it will become less authentic as it used to be and that honestly makes me sad :( Not to shade Gaga because I LOVE The Cure but Joanne and Sinner's Prayer would have be defining hits if this was 10 or 20 years. 

Johncayse
2 minutes ago, geewillikers said:

Unfortunately , but what matter is enjoy the music

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Are we sure her full name isn't just Katy Perry Feat?

:toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

malazam
7 minutes ago, SergenGokdag said:

Poor Million Reasons 

Ask Katy about the whole Prism era

another shot before we kiss the other side

DeanWinchester

Spotify and streaming services have really killed the incentive for artist to make genuinely good music nowadays.

yup. I mean look at TTH. There are so many ft. and remixes relying on other artists to keep the song afloat

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Admin locked, featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived