💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey worked with Max Martin on 'Lust for Life'

Opulence

Featured Posts

Opulence

From her Dazed interview:

CL: Do you have a singular producer or several producers?

LDR: Rick Nowels. He actually did stuff with Stevie Nicks a while ago. He works really well with women. I did the last few records with him. Even with Ultraviolence which I did with Dan (Auerbach), I did the record first with Rick, and then I went to Nashville and reworked the sound with Dan. So, yeah, Rick Nowels is amazing, and these two engineers – with all the records that I’ve worked on with Rick, they did a lot of the production as well. You would love these two guys. They’re just super-innovative. I wanted a bit of a sci-fi f lair for some of the stuff and they had some really cool production ideas. But yeah, that’s pretty much it. I mean, Max Martin –

CL: Wait, you wrote with Max Martin? You went to the compound?

LDR: Have you been there?

CL: No. I’ve always wanted to work with Max Martin.

LDR: So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it. (laughs) But we should do something. Like, soon.

CL: I would like that. That would be awesome.

She also spoke about a track on the album called Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Lennon) with the lyrics:

‘I wish we could go back to your country house and put on the radio and listen to our favourite song by Lennon and Yoko.’

Read the full interview at: http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/35578/1/lana-del-rey-courtney-love-lust-for-life

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

This could be terrible or amazing. It sounds more like he just made suggestions rather than actually got hands on with it, though.

Lucas

So the title track's chorus is Abel's voice? A bit weird but whatever, they both make good music so probably won't disappoint

1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

So the title track's chorus is Abel's voice? A bit weird but whatever, they both make good music so probably won't disappoint

honestly....... that bother's me A LOT! but hey...... it's her album, and it better be selling

gagzus

It basically says she wrote or gave max writing credits after he suggested stuff that's all

Opulence
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

It basically says she wrote or gave max writing credits after he suggested stuff that's all

Hence why I titled she 'worked' with him

Abel is like the hottest guy on earth, Lana's perfect counterpart. His voice is hot! Give us that Lust for Lifethat we need. 

PS: I hope Architecture will make the final cut. :excited2:

I don't care about Max Martin but i'm happy about the Sean Lennon collab and the Yoko shout-out :flutter:

YaaaasGaga
31 minutes ago, Opulence said:

‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus'

giphy.gif

'But yeah, that’s pretty much it. I mean, Max Martin –'

ezgif-1-db0617d17c.gif 

Archived