news

Lady Gaga - The Cure

Hurem

Featured Posts

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlasticHo

I am slayed!! On first listen I was in love and that hasn't been the case for a while. I think this could do really well on radio too, but screw the GP. I love it. 

GagaMyBlood95
5 minutes ago, Jdawg said:

Has anyone else considered that The Cure is part of ASIB soundtrack?

That will hardly happen, the soundtrack will be exclusive to the movie and she can't just release singles off of it and not say that it's from the soundtrack.

EarnYourLeather

Y'all are going back and forth. "I wanted generic gaga!" "I wanted indie gaga!"

There are fans that love "indie, go against the grain, different" gaga songs 

There are fans who love the "radio friendly, boppable, pop star" gaga songs 

There is plenty of room for both fans. She puts out plenty of the two styles. 

The song is exactly what she needed for her image. After all, she is a pop star. 

MonsterJay

I don't understand this fanbase

First, people complain about the stripped down Joanne era

Now, they complain about a mainstream pop produced record

Everyone needs to enjoy the music 👍🏻

ChavaWM
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

I think it's because this new song isn't the new-pop sounds that she did with JD, BR, BTW, etc. This song just seems 2017 in some ways. And I don't think that the people who are complaining about The Cure are necessarily the people who were begging for Calvin. 

My only concern is where this new material is coming from. Are we abandoning Joanne? Is this a Joanne EP that the song is coming from? What does it mean for the JWT? What's going on behind the scenes? Gaga once said recently that she wouldn't do this type of music for success/mainstream/whatever. Some people are just taken back I think. I'm sure people will come to terms eventually.

I really hope we don't abandon Joanne! I need a Diamond Heart visual.

I'm way more into DarkGa [Bloody Mary, HML, GHooker] but i give every song a chance

PartySick
5 minutes ago, EarnYourLeather said:

Y'all are going back and forth. "I wanted generic gaga!" "I wanted indie gaga!"

There are fans that love "indie, go against the grain, different" gaga songs 

There are fans who love the "radio friendly, boppable, pop star" gaga songs 

There is plenty of room for both fans. She puts out plenty of the two styles. 

The song is exactly what she needed for her image. After all, she is a pop star. 

I like both :music:

If I'm honest, I prefer Joanne to The Cure but I'm not disappointed at all :music:

💚

DeleteMyAccount
3 minutes ago, ChavaWM said:

I really hope we don't abandon Joanne! I need a Diamond Heart visual.

I'm way more into DarkGa [Bloody Mary, HML, GHooker] but i give every song a chance

Yea, I'm totally here for the song if the GP loves it. I'm kind of middle-ground of the song. The "trendy" "2017 pop" vibes of the song just seem odd with Gaga, but again I'm sure I'll be dancing to it in the next week. 

What I really want is 1) a music video, if they're being serious with this being a single revamping Gaga's streaming and charting power 2) an interview with Gaga explaining why she put this out. 

Awrah999

"I'll undress you 'cause you're god"

I actually love this song and think it's a huge smash waiting to happen but this lyric was cringe-worthy to me....I live for Gaga's religious references but find them so confusing. The Edge of Glory "I'll be dancing in the flames/it isn't hell if everyone knows my name" to Born This Way "church" before the chorus, more obvious songs like Judas, Black Jesus, etc. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks there's any significance to this or just a coincidence?

NCgaga

She is never good enough for some of you. Jesus. I would never come to these forums. I understand it's radio friendly, but to call it trash? Like cmon, quit either the meltdowns. 

RochestrMonstr

I like this song, the chorus is really good! 

I prefer Joanne's sound, but I'm still happy with The Cure. 

Glad to see those who were turned off by Joanne now have a new Gaga song they can listen to! 

Fame IV
6 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I like this song, the chorus is really good! 

I prefer Joanne's sound, but I'm still happy with The Cure. 

Glad to see those who were turned off by Joanne now have a new Gaga song they can listen to! 

Although that people are the ones who are still complaining now. 

A Star is Born ⭐

Phlop

This song is amazing how can people actually be complaining? Its classic Gaga. Shes not trying please radio, she wrote a beautiful dance track for her us that prefer that type of music.

LBR, Joanne had no more hits and the album was growing old. We've been discussing AYO/DIC for months (and JW too before its video) but neither was going to be a hit. AYO was more radio friendly than the two but it still had a lot of early promotion and the hype of it died down. And DIC had a nice sound but radio wouldn't touch it.

This came out of NO WHERE and will have instant success and help her relationship with radio. She built momentum with MR and TC will further push her.

BYE

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived