Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga - The Cure

Hurem

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Okay guys, this song is the best bop of this year. I'm actually reallllllyyyyy starting to love it and it's climbing up in my gaga song rank, all I need is an amazing visual, and I'll be done for.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeenIdle
28 minutes ago, blackcoffee said:

I'm in the camp of those that don't hate it per say because it is a Gaga song, but I also don't love it. Not a sound I'm into. Kinda like the majority of ARTPOP for me...I don't hate the majority of it, it's just not my musical taste. Not a DJWS fan at all. 

To me, this song is just another cold, generic radio friendly pop song. It's quite obvious she's chasing a radio hit and you know what, if that's what she wants, good for her. She needs to fund less GP friendly passion projects somehow. I do think it's a bit sellout of her and it's strange to see fans that talk trash on the Chainsmoker's music and such like this song because honestly this song is cut from the same cloth. 

My favorite Gaga is the classics inspired Gaga and like for me, there was no better moment then last night with her on the piano doing TEOG, Speechless, and Yoü and I...that's the Gaga I love most. AYO was my second favorite moment. She was just so much into being a part of the song and music.

She is a music lover and just so inspired and built by the classic artist that were true musicians in their craft (Springsteen, Elton, Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Prince, MJ, Madonna, etc.) and that's why I love and appreciate Joanne so much. The analog recording and real instrumentation add such a warmth and depth that is truly missing from modern pop music. Even DIC has this complexity and authenticness that, despite a more modern sound, still makes it sound classic and warm.

It's just disappointing to see her already moving beyond and kinda giving up on that, but I know that it's not a style or sound for everyone.

I'm happy that so many of you are loving it though and you should enjoy it! Don't let mine or others opinion deter you. We are entitled to them just like y'all were with the endless Joanne bashing. I just feel like how I did after AP again...liking, but just not loving the music because it's not for me. 

Agree except for the fact that I love ARTPOP, cause EDM > tropical house :reductive:

lavenderblondee

Of course I go to bed right before this happens :giveup: either way OMFG. I'm still shocked by the genre of the song but this could grow on me and become a BOP. It really feels 1ike a 180 from the last couple albums, and I'm trying to figure out how that works for her.

It's funny, when I first heard this I thought it was a demo from 2010/2011. It just reminds me of her super old stuff. For me, it's a mixture of NOBTR and Second Time Around. 

I'll be honest, it's an absolute BOP for me. It's my favourite Gaga song in almost 5 years. 

EarnYourLeather

I love this return to her roots and original sound! The reason why we all fell in love with her in the beginning. 

Please please please be for a new album and follow this sound 

Fishnet Sinner

I think it's great. Yes, it's a radio friendly bop, and not quite as sophisticated as the masterpiece that was Joanne, but that's ok. I love the sort of 90's feel to it. I hope this is a big radio hit for her. (Also, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping this is the first song from a new pop EP to be released right before the JWT)

Kattys

My prayers were heard, thank God for this bop from Gaga :tony:

I'm not a big fan of Joanne, yeah I enjoyed some songs but never listened to this album like on repeat and was obsessed, it's fine whatever suits anybodys taste. But this song I have on repeat now and I don't know man, I just enjoy some electronic music and some "basic" songs are fun too you know... 

I love it and will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed her experimental stuff. :firega:

PunkTheFunk

I can't remember the last time I bopped this hard to a Gaga song :air: 

This better be a summer smash

Morphine Prince

I'm so happy I never hated the "tropical" currently trendy sound. 

Funny seeing little hypocrites loving this when they bash others. 

And seeing the PI bashers also bashing this. 

I have the best of both worlds now laughing. 

*Listens to The Cure* 

Morphine Prince

I'm kinda sad PI could never take off thogh because I loved that direction. But I love this also. 

Glad I stan Gaga who can do both tbh. 

XMonsterMonster
6 minutes ago, Hewkah said:

It's funny, when I first heard this I thought it was a demo from 2010/2011. It just reminds me of her super old stuff. For me, it's a mixture of NOBTR and Second Time Around. 

I'll be honest, it's an absolute BOP for me. It's my favourite Gaga song in almost 5 years. 

This! The song is a smash. :giveup:

InsideOutright

I like it. I'm not a fan of today's tropical trend, but Gaga pulls it off well. Though the vocals don't even sound like her until "I will be right by your side".

This is going to smash, though. I know we all said that about PI, but this is a definite hit.

The Chainsmokers better not come for her for the verses sounding like Closer, but whatever. Gaga took their chord progression and made it better. :emma:

Zilla

Pardon me for a moment, I'm just trying to understand things.

Some people bashed the Joanne era to high heaven and were praying hardcore for her to release her "old" music or at least something more dance-y. Something that'll chart, so those chart fiends would be satisfied. Something that wasn't country or campy. Something that wasn't jazz.

She delivers us a new single that's not country, not jazz, can chart, is a bit more dance-y and is laced with a bit of her "old" music, and you're still not satisfied?

Please help me understand because I'm :duck: -ing all over the place. You don't have to like the song, but at least be clear with what you like or don't like! Because at times it sounds like some of you are just unhappy with every fragment of Gaga's career. 

PS: It's a fun little ditty. Nothing groundbreaking, but she's certainly doing it 1000% better than everyone else rn

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived