• Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

Give It 2 Me

tumblr_me1neouuBj1rxml8no1_400.gif

Highest score: 11 - @Gia Gunn @GagaInTheZone

Lowest score: 7 - @Bio

Comments:

Listening to this song now it was kind of interesting how they mixed Pharrell’s signature sound with those electronic beats. The song gets you pumped but it’s still not as good as her previous work. - @Bio

The most radio-friendy and accessible track of the album is based on pop/electronic beats. For once the R&B flavours are toned down and this is where Madge returns to the dancefloor to confess. Fan favourite. - @KING ELIZABITCH

Another very right choice as a single. Considering the album is a mixture of Timbaland’s and Pharrell’s styles, this could also be regarded as Pharrell’s answer to ‘4 Minutes’. Love its energy! - @Turuncan

The song is very dated in its production and I only prefer to 4 Minutes because of I find it a lot catchier and it's just Madonna. A massive step down from the dance-pop she was doing only three years before, Pharrell's hand in this song, and others as well, has caused it to become so dated and his production makes it sound so lifeless in spite of using actual instruments on the song which is strange. - @xoxo cupcakke

This goes back and forth with another song that's my 11 on this album, both wildly different.  I could skip the "Get Stupid" refrain as I feel it works better within it's own remix but overall Give It 2 Me is a smooth banger that keeps me going on and on and on. - @MonsterJames333

My third favorite on Hard Candy and one of my ultimately favorite songs in Madonna's discography. A bop, the lyrics are fun and sassy, the best instrumental on Hard Candy, I can go on forever. - @Antonio

Miles Away

tumblr_me1neouuBj1rxml8no2_400.gif

Highest score: 11 - @Antonio @MonsterJames333 @bionic @xoxo cupcakke @The Fame Joanne

Lowest score: 7 - @Bio

Comments:

My ultimate favorite song on Hard Candy, and one of my favorite songs in Madonna's entire discography, everything about this track is perfect, and the "so far away"s are so soothing and stunning. - @Antonio

Hard Candy goes American Life midtempo folky in this brilliant song about how absence makes the heart grow educated!  The realization that love is only true when you're not in the same room.  The "so far away" refrain is equal parts hopeful, exasperated, longing and resolute.   This song is miles away one of Madonna's most touching pieces of music. - @MonsterJames333

The only good song off Hard Candy and what I consider to be the best track off of the album, it is an excellent pop song that should have been the lead which would have been followed by "4 Minutes." It is light and delicate, and that bridge blows much of the album out of the park. - @xoxo cupcakke

This had been the most praised song before the album dropped, so my expectations were really high. While the song is very (bitter)sweet and nice to hear especially during a rainy period in a relationship (you know what I mean!) or a long-distance break, it was below my expectations, mostly due to those being very high as I said before, and also because its similarity to Victoria Beckham’s ‘Midnight Fantasy’ and Gwen Stefani’s ‘The Real Thing’. I also like the beats of the radio edit more, but prefer the “So far away
 So far away
” echoing of the album version. - @Turuncan

One of my favorite songs ever, easily all-time top 5. I heard some people say that it' the best song and the only good song on Hard Candy. Well, at least the first part is true. And if this song is the best song on an album, it's more a sign of good than bad quality, since even if all the other songs were bad (which is obviously not the case with Hard Candy), this masterpiece alone could save the album. - @The Fame Joanne

This is the best album track hands-down and probably one of her best tracks in general. Its melancholy along with the combination of electronic/acoustic music is what makes it perfect. I know this will win and it deserves it tbh despite my huge love for Candy Shop. - @KING ELIZABITCH

Funny how she wrote this about Guy and months later she ended up ****ing hating him lol. Cute song, not extraordinary. - @Bio

Gia Gunn
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Give It 2 Me

tumblr_me1neouuBj1rxml8no1_400.gif

Highest score: 11 - @gia gunn @gagainthezone 

Lowest score: 7 - @bio

Miles Away

tumblr_me1neouuBj1rxml8no2_400.gif

Highest score: 11 - @antonio @monsterjames333 @bionic @the fame janne @xoxo

Lowest score: 7 - @bio

NDv4uWK.gif

xoxo cupcakke

There's only one queen, and that's Miles Away... bitch :gaysia:

Gia Gunn

Earlier today my fave left at #6 and I just believed that I could enjoy for once my fave winning, but I guess not :madge: It was so close :madge: 

The Fame Joanne

YYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSS! Miles Away deserves this so much! :firega:

Talent prevails in the end!

my scores:

1. Candy Shop - 9.5
2. 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland) - 8
3. Give It 2 Me - 9
4. Heartbeat - 6
5. Miles Away - 9.5
6. She's Not Me - 9 
7. Incredible - 5.5  
8. Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West) - 5