Featured Posts

phillipaf

It has great lyrics but I hate the song so much :saladga: 

I hope it grows on me tho

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagamel

Don't get the all the praise in this thread, i feel like i've listened to this song like 100 times already. Nothing new, nothing experimental, nothing exciting.

Brainiac

What an absolutely INCREDIBLE track! Can't wait for his album. I just found my new fave male artist I think.

Jenniferella
8 minutes ago, Gagamel said:

Don't get the all the praise in this thread, i feel like i've listened to this song like 100 times already. Nothing new, nothing experimental, nothing exciting.

Looks like they all decided it was good because it "sounds like David Bowie" (=a pale copy of his style). Nothing about this song sounds genuine or creative at all but yay, let's praise it anyway.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Thomas P

Honestly this song is amazing. Best song of his career to date. Honeslty this just beat out Green Light and Love as my favourite song of 2017.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Reality

I definitely see the Bowie connections that people were making. I really like the song, it's incredible.

EDIT - The very beginning part reminded me of Liability for some reason. 

🃏🖤👹

LastNight

Oh I actually really love this. His voice sounds fantastic and the production is really good. I actually really admire him for putting out a big cinematic ballad that's almost 6 minutes long, he could have so easily done something very generic and made for radio but he didn't. 

littlepotter
42 minutes ago, Gagamel said:

30 minutes ago, Jenniferella said:

Looks like they all decided it was good because it "sounds like David Bowie" (=a pale copy of his style). Nothing about this song sounds genuine or creative at all but yay, let's praise it anyway.

I knew I'd find some people on here who felt the need to criticize those who like the song just because they don't. Couldn't you just have said that you dislike it without making it look like everyone who likes it 'decided it was good' and jumped on the praise train? God forbid you have different taste than ours.

chaeri pls

Jenniferella
Just now, littlepotter said:

I knew I'd find some people on here who felt the need to criticize those who like the song just because they don't. Couldn't you just have said that you dislike it without making it look like everyone who likes it 'decided it was good' and jumped on the praise train? God forbid you have different taste than ours.

Did I ever say I found it bad ? I don't think I did. It sounds okay, but in no way it deserves the praise I'm witnessing in this thread. It's a piano ballad, largely influenced by other singers work. It's not "incredible" or anything like that :toofunny:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Gagamel
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

I literally said "I don't get the praise" which basically means "we have different taste" , then proceeded to give my own opinion on the song. I guess i also knew i'd find some people on here who felt the need to attack people for not liking something they do.

gagzus

It's already on track for a big debut, it's sold just over 84k in the US alone and is #1 in 80 countries :giveup: 

gagzus
54 minutes ago, Gagamel said:

I get what you're saying but we can't say anything since Gaga's last two albums have been one of the above either 

Gagamel
3 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I get what you're saying but we can't say anything since Gaga's last two albums have been one of the above either 

I agree but i also didn't see comments such as outstanding, interesting, absolutely stunning, incredibly well produced, beyond any expectations, about any of Gaga's work, let alone her previous 2 albums. The song is good, but people here are honestly making it seem like its the masterpiece of the century, when its just another cute slow song.

gagzus
2 minutes ago, Gagamel said:

I agree but i also didn't see comments such as outstanding, interesting, absolutely stunning, incredibly well produced, beyond any expectations, about any of Gaga's work, let alone her previous 2 albums. The song is good, but people here are honestly making it seem like its the masterpiece of the century, when its just another cute slow song.

It's easily the best song released by a Male artist this decade. Easily, it's soulful with a message, serves vocals and sounds classic.

i definitely think he's on track to be one of the biggest male artists.

Archived