Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wendy Williams BACKLASH from RPDR Fans

Dirtyicecreamz

Featured Posts

SKANK

The little bumpers in between commercial breaks are there to bring in live viewers, and VH1 was targeting specific demographics. Ross was there to bring in the gay viewers, Wendy was there to bring in the stay at home Moms and black viewers, and Young Random Girl was there for the youth demographic. Wendy and Young Random Girl obviously knew nothing about drag or Drag Race, so I understand why fans of the show would be peeved.

Perfect recasting: Ross Matthews, Bob The Drag Queen, and a youtube twink. Done.

maxthewonderdog

I have no respect for her. Her nastiness always pops up when you think she's changed her shady ways. I was shocked to see her hosting RPDR. I do not get it. She offered nothing amusing or of note with her appearance. I think she should be given the chop. I saw what Detox said about her the night of the premiere and and was glad she spoke up. Imagine how much fun it would have been to have Alyssa, Latrice or Alaska hosting it. Hell, ANYONE from the actual show other than Wendy! If they were trying to attract new viewers or VH1 viewers by adding her, even THAT doesn't make sense!

KingRedd

Lol these comments are too much. I don't even watch the show but it's how entertainment works. Certain people pull in certain crowds. They know people will watch to see if she will be typical shady Wendy or not. Smart marketing plan. May not be liked, but let's be happy the show is even on VH1 to begin with. 

At the people saying she's vile and mean....

Beyonce :whitney:  :reductive:

May I Read You? 😎

Blake
53 minutes ago, Dayman said:

"almost denied entry to the Wendy Williams Show by producers and then made to sit somewhere in the back of the audience so the camera wouldn't see her  (because she was dressed in drag)"

That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me tho? Studio audiences aren't a place for drag, they're supposed to be average boring looking people to fill seats, not to draw attention away from the actual show. I live in NY and have gotten tickets to live show tapings and there is usually a dress code so that way the audience will  blend together and not draw attention away from the show when shown on camera.

Wendy is pretty trashy tbh, but that does sound like a bit much to be upset over.

The dress code for Wendy was 'dress to impress'. Erica was dressed in fishy drag, like a 'classy woman'. She explains it more here:

Helxig

We don't want her viewers. They're disgusting, judgemental, closed minded, robots. 

We want them to stay as far away from drag and the LGBTQIetc community as possible.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Dirtyicecreamz
4 hours ago, ManuelColon said:

Drag Race is not about the viewers, it's about the contestants, the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent in them. Wendy is the same as Perez Hilton, a hypocrite that kisses everyone's ass when they need to, but in a second they can start talking literal **** on you. 

It is a big deal to have her do that minimal viewing party because, as i said, she's the kind of person that ''supports'' the queens and the program but when she get's bored she will drag them just for fun. She IS an enemy because she's two sided enough to do the bad against the community.

The gaining of more viewers doesn't take away from the "contestants, charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent" in the queens. If anything, it shows MORE people that these talented drag queens exist. 

As for Wendy, I agree she's super fake and is a very shady person! That being said, I don't think wendy will be dragging the queens during the viewing party because she doesn't seem to care as much (only time will tell). But even if she did make one or two shady remarks, that still doesn't qualify her as an enemy. Some of you are way too sensitive...."enemies" would be the people protesting that there's a show with men dressed as women on cable television because trust me, A LOT of people are still fighting to end LGBT visibility . 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Archived