Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cities That Deserve Tour Dates

Twitter

Featured Posts

Mine (Hong Kong) - She had 4 sold out shows here for the BTWB, also Tokyo, Taiwan and Singapore for the Asian Leg. :pray:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duckworth
On 3/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, yungpancake said:

MANILA. There are millions of little monsters here and the last time she came here was for the BTW Ball and she was literally greeted by protests calling her "satanic" and "demonic", but now our country is already embracing her talent and more real, human side after the Superbowl Halftime Show, Joanne, and 'Million Reasons' which is kind of huge here in the Philippines. :D

I'm 100% with you on this but  this probably won't happen since Rody became president. More backlash could happen this time. :toofunny:

Tommy Monster

Phuffin' Bratislava, she's literally been everywhere but here :grr: even Kat's been here already :toofunny:

yungpancake
13 minutes ago, radtorshy said:

I'm 100% with you on this but  this probably won't happen since Rody became president. More backlash could happen this time. :toofunny:

true. i wish we had an LGBTQ-friendly and conscious president that actually stays true to his/her words. i got so hyped when he said during the elections that he was fine with LGBTQ people and with gay marriage.  :interestinga:

StrawberryBlond
12 hours ago, petedagrk said:

Wow. I can see tho why she skips so many tho. Touring can prolly get tiring. Didn't she have a huge ball with TMB it's not like she can do that everytime 

I'm not asking her to do 200 dates, just one date in each of the cities mentioned and arenas at that. She's just missed out some really obvious places that she always goes to where she has a solid fanbase that will sell out tickets. I don't know if she'll ever do a MB type of tour again but all I'm asking is for one sole acknowledgement per city/country in areas where she clearly has fans.

12 hours ago, petedagrk said:

do other artist even go to half the places named? Who are also big?. From my knowledge Gaga has more tour dates than most.

Yes, despite all this, she is one of the best for touring far and wide. Most artists only go to Oceania every second tour and the same for Asia but Gaga goes there with every tour and I hope she'll keep doing that this time. No matter how much she shortens the dates down, I tell myself it could always be worse. She could be one of those artists who only tours the US and Europe *cough*Beyonce*cough*

11 hours ago, Puddin said:

San Diego!!! Gurl I ain't got the time or money to drive to LA please cum here! If Metallica can come here for the first time in like almost 10 years, u can too!

Forgive my ignorance, but LA and San Diego look really close to me on the map, suggesting that she saw no point in doing dates so close together for fear tickets would fail to sell. I'm going to have to travel even further than that to get to my Birmingham date, over 4 hours by train. Unless the Wikipedia map is using a different scale, I don't see why it's that big of a deal. If driving's too much strain, can't you just take the train?

9 hours ago, krave said:

Mine (Hong Kong) - She had 4 sold out shows here for the BTWB, also Tokyo, Taiwan and Singapore for the Asian Leg. :pray:

I forgot about Hong Kong and Taiwan. She hasn't been there since BWB, she could totally go back again. One gig in each place would be better than nothing. She hasn't gone to Macau since her debut tour either! The price that these regions command would ensure that the cost of transporting the tour there would easily be covered.

8 hours ago, Tommy Monster said:

Phuffin' Bratislava, she's literally been everywhere but here :grr: even Kat's been here already :toofunny:

You never know, she might do it next tour, when she's hopefully a bit more successful. I just think, at the moment, she's in too difficult a position to do anywhere in Eastern Europe. That region proved very tricky for her with the BTWB, especially in Bulgaria. I think her team have been too worried to send her there ever since for fear it'll happen again and there'll be losses made. She only went to Prague last time and even that only pulled in just over 10k tickets and only $776k. From a touring perspective, it's just not worth the risk. In poor countries, touring is always a bit hit and miss.

Tommy Monster
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You never know, she might do it next tour, when she's hopefully a bit more successful. I just think, at the moment, she's in too difficult a position to do anywhere in Eastern Europe. That region proved very tricky for her with the BTWB, especially in Bulgaria. I think her team have been too worried to send her there ever since for fear it'll happen again and there'll be losses made. She only went to Prague last time and even that only pulled in just over 10k tickets and only $776k. From a touring perspective, it's just not worth the risk. In poor countries, touring is always a bit hit and miss.

I see your point, but we´re middle Europe :sweat: and atually hopefully one of those more western oriented countries, we´re literally in the middle between east and west (both geographically and ideologically), which is kinda bad, but not as bad as eastern countries :toofunny:

StrawberryBlond
14 minutes ago, Tommy Monster said:

I see your point, but we´re middle Europe :sweat: and atually hopefully one of those more western oriented countries, we´re literally in the middle between east and west (both geographically and ideologically), which is kinda bad, but not as bad as eastern countries :toofunny:

Depends on how you view it but most of Western Europeans consider Slovakia to be Eastern. Any country in that area, out towards the Baltics (includes Croatia, Hungary, etc). is basically seen as a tricky area to tour which is why so few artists go. It's not that they don't care, it's just that tours are so expensive to put on that if there's an area that can't even pull in $1 million, it's seen as somewhere that requires a lot of times to build up support before going there and you have to skip it ever 2 tours or so. If Katy and Beyonce can go there, your time could come, though. A population of over 5 million should stand you in good stead seeing as she's gone to Denmark, Finland and other countries with similar populations (she went to Estonia and that only has 1.3 million people!). My aunt and uncle went to Slovenia recently and said how everyone seemed so poor and providing a tip of 1 euro was seen as amazing there. With that kind of situation, it's not surprising that concert tickets in such areas don't sell overly well and a lot are given away for free. Gaga's Bulgarian and Romanian fans especially are really lucky that she didn't cancel those BTWB dates because she was selling nowhere near what she was projected to but obviously didn't want to disappoint them.

Tommy Monster
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Depends on how you view it but most of Western Europeans consider Slovakia to be Eastern. Any country in that area, out towards the Baltics (includes Croatia, Hungary, etc). is basically seen as a tricky area to tour which is why so few artists go. It's not that they don't care, it's just that tours are so expensive to put on that if there's an area that can't even pull in $1 million, it's seen as somewhere that requires a lot of times to build up support before going there and you have to skip it ever 2 tours or so. If Katy and Beyonce can go there, your time could come, though. A population of over 5 million should stand you in good stead seeing as she's gone to Denmark, Finland and other countries with similar populations (she went to Estonia and that only has 1.3 million people!). My aunt and uncle went to Slovenia recently and said how everyone seemed so poor and providing a tip of 1 euro was seen as amazing there. With that kind of situation, it's not surprising that concert tickets in such areas don't sell overly well and a lot are given away for free. Gaga's Bulgarian and Romanian fans especially are really lucky that she didn't cancel those BTWB dates because she was selling nowhere near what she was projected to but obviously didn't want to disappoint them.

Yeah, I can see why she does not come here and yeah, it is understandable... but she´s nowhere near this time... good thing I´ll be in the US this summer :nick:

Oh, and be careful about Slovakia and Slovenia (many Slovaks get offended, cause first everybody says Slovenia and then when you say Slovakia, they only know the former Czeckoslovakia :toofunny: ), I´m not sure if you really meant to say Slovenia, but Bratislava is in Slovakia and we are not that poor actually :laughga: (people sadly tend to believe what they see in such movies as Eurotrip and Hostel :toofunny: ) but the thing with the tip is accurate, but it roots somewhere else... in the US you need to leave like 15-20% tip, but nothing like that exists here... it´s more about people being greedy rather than poor, so that´s why 1 euro tip was amazing tbh

StrawberryBlond
10 minutes ago, Tommy Monster said:

Yeah, I can see why she does not come here and yeah, it is understandable... but she´s nowhere near this time... good thing I´ll be in the US this summer :nick:

Oh, and be careful about Slovakia and Slovenia, I´m not sure if you really meant to say Slovenia, but Bratislava is in Slovakia and we are not that poor actually :laughga: (people sadly tend to believe what they see in such movies as Eurotrip and Hostel :toofunny: ) but the thing with the tip is accurate, but it roots somewhere else... in the US you need to leave like 15-20% tip, but nothing like that exists here... it´s more about people being greedy rather than poor, so that´s why 1 euro tip was amazing tbh

I only hope she'll make up for it next tour. I really feel for fans in those countries. And let's not even touch on the ones in Africa.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I did mean to say Slovenia, I was just bringing up an experience in a country that was close to Slovakia. I think I actually remember hearing about how the economy in Slovakia is growing. I just haven't researched the country at all, all I know is its general location, flag, capital and population, so I'm not educated about what the financial situation is there. Apologies for any ignorance.

Tommy Monster
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

I only hope she'll make up for it next tour. I really feel for fans in those countries. And let's not even touch on the ones in Africa.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I did mean to say Slovenia, I was just bringing up an experience in a country that was close to Slovakia. I think I actually remember hearing about how the economy in Slovakia is growing. I just haven't researched the country at all, all I know is its general location, flag, capital and population, so I'm not educated about what the financial situation is there. Apologies for any ignorance.

No need to apologize for anything :hug: I´m not one of those who would get offended, I do not know many things about many countries :laughga: just wanted to make sure that you know, cause there are people who don´t like being mistaken for some other nationality :) plus, I cannot say that I´m proud to live here, so whatever :sweat:

Puddin
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Forgive my ignorance, but LA and San Diego look really close to me on the map, suggesting that she saw no point in doing dates so close together for fear tickets would fail to sell. I'm going to have to travel even further than that to get to my Birmingham date, over 4 hours by train. Unless the Wikipedia map is using a different scale, I don't see why it's that big of a deal. If driving's too much strain, can't you just take the train?

I really don't think tickets would fail here, considering that she had one San Diego date (which was sold out) plus two Los Angeles dates (which also sold out) in the artRAVE. And I'm always willing to drive places to see her, but this year, I don't have the time or money to travel somewhere that's not within my city limits. 

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Puddin said:

I really don't think tickets would fail here, considering that she had one San Diego date (which was sold out) plus two Los Angeles dates (which also sold out) in the artRAVE. And I'm always willing to drive places to see her, but this year, I don't have the time or money to travel somewhere that's not within my city limits. 

Yes, but the artRave was supporting a more successful album and Gaga was newer in the game. She only had 4 California dates with the Artrave, and they were all arenas - Los Angeles, San Jose and San Diego. This time, she has 5 Californian dates including 1 stadium - San Francisco, Sacramento and Inglewood. The bigger separation of the states and the inclusion of a stadium has obviously changed the game a bit, so she has to be a bit more shrewd. Another Californian date would seem like overkill, especially when its so close to a city with 3 arena dates.

Ronnie
On 3/27/2017 at 7:01 AM, LadOfAbyss said:

Phoenix, Az. She went here last time for ARTPOP (which I didn't end up going 😖) I was really hoping to see her this year but I guess I'm just not meant to see her live 😭

I had to buy tickets to the LA show but would have preferred to see her here in Phoenix!!! 

The Fame Joanne

My city has a date, so I don't really care, but she could do those:

Madrid

Vienna

Lyon

Rome

Hong Kong

Tokyo

Seoul

Sao Paulo 

Sydney

Melbourne