💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Record Labels Trying To Keep Artists From 6-9 Years Ago Alive? No New Stars

Economy

Featured Posts

River

Maybe it's just because the new artists are just not good enough and can't hold themselves a longevity.. it's their job to be more successful.. not the labels..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
Just now, GagaMyBlood95 said:

You didn't put BEYONCE as a name that has been a headliner for years now and she is still at the top of her game??

I was talking about artists that all came at once within close to a decade ago that somehow all got preserved.

Even Rihanna looks a bit outta place with these artists and putting her on the list was a stretch

Beyonce has been around like 20 years almost. Shes a completely different generational legend that has stuck around from a long time ago...

Not really relevant to the issue at hand im discussing

GagaMyBlood95
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I was talking about artists that all came at once within close to a decade ago that somehow all got preserved.

Even Rihanna looks a bit outta place with these artists and putting her on the list was a stretch

Beyonce has been around like 20 years almost. Shes a completely different generational legend that has stuck around from a long time ago...

Not really relevant to the issue at hand im discussing

Oh yeah, now I see what you're trying to do! 

I was just in shock not to see her but yeah, she has been around a lot longer than the rest.

Economy
2 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Oh yeah, now I see what you're trying to do! 

I was just in shock not to see her but yeah, she has been around a lot longer than the rest.

I kinda hope Rihanna beats Madonnas record for top 10s and Beyonce breaks some other record

Madonna was artistic and talanted in her way but i cant stand her attittude and personality and it bugs me shes considered the most successful female artist of all time

I want someone newer to dethrone her already

The Fame Joanne

1. I think most people don't see Gaga currently on the same level of the other ones you listed

2. Selena isn't really milked yet. The Revival era is kind of her first globally successful era

Supersonic

The reason why so little stars stuck around from the last 5 years is because they have no star power and lived off being a one dimenional novelty act.

We'll see who is gonna have what it takes in some years from the current batch. My guesses are The Weeknd and Ariana are gonna stick around for a long time. I'd like for Ariana especially to step out of her box a little more, now that she's improving in what she was lacking when she started out first (She improved her performing, vocal stamina, and now has a back catalogue of good songs)

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Yeah but they were big enough u cant call them 1 hit wonders. Especially Lord with Team or Psy that still got over 1 Billion views with second hit and i heard it on the radio plenty

And Iggys Black Widow was no small hit either

It doesn't matter if their follow up hits were popular, they were nowhere near as popular as their first hits. Their second hits were only hits because of their first hit. Basically it's all been downhill for those artists.

Fame IV
46 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

1. I think most people don't see Gaga currently on the same level of the other ones you listed

2. Selena isn't really milked yet. The Revival era is kind of her first globally successful era

Exacly, Gaga is above them.

A Star is Born ⭐

The Fame Joanne
5 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

Exacly, Gaga is above them.

She's more talented for sure, but less successful. And I think this is about success

and with the phrase "most people" I made it clear that I talked about the GP and not what I personally believe

LG7 time now
15 hours ago, Economy said:

That wouldnt be the first time its happened tho.

Britney Spears in early career really only had a few hits but was always relevant in media and sold well

its also often been common with rap and hip-hop artists

Taylor Swift was a decent album seller as early as 2006 when no one outside country really knew her until 2007

you mean 2015

LG7 time now
5 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

She's more talented for sure, but less successful. And I think this is about success

and with the phrase "most people" I made it clear that I talked about the GP and not what I personally believe

No, I was surprised to see that the GP still considers Gaga as one of the biggest and most relevant artists right now :) 

Fame IV
10 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

No, I was surprised to see that the GP still considers Gaga as one of the biggest and most relevant artists right now :) 

It's not a surprise :) She's an international superstar with a big following. The Superbowl halftime show invitation proves that.

A Star is Born ⭐

Economy
30 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

It doesn't matter if their follow up hits were popular, they were nowhere near as popular as their first hits. Their second hits were only hits because of their first hit. Basically it's all been downhill for those artists.

Yeah but lots of artists have their first hit be their biggest. Thats not what determins if they are a 1 hit wonder or not :huh: 

Are u sure u didnt just forget about their other follow up hits and now dont wanna admit it??? :usrs:

Economy
15 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

you mean 2015

What? Taylor was well talked about well before that. Especially after VMAs incident but even before that she was known

2015 may be when she had lots of pop hits but she had media coverage well before that, sold a lot of albums and had many Country hits

u cant really say her successful carerr started in 2015 and that thats when ppl knew her. 2015 was merely her peak

Economy
17 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

6 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

It's not a surprise :) She's an international superstar with a big following. The Superbowl halftime show invitation proves that.

1 hour ago, The Fame Joanne said:

If it wasnt for SB and her most recent hit in the US MR... I dunno... Tbh i wouldn't even have put Gaga on this list anymore. Like shes just relevant enough to say shes relevant :( 

Archived