💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Hair Have Been a Piano Ballad?

Princess Stache

Featured Posts

Bradley

I don't hate the studio version but I think it would have sounded better if Gaga's vocals were louder because the instrumental is REALLY loud.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August Blue

Nooo the original version is amazing :giveup: 

Everytime I listen to it it puts me in such a mood :giveup: 

I feel nostalgia, empowerment and like Im 15 again  :cryga: 

ItsTommyBitch

Hm.

No. It can be performed both ways, and its a bop as a pop-rock power ballad :emma: The ad-libs in the final chorus are part of one of the best moments on BTW and that wouldn't have been as effective as a piano ballad.

It is a bit heavy/loud in general, but it was handled imo way better than Gypsy.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

stir the pot
17 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

YES!!! Same with Gypsy 

NO. Gypsy is perfect as it is.

IllumiMark

I agree. I prefer it as a piano ballad, just like Gypsy. They're both too loud in their studio versions, but they sound flawless when performed live on piano (on Stern radio show). 

Panchecco

no it's perfect the way it because we can have both (in fact she sang it acustic with just the piano most of the time)

Head Empty

It would've been great if she recorded it like she played it at iHeart. Start off as a piano ballad, and then build up and climax into a synthrock finale :giveup:

EmiRivington

I will forever think she should release an acoustic album with all her hits or an unplugged version of all her hits. It would be AMAZING. 

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

Oriane

I like the studio version but it's overproduced. With less effects it would have been really great ! The chorus is not really enjoyable while it's so beautiful in acoustic version...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Ronk

I love the acoustic piano ballad performances of Hair best.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Ronk
2 hours ago, EmiRivington said:

I will forever think she should release an acoustic album with all her hits or an unplugged version of all her hits. It would be AMAZING. 

MTE.   Just thinking about it ... OMG.

Jay.P

Not entirely acoustic but yes a bit less production. It's probably the only song on BTW that actually is overproduced.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Ronk
On 3/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, EmiRivington said:

How about Gaga performing songs entirely a cappella?  After all, she has a great voice and does not need autotune.  Long ago in college I saw a concert by Judy Collins and a concert by Joan Baez.  In both concerts, the performer put her guitar down and sang a song totally unaccompanied.  It was so moving, actually breathtaking, the highlight of the show.  I love Gaga's piano ballads, but would love to hear her sing without the piano on occasion.  Here is an example of Joan Baez:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9ZdNTBpLY

Archived