đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

FEUD // EP.3 // REACTION + REVIEW!

VenusPenus

Featured Posts

VenusPenus

Watch me ramble about the things that make me want to cry lol. Stay tuned, next week I'll be talking about episode 4 of FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN! Joan is lowkey pissing me off with her shady shenanigans. :madge:

let’s stay playful together

TropicOfCANCER

i'm living for this show (except for susan's WEAK bette) but i'm extremely impressed (for once) by ryan murphy!

Claymore
1 hour ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

i'm living for this show (except for susan's WEAK bette) but i'm extremely impressed (for once) by ryan murphy!

Susan's Bette is actually spot on?? Go watch an interview of hers from the 70's, she's Bette down.

TropicOfCANCER
18 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Susan's Bette is actually spot on?? Go watch an interview of her from the 70's, she's Bette down.

She absolutely 100% does not have Bette down. I'm very familiar with Bette, and she's not even close (particularly with Bette's raspy voice). I don't think she's terrible, but i don't think she's effectively captured her.

Claymore
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

She absolutely 100% does not have Bette down. I'm very familiar with Bette, and she's not even close (particularly with Bette's raspy voice)

Well, maybe because she just doesn't have a raspy voice? But Davis's enuanciation and clipped yankee way of talking is there. Not to mention that her body language, gestures and expressions are all Bette.

And Bette's my favourite actress so I'm quite familiar as well.

TropicOfCANCER
2 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Well, maybe because she just doesn't have a raspy voice? But Davis's enuanciation and clipped yankee way of talking is there. Not to mention that her body language, gestures and expressions are all Bette.

And Bette's my favourite actress so I'm quite familiar as well.

Oh well, agree to disagree. Susan could've done much better, or they simply could've gotten someone else. Bette deserved a better portrayal. 

Jessica will be the one snatching awards, of this I am sure.

Claymore
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

Oh well, agree to disagree. Susan could've done much better, or they simply could've gotten someone else. Bette deserved a better portrayal. 

Jessica will be the one snatching awards, of this I am sure.

Well will have to agree to disagree on Jessica as well. I think she made Joan sound like a blubbering, old mess. Even that lip purse that she keeps on doing is all Jessica Lange. I don't see anythimg remotely similar to Joan in Jessica's portrayal.

So I can't wait for Susan to snatch all the awards. Of this I am sure.

dlioncourt91

Bette's voice changed due to the smoking she did.

Her original voice was pretty different in her earlier days.

Archived