Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What time period will A Star Is Born be set in?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

LordEnigma
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

No, you tell me.

face-2.gif

Diva. I'm not the one who started the thread. I'm not sure what they will do because I'm not in the film, but I'm confident it will be fine.

Now go pour yourself a drink and move on.

And maybe listen to some music not on Top 40 radio.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

face-2.gif

Diva. I'm not the one who started the thread. I'm not sure what they will do because I'm not in the film, but I'm confident it will be fine.

Now go pour yourself a drink and move on.

And maybe listen to some music not on Top 40 radio.

That's why I'm asking a question? Not sure why you have to a condescending bitch here. If you have any suggestions, you can tell me. If not, move on. 

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Is La La Land set in modern day?

Idk, but does it involve pop culture?

LordEnigma
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

That's why I'm asking a question? Not sure why you have to a condescending bitch here. If you have any suggestions, you can tell me. If not, move on. 

Unfortunately, no one will know until the movie comes out. :trollga: I'm sorry your discussions don't merit to much.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

Unfortunately, no one will know until the movie comes out. :trollga: I'm sorry your discussions don't merit to much.

That's why one can give 'suggestions'? Plus, it has to be something that can be Top 40 radio. The story, from what I know, involves popular artists in the music business, so it has to be realistic about that?

Ashley

I'm guessing it'll just be pop music and her "old" music will be more heartfelt. Also Bradley Cooper's character is supposed to be a fading artist, so it makes sense if he's older than your average pop star.

DeleteMyAccount
13 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

No, you tell me. Because I seriously can't think of a type of music that today's generation can relate to in the film if it's set in present time, especially since Gaga and Bradley Cooper don't look like they fit into today's landscape of pop music. 

I'd love a style like The Rose (rock). And tbh this movie isn't going to be for "today's generation". And I don't want it to be. Young people aren't going to be flocking to see this movie unless it has LLL vibes. I have a feeling it'll be similar to Bradley's past work. 

Again, I'd love more The Rose/Fleetwood Mac music style for this imo.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

I'm guessing it'll just be pop music and her "old" music will be more heartfelt. Also Bradley Cooper's character is supposed to be a fading artist, so it makes sense if he's older than your average pop star.

Well that's very true! I never thought about that. 

RadioIsOurs
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

I'd love a style like The Rose (rock). And tbh this movie isn't going to be for "today's generation". And I don't want it to be. Young people aren't going to be flocking to see this movie unless it has LLL vibes. I have a feeling it'll be similar to Bradley's past work. 

Again, I'd love more The Rose/Fleetwood Mac music style for this imo.

That would mean it has to be set in a different generation, right? Realistically, for the story to work in today's generation, the characters would have to be much younger imo since the are less older popular artists today. 

mthstrqt

smh i can't understand why people need to be negative and think thing's aren't going to work or be successful WAAAAY before they even start happening. give this movie a chance. gaga's name alone is going to bring in a lot of viewers. she's venturing in a whole new chapter of her life and this movie's been remade twice already, the story is totally adaptable to today's world. when joanne dropped everybody was like ???? wtf is this ???? and it turned out to sell more than ARTPOP did. gaga's a game changer. if you expect her to follow trends then you're in for a big disappointment

Tbh I don't care. I'm here for the soundtrack and that Oscar for best original soundtrack/song (and Razzie award for worst artist because let's face it she will get nominated regardless of how good she is)

OT: It is set in the contemporary period so I guess it's set in the current period. What that means for the music I cannot say.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, mthstrqt said:

smh i can't understand why people need to be negative and think thing's aren't going to work or be successful WAAAAY before they even start happening. give this movie a chance. gaga's name alone is going to bring in a lot of viewers. she's venturing in a whole new chapter of her life and this movie's been remade twice already, the story is totally adaptable to today's world. when joanne dropped everybody was like ???? wtf is this ???? and it turned out to sell more than ARTPOP did. gaga's a game changer. if you expect her to follow trends then you're in for a big disappointment

But the story has to be realistic and fit the setting it's in? Like you can't have the 'star' be a rock or jazz singer if it's set today, because that would never happen?

mthstrqt
3 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

But the story has to be realistic and fit the setting it's in? Like you can't have the 'star' be a rock or jazz singer if it's set today, because that would never happen?

of course you can. it's a movie, it doesn't have to be realistic. and even if  the goal is for it to be realistic, there's many ways they can do it. for example; bradley's character is a fading rock star and gaga's character comes in to give him some new fresh ideas/sounds

DeleteMyAccount
19 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

That would mean it has to be set in a different generation, right? Realistically, for the story to work in today's generation, the characters would have to be much younger imo since the are less older popular artists today. 

No. Rock is just as relevant today as it was yesterday and the decades that proceeded it. How does the story not work with older characters? When Judy Garland starred in A Star is Born in 1957 it was seen as her big comeback in the film scene. She was then nominated for an Academy Award. Again, if a movie like LLL can work, then ASIB will definitely work. The only issue I have is the directing and writing due to Bradley never doing it before on this big of a scale.

Archived