💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What time period will A Star Is Born be set in?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Will it be set in current day? If so, I'm not sure how it will play out, since Bradley Cooper supposedly's going to be the male star, and there doesn't exactly seem to be popular male artists over 40 right now. :oprah: It will also determine the style of music in the film, since the film is about popular artists, and popular music right now is trash, so I don't see how they can glorify it. If it's set in the past, it would beg the question of why it's even remade now in the first place. :oprah:

To be honest I also can't really see the appeal of this movie among today's casual movie-goers. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasIsAHolyFoo

I heard it would be set in current day, and that the music would be red & blue/ the fame style

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Sexxx

its about her life story about how she used to be a new Yorker with a fat Italian nose then she wrote the Fame x

LordEnigma
5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

It will also determine the style of music in the film, and popular music right now is trash

I stopped reading.

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

I heard it would be set in current day, and that the music would be red & blue/ the fame style

In what world is that style currently popular? That's the thing, I have trouble figuring out how this story will fit in to today's world. 

JudasIsAHolyFoo
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

In what world is that style currently popular? That's the thing, I have trouble figuring out how this story will fit in to today's world. 

well when I mean current day i usually talk about a 10 year time period, so i could see it having a 2008 vibe to it, or they could do a style of if Joanne was Gaga's debut album? 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

I stopped reading.

What? Are Gaga and Bradley Cooper supposed to sing with The Chainsmokers or make EDM trap songs?

LordEnigma

What? Are Gaga and Bradley Cooper supposed to sing with The Chainsmokers or make EDM trap songs?

IF you think that's the only sound of our generation... you should really expand your thinking.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

well when I mean current day i usually talk about a 10 year time period, so i could see it having a 2008 vibe to it, or they could do a style of if Joanne was Gaga's debut album? 

Well that would kinda date the film imo. I think this film's supposed to explore pop culture as well, and I don't know how this can fit into today's pop culture. 

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

IF you think that's the only sound of our generation... you should really expand your thinking.

Then what are they supposed to sing? Rock music?

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

giphy.gif

LordEnigma

Then what are they supposed to sing? Rock music?

There are plenty of options. Maybe you should just wait until the film comes out?

JevyDuty

Good question. Just imagining the outfits she's going to wear (when she becomes famous in the movie). 

Either futuristic or antiquated would do.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

There are plenty of options. Maybe you should just wait until the film comes out?

No, you tell me. Because I seriously can't think of a type of music that today's generation can relate to in the film if it's set in present time, especially since Gaga and Bradley Cooper don't look like they fit into today's landscape of pop music. 

Archived