💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your initial Opinions to Tracks on Joanne vs. Now

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

A-Yo:

First Impression: I thought it was too similar to MANiCURE but kind of liked it. After the NYC dive bar I fell in love with it and kind of wish she had the horns louder in the chorus in the studio version.

Now: ok with it, don't listen to it that much. But when I do I'm slayed by it.

John Wayne:

First Impression: Loved it.

Now: Meh. Extremely overrated by this fanbase. The bridge is terrible, there is no chorus ...

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression: Slayed by it. 

Now: Meh number 2. It's a fun song but kind of basic and cheapens the album just like John Wayne. Expected more from a collab with Beck.

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: Thought it was weird, too loud and had no lyrics.

Now: Still think those things but now I love it so much!

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression: cute. Too country tho

Now: love it so hard! The lyrics are some of the best on the album.

Come to Mama:

First Impression: cheesy but kind of nice.

Now: Still think the lyrics are a little cringy and don't agree with some of it but the energy is so good that I end up enjoying it.

Hey Girl:

First Impression: Benny and the Jets?

Now: Benny and the Jets but I love it.

Angel Down:

First Impression: deep.

Now: deep but kind of overrated. She could have gone deeper with the lyrics.

TwerkinLurkin

Diamond heart:

At first: I liked it a lot. 1 5 10 and the young while American parts and the intro scalped me

Now: I'm neutral towards I still listen to it ever now and then but not as much as when Joanne first came out

A-YO: 

At first: was one of my favorite songs when Joanne first cam out I thought it was really catchy and boppy. I wanted it to be a single and also everyone who I knew that wasn't a gaga Stan ayo would always be on their list of there faves from Joanne. The ayo ayo we somkin em all scalped me.

Now: it's definitely gone down on my favorite list only because I've listened to it to much and I'm kinda over it I still love it but I just don't listen to it as much anymore. Ayo should of been the first single in my opinion it would of slayed and it being a chatcy bop that teens would love and it being the first single I think it could of done really well. With mr being the second single for so long I'm kinda over countryga so I'm not sure if I want it as the third single anymore I used to but idunno.

Joanne

At first: I thought it was cute I listened to it a little I wasn't like obsessed with it or anything I guess I was nuteral towards it.

Now: over time I became obsessed with it. I think it sounds really pretty and it kinda reminds me of a stevie nicks song. I think now this is or is one of my faves on Joanne. Also like a-yo Joanne is also another fave from thought he album that my gp friends love.

John Wayne:

At first: it was THE bop I loved it. I loved the every aspect of the song. It was like a better version of Mary Jane Holland in my opponent. The baby let's get high. The music. It's funny that the video was shot in a car at night because every time I would listen to it, it sounded like a song I would bop to in my car with friends in the he middle of the night.

Now: I still like it but like with ayo I kinda got over it I still listen to it sometimes but not as much as it used to. The video literally scalped me it was one of my faves. It's funny though it was also one of my faves from Joanne but I never thought it should of been a single.

Dancin in circles: 

At first: y'all are probably gonna drag me but at first I wasn't really impressed. I didn't dislike the song but I wasn't really into it either. I don't know why it just felt lackluster to me and it kinda felt like sexxx dreams 2.0. I got what she was trying to do with the tropical sounds and stuff but I just wasn't into it as much as I was with other hops on Joanne.

Now: I'm absolutely obsessed with it and I think it might be my favorite song on Joanne. This version of it os what made fall inlove with it.

I don't know why. Maybe it's because I was able to hear the music. I don't know but I'm still obsessed with it. I always wanted ayo as a single but now I kinda want this as the third single. I think a remix with a feature it could be a hit song. 

Perfect Illusion

At first: I felt the same way at first as I did with dancing in circles, I was unimpressed. I was also disappointed because I waited so long for a new gaga bop. I didn't hate but I wasn't really into it either. I also remember at first saying it was my least favorite song on Joanne.

Now: I absolutely love it! I think it's an amazing bop and everytime I hear it I can't help but belt the words and dance. It definitely grew on me. I think it's an amazing song it's a banger. I think it's one of gagas best sings in my opinion. I still don't think it should of been a single though just an album track because I know how the gp is and they'd never be into it and appreciate it for what it is.

Million Reasons

At first: I didn't really like it I'm not into country music and it reminded me so much of a country song. again I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. 

Now: I think it's beautiful and I'm glad it's becoming such a big hit here in America it deserves it. I think all the performances made me love it and hear how beautiful her voice is. Tbh the Howard Stern performance of it blew me away. 

Sinners Prayer

At first: hated it 

Now: hate it. It's the only song I skip and dont like. I think the Dunn nun nun part is cute but other than that I hate it. Sorry I know I'll get dragged for that. 

Come to Mama:

At first: I didn't really like it it sounded kinda cheesy to me.

Now: I'm kinda neutral to it. I think its cute. I listen to it every now and then. 

Hey Girl

At first: I thought it was cute I liked angel down more than it though. I liked it though and flos voice in it is beautiful.

Now: it grew on me I really enjoy it. I like how it kinda reminds me of a female Benny and the Jets haha.

Angel Down 

At first:  I fell in love with it. The angel down part would sways be stuck in my head. It felt to me like a better version of dope. And the ending is pretty to me.

Now: I still love it but I think hey girl and Joanne are above it in my faves now.

Grigio Girls: 

At first: okay in dont know why but i was obsessed with this song! It would get stuck in my head over and over. I would say in the beginning this and ayo where the two songs I would always be singing.

Now: I still love it but it not into it as much as I was when it first came out. The same thing with ayo happen to me with gg. Her performance at the dive bar with Sonja made me cry though.

Just another day

At first:  I loved it because it reminded me so much of like the fame songs and her previous fame songs and those are some of my favorite songs by her. Like fooled me again,  Again again, fever, her red and blue album, noo floods etc etc.

Now I don't bump it as much as I used to but I still love it.

Fernster7

Diamond Heart:

First Impression: The prechorus slayed me so hard, I was honestly shook, but I thought the melody of the verses were kinda annoying, specially the opening line of the song and also I did not like the chorus because it was weak after the amazing PC.

Now: I love it so much, it's an amazing track and the melody of the verses really grew on me, still think the chorus could have been better.:sweat:

A-Yo:

First Impression: Shake It Off ripoff, annoying song that Gaga made just to please the fans of her uptempo songs.

Now: I LOVE IT. I think it needs a better bridge but this track is my jam, so much fun. The chorus is catchy as hell.:rockstar:

Joanne:

First Impression: I almost cried, I thought it was one of her best songs ever. The lyrics really got me so emotional that I went and kissed and hugged my sister. 

Now: Same. Top 5 on Joanne.:wub:

John Wayne:

First Impression: I loved it so much and thr chorus got stuck in my head for a loong time. The brigde slayed me hard and the outro ended me.

Now: kinda neutral, sometimes the ending annoys me, but it's still super good.

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression: I liked it a lot and thought it was a great song, loved the chorus and the whispers.

Now: my opinion of the song changes on a daily basis, one day I love it and the other I don't care for it, it lacks something to be truly amazing. :lana:

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: cute but way too repetitive. It still one of Gaga's best tracks.

Now: After listening to the whole album I think PI is thr second worst song, the fact that half of the song consists of Gaga repeating the same thing over and over kills it for me.

Million Reasons:

First Impression: Her best ballad, this one must be a single with a beautiful video. 

Now: Still her best ballad but don't get me started on that video thing. :awkney:

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression: Loved the bass line and the little touchs on the instrumental.

Now: Amazing track, that bridge is to die for and the lyrics are top notch. 

Come to Mama:

First Impression: my favorite song on the album. I fell in love with the lyrics and the melody of the song really fast. 

Now: Still the best song on the album. 

Hey Girl: 

First Impression: Tragic. Is this what Gaga and Florence came up with?

Now: Same.:lolly:

Angel Down:

First Impression: Almost cried because it was so beautiful. 

Now: Still love it but I don't listen to it as much as I do to the other songs. 

Grigio Girls:

First Impression: The chorus was my favorite moment on the entire album but the melody of the verses was boring imo.

Now: Gorgeous track that deserves to be on the standard edition. 

Just Another Day:

First Impression: Slay me Stefani. 

Now: Why is this not on the standard edition and Flop Girl is?

Joanne is definitely her best album and I love it so much.💚

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Xoxo Adriana

Diamond Heart: Loved it, still love it

A-Yo: I originally didn't like it, I have no idea why but it wasn't my cup of tea:giggle: Now I don't mind it, its still a good track to listen to if I run out of things to listen to.

Perfect Illusion: I wasn't a massive fan in the beginning, and I'm pretty sure the same went for most fans in the beginning. Now listening to the whole Joanne album and getting completely use to the new sound, I absolutely love this track, its definitely in my top favorite Joanne tracks

Million Reasons: I wasn't a fan of this, it reminded me of an Ed sheeran song, something like Thinking Out Loud:emma: (don't drag me, it was only a first impression!!) Now I adore this song, and always love the performances she puts on for this song!

John Wayne: I LOVED this. I reminded me of MJH for some reason and still does. The bridge kinda also reminds me of the Sexxx Dreams bridge. I still love this song, and the video is EVERYTHING.

Hey Girl: Weirdly enough use to be my favorite track off Joanne for some reason:awkney: I still love it and the lyrics, they're very uplifting and meaningful. I think everyone was also at the edge of their seats waiting for a Florence X Gaga collab (especially me). I don't mind it now, I guess bopping to this one too many times can be hard work.

Grigio Girls: I didn't like this song much, and I still don't really:nails:

Overall, I was not ready for an album like Joanne, but I still listen to it everyday and is definitely my favorite album out of all 5, actually I lied, TFM says hi:toofunny: 

I know, I didn't list all the tracks because that would've taken years 

Fiona Apple

I honestly remember how FLAWLESS Diamond Heart sounded and it's quite sad because now I don't see anything interesting about it

Hades

Diamond Heart:

First Impression: Overrated.

Now: It grew on me. No single material.

A-Yo: 

First Impression: One of my faves thought it could smash.

Now: Still love it.

Joanne:

First Impression: Bittersweet feelings. Sad but so beautiful.

Now: Still the same feelings.

John Wayne:

First Impression:  A crazy bop.

Now: A crazy bop with a great video.

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression: Standout.

Now: Still believe it can be a hit.

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: LOVE it.

Now: One of my most fave Gaga songs. Underrated af.

Million Reasons:

First Impression: One of her best ballads.

Now: Same but i don't wanna listen to it for now. Fed Up.

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression: Cute.

Now: Cute.

Come to Mama: 

First Impression: Sounds cheesy.

Now: It's not that bad. Have to be in the mood.

Hey Girl:

First Impression: Meh.

Now: Still don't care about it. Not my style. It's not that i find it bad just not for my style.

Angel Down:

First Impression: Great album track.

Now: Same.

Grigio Girls:

First Impression: DELETE THIS

Now: I deleted it since day 1.

Just Another Day:

Irrelevant

Diamond Heart

Before: :staymad:

After: :staymad:

A-Yo

After: :ladyhaha:

Joanne

Before: :cryga:

After: :cryga:+:gaysia:

John Wayne

Before: :staymad::rockstar:

Now: WHY ISN'T IT A SINGLE YET!!! :grr:

Dancin' In Circles

Before: :awkney:

After: :awkney:

After The SB: :awkney:+:stalkga:

Last Few Weeks: :firega::staymad::firega:

Perfect Illusion

Lauch: :what:

Before: tbh better than half of the album :icega:

Now: :staymad:+:reductive:

Million Reasons

Launch: .....:neyde: 

Before: A-Yo was better :trollga: #ARTPOPAGAIN

Now: it's no. 4, but I still don't like it that much :awkney:+:stalkga:

Sinner's Prayer

Dive Bar: wow so surprised omg :lolly:

Before: FORGETS EXISTENCE

Now: STILL FORGETS EXISTENCE

Come To Mama

Before: :madge:

Now: it's fine :lolga:

Hey Girl

Before: :madge:

Now: Single-Worthy AF :lolly: (still kinda hate it)

Angel Down

Now: :staymad: x 100000000000

Grigio Girls

Before: :music:

Now: *replaces Come To Mama with this*

Just Another Day

Before: thx you gaga for this underrated masterpiece:kara:

Now: *replaces Hey Girl with this*

Angel Down (Work Tape)

Spoiler

doing this would be unfair because I only heard a quarter of it :derpga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, Dr Evil said:

Grigio Girls:

Just Another Day:

you are barred from entering any of my megarates ever again :madge:

Spoiler

jk :madge:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

PerfectIllusion

Diamond Heart: 

First Impression: I loved it:wub:

Now: My fav on Joanne

A-Yo:

First Impression: better than dive bar version.

Now: nice bop

Joanne:

First Impression: loved it

Now: still love it

John Wayne:

First Impression: I didnt like JW

Now: i love the beat at the end:giveup:

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression: it was my fav

Now Its ok 

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: f***ing hated it

Now: f***ing love it:firega:

Million Reasons:

First Impression: i wasnt a fan of vocals.

Now: second best on Joanne

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression: worse than live version

Now: i live for it

Come to Mama: 

First Impression: LOVE IT

Now: LOVE IT

Hey Girl:

First Impression: Hated it

Now: love it!! That bridge!!

Angel Down:

First Impression: it was one of my faves

Now i can do without it tbh

Grigio Girls:

First Impression: MEH....

Now: MEH...

Just Another Day:

First Impression: Slay Stefani

Now: Stefani slayed :usrs:

notconfident

That's a very nice thread idea!

Diamond Heart
First impression: i'M SLAYED
Now: Idk I think I overlistened to it but I still like it very much

A-YO
First impression: I found it very good and catchy tbh
Now: I love it! It still gives me so much excitement and energy

Joanne
First impression: I lovedd it and I found it very emotional
Now: I don't usually listen to it actually, but I still love the song

John Wayne
First impression: As soon as I heard a leak of it, the song instantly became my favorite! Before that, I expected something like Sinner's Prayer because of the song title.
Now: Honestly not a big fan of it

Dancin' in Circles
First impression: I actually didn't like it at all and I didn't get why the others were so obsessed with the song
Now: It's probably the song I listen to the least :S

Perfect Illusion
First impression: I woke up at like 4:47 AM and I was so afraid I wouldn't like the song..and when the song started playing, in the middle of the song the radio stopped. I was so pissed. When I played it again I literally jumped of excitement because of the melody of "caught up in your show, yeah at least now I know", it just felt so ecstatic 
Now: I still love it! Even though it's probably the song I played the most on the album it's still my favorite Joanne bop

Million Reasons
First impression: I just found it very mediocre.
Now: I love itt, I still listen to it a lot

Sinner's Prayer
First impression: I thought it was good, but since A-YO and that one were first performed the same night I kinda payed more attention to A-YO.
Now: I don't listen to it much, but I think it's a great song.

Come To Mama
First impression: I found it fabulous!
Now: I still do!

Hey Girl
First impression: I found it cute, but I wasn't really a fan of its instrumental, I kinda found it boring
Now: I like it, but that's kinda it

Angel Down
First impression: I didn't really care for it tbh
Now: I still don't uh

Grigio Girls
First impression: I loved the chorus
Now:  I still listen to it sometimes, and I love it 

Just Another Day
First impression: Way better than I expected from the leak
Now: One of my faves actually!

Angel Down (work tape)
First impression: this wasn't really necessary was it
Now: I still don't get what she tried to do with this version, but I'm okay with it 

Reality

Diamond Heart:

First Impressions: I liked it, I thought it wasa great pop-rock song, and I thought it opened up the album well

Now: Pretty much the same

A-YO:

First Impressions: When I first heard it at the dive bar tour, I liked it, I didn't fall in love with it, but I liked the track

Now: When I heard the studio version, and listening to it now, I absolutely adore it. I still wish that they had chosen that as the second single, but you win some, you lose some :sweat:

Joanne:

First Impressions: I thought it was incredibly emotional, however, I wasn't in love with the track

Now: Still think it's incredibly emotional, but I'm starting to like the track a little bit more, that being said, it's still one of my least favorites from the ablum

John Wayne:

First Impressions: I fell in love with it; I thought it was one of the most amazing tracks on the album

Now: I've lost interest in it honestly. The video, though, spiked my interest in it again, but I still think it's a pretty overrated track

Dancin' In Circles:

First Impressions: This was the "Old Gaga" of the album, in my opinion. I love her new sound with Joanne, but it's nice to get a taste of the past every now and then, and Dancin' In Circles offered that. I loved it.

Now: I still love it. I think it definitely has single potential, and honestly, I'd be surprised if she doesn't make it a single.

Perfect Illusion:

First Impressions: The lead single! I loved it when I first heard it, it was certainly controversial though

Now: Nothing has changed, I still love the song, and in fact, I think I love it a bit more. It's definitely one of my favorite lead singles from her

Million Reasons:

First Impressions: This one's interesting because when I first heard it, I wasn't too keen of it whatsoever. I thought it was too "country" and the constant references to God in the chorus took me aback.

Now: I love this song, and while I said I would still like A-YO to be the second single, that doesn't mean I love this song. The country influences have gone away, in my opinion, and the religious references don't bother me as much.

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impressions: To be honest, I was underwhelmed when I heard this at the dive bar. I expected something much more rock-inspired instead of something very "country-esque".

Now: I think the studio version is much better than the live version, despite what a lot of people think, and I appreciate the song more now, but it's certainly not one of my favorites or anything.

Come To Mama:

First Impressions: LOVE! LOVE! LOVED THIS SONG! It was very 70s and Motown inspired, which I love. It also reminded me of The Beatles, which I love as well. 

Now: It's pretty much the same, definitely one of my favorites from this album

Hey Girl:

First Impressions: I was definitely underwhelmed with this track, and I think it's because I had such high hopes for it. I thought it would be more pop and upbeat.

Now: A compelte 180. I love this track now, and I think it's criminally underrated. Florence's voice with Gaga's, and the combination of the unique instrumentals are so divine.

Angel Down:

First Impressions: This was one of my favorites from the track as well. I thought it'd be my new "Dope" (I love that song, by the way, so this isn't me shading it or anything).

Now: If I'm being completely honest, I've sort of lost interest in it. I still love the song and its message, but I don't know, I just don't like it as much.

Grigio Girls:

First Impressions: I thought it was mediocre song. Nothing too special about it, though its message is so sweet and beautiful. It reminded me of Ho Hey by The Lumineers. 

Now: Pretty much the same.

Just Another Day:

First Impressions: I loved this song. I thought it was amazing, and it had those Beatles + David Bowie influences that I love. You could really tell that this song was Gaga.

Now: I've lost a little bit of interest in the song, sort of like Angel Down, but that doesn't mean that I still don't love the song. I just love it as much.

🃏🖤👹

Archived