💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your initial Opinions to Tracks on Joanne vs. Now

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga

Almost everyone who's listened to Joanne has said that they're opinions on tracks have completely changed the more they've listened to it, so post what you thought of each track the first time you heard it and your opinion of it now

You can just copy and paste this:

Spoiler

Diamond Heart:

First Impression:

Now:

A-Yo:

First Impression:

Now:

Joanne:

First Impression:

Now:

John Wayne:

First Impression:

Now:

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression:

Now:

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression:

Now:

Million Reasons:

First Impression:

Now:

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression:

Now:

Come to Mama:

First Impression:

Now:

Hey Girl:

First Impression:

Now:

Angel Down:

First Impression:

Now:

Grigio Girls:

First Impression:

Now:

Just Another Day:

First Impression:

Now:

Or you could just name a few tracks, you aren't required to go through the entire album

Diamond Heart:

First Impression: I couldn't get over how perfect the pre chorus was, it was one of my favorites on Joanne and thought it needed to become a single immediately 

Now: Its still one of my favorites, but I think if it was released as a single it'll be the Marry the Night of Joanne (it'll be a fan favorite but it'll flop hard [remember when #29 was flopping hard for Gaga :wtfga:])

A-Yo:

First Impression: I thought the first verse of "Blow it in your face" was weird, and actively campaigned for Million Reasons to replace it as a single

Now: Its grown on me, and I wish it was the lead for the era

Joanne:

First Impression: I thought it was ok, but I thought the chorus needed more substance than just "Girl where do you think you're going"

Now: I completely love it now, one of Gaga's best ballads to date

John Wayne:

First Impression: I was completely obsessed with the chorus, I didn't think Gaga would ever do something like this, and I thought it was really modern and cool.

Now: I've lost a lot of my interest in it and the chorus doesn't have me as shook (I'm relating to the youth) as it did the first month of listening to it

Dancin in Circles:

First Impression: I hated it, I thought it was way over hyped and it lacked a good chorus

Now: Its grown on me a lot, I still think she could've been more subtle with the masturbation themes by using metaphors, but other than that I think it should be the next single

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: My first listen I loved it bc of the excitement of a new Gaga song, and I continued to Love it. Then I started to hate it and think it was the worst track on Joanne

Now: I'm neutral towards it now, I still think its one of Joanne's weaker tracks, and I don't think it should've ever been a single, but its not as horrible as most would claim

Million Reasons: 

First Impression: I was pretty underwhelmed, I thought it was too repetitive. Then after a few listens it grew on me

Now: I still think its one of Gaga's better ballads, and its a #4 smash hit slay your faves ended careers Ratsmokers who? But bc I've streamed it so much I've literally become numb to it and I have no opinion when I listen to it bc its been ingrained into my mind

Sinner's Prayer:

First Impression: I liked the dive bar performance and was kinda let down by the studio version just because she didn't put as much emphasis on the line "Don't get mad can't blame a tramp for somethin he don't have". And I thought the album version sounded too clean, I thought it would've sounded better with a more acoustic live concert feel, less instruments

Now: I still think it'd sound better more stripped down, but I grew to love it

Come to Mama:

First Impression: This was the first song off Joanne that was a studio version bc a Youtube channel uploaded the Come to Mama snippet a few days before the album came out and it was the only video Interscope forgot to take down, so I loved it based on the hype of when I heard it

Now: The more I listened to it the more I loved it, and its probably my 2nd favorite on the album

Hey Girl:

First Impression: I was in shock when I heard it, I thought it would be a really simple and Joanne-esque duet, and I was not ready. I didn't really have an opinion on it

Now: I really like it now, and I don't think it deserves any of the hate that it gets

Angel Down:

First Impression: I thought it was the best song Gaga has ever made

Now: I think its the best song Gaga has ever made

Grigio Girls:

First Impression: I didn't mind it, but I really hated the line "A Texas girl real strong, taught me this strong song"

Now: I like it more now, but like Hey Girl I don't get all the hate for it

Just Another Day:

First Impression: I was in love with it when I heard the snippet of her singing it acoustically on that radio interview she did and was prepared for it to be my favorite Gaga song. When I heard the studio version, I was not impressed.

Now: I'm neutral towards it, but I don't think it'll ever live up the expectations I got when she first sang it

Jewels n Drugs

The album grew on me as a whole but i still cant stand the title track and cant see why some want it as a single :air:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

FrankGutz

Hey Girl then

cwtf.gif

Hey Girl now

cwtf.gif

Gagz & Florence did THAT!!  Hey Girlieber #1

hWnylxC.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, Jewels n Drugs said:

The album grew on me as a whole but i still cant stand the title track and cant see why some want it as a single :air:

just listen to it a few more times

whenever you have spare time just give it another listen

just quit your job to find more time to listen to it

abandon your relationships with friends and loved ones to make more time to listen to it, you don't need family when you have Joanne

just keep listening

keep listening, and don't stop listening, don't stop until the day you die

then I think it'll start to grow on you, most people like it for the emotion of it and the story behind it, I think its a simple and cute ballad I'm not sure if its single material but the GP sometimes likes songs like Joanne

Spoiler

that got too intense too fast

Jewels n Drugs
1 minute ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

just listen to it a few more times

whenever you have spare time just give it another listen

just quit your job to find more time to listen to it

abandon your relationships with friends and loved ones to make more time to listen to it, you don't need family when you have Joanne

just keep listening

keep listening, and don't stop listening, don't stop until the day you die

then I think it'll start to grow on you, most people like it for the emotion of it and the story behind it, I think its a simple and cute ballad I'm not sure if its single material but the GP sometimes likes songs like Joanne

Hide contents

that got too intense too fast

Ill burn my Red & Blue CD just to make more time for sis Joanne :derpga:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

stir the pot

First Impression: my favorites were Diamond Heart, A-yo, Joanne, Hey Girl and Sinner's Prayer.

Now: HEY GIRL HEY GIRL, WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!!!

kQ8Y700.gif

FrankGutz
3 minutes ago, Algorithm said:

First Impression: my favorites were Diamond Heart, A-yo, Joanne, Hey Girl and Sinner's Prayer.

Now: HEY GIRL HEY GIRL, WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!!!

kQ8Y700.gif

talent always wins

hWnylxC.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

PartySick

When I first heard PI, I actually disliked it :emma: turns out it's just 'cause the radio station played it in terrible quality 'cause the second time I heard it, I was blown away :whitney:

After it "won" the election, CTM doesn't sound the same. Not that I don't like it but I haven't listened to it much just 'cause it makes me think of Hillary and what should've been :giveup:

I loved every other track from the start and still do :gaycat:

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨

Poissonche

For me, the only one I needed to listen a couple times before actually liking it was Dancin' In Circles. It's not that it's bad or anything, it's just that people here who had listened to the Amazon thingy snippets, and eventually to the full leak overhyped it for me. I was prepared for the song of the millenium, but then it wasn't :emma:

But now I love it and it's one of my favourites!

Diamond Heart:

First Impression: :music:

Now: :lolly:

A-Yo:

First Impression: :gum:

Now: :queenga:

Joanne:

First Impression: :S

Now: :kara:

John Wayne:

First Impression: :madge:

Now: :rockstar:

Dancin' In Circles:

First Impression: :v:

Now: :v::v:

Perfect Illusion:

First Impression: :awkney:

Now: :firega:

Million Reasons:

First Impression: :sure:

Now: :trollga:

Sinner's Prayer: 

First Impression: :stalkga:

Now:  :lana:

Come to Mama:

First Impression: :laughga:

Now: :lolga:

Hey Girl: 

First Impression: :interestinga:

Now: :saladga:

Angel Down:

First Impression: :diane:

Now: :diane:

Grigio Girls: 

First Impression: :oprah:

Now: :fthis:

Just Another Day:

First Impression: :sis:

Now: :ladyhaha:

FrankGutz
5 minutes ago, Gagz said:

Come to Mama:

Now: :lolga:

Hey Girl:

Now: :saladga:

tumblr_obpogsB0FD1qbwzgwo1_250.gif

that remind me:

COME TO MAMA THEN & NOW

tumblr_obpogsB0FD1qbwzgwo1_250.gif

Squeeshy Keety

Diamond Heart:

Spoiler

First Impression: Meh, not my favorite

Now: GOOD THING I KNOW WHAT I"M WORRRRTH!!! :giveup:

A-Yo:

Spoiler

First Impression: Dive bar made me a believer in this era. MR had me scared she went full country ballad, and this gave me the first indication of Gaga's best album. I was emotional about it (bodily convulsion ensued)

Now: Great, awesome, fun, just not a viable a single :music:

Joanne:

Spoiler

First Impression: Tears. Everywhere. It was an interesting car ride to school :poot:

Now: I only cry when I think deeply about the lyrics, but most of the time I see the joy more than the sadness

Perfect Illusion:

Spoiler

First Impression: Skeptical on my first listen, but I was never disappointed by it. Second time (and well into my 30th listen for the day) had me hyped :air:

Now: Modern masterpiece :fthis:

Sinner's Prayer:

Spoiler

First Impression: I can see myself getting into this...maybe 

Now: Gaga is the queen of westerns! Sign her up for True Grit 2!!! 

Come to Mama:

Spoiler

First Impression: Tears. Lost it at "we were all living in the jungle" :toofunny: (Did I mention I'm a mess)

Now: Her best song. Everything about it is flawless

Grigio Girls:

Spoiler

First Impression: "It's alright"

Now: Intense sobbing

The rest have stayed mostly unchanged besides falling deeper in love with them. Her best album to date :diane:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Ooolong

Diamond Heart:

Then: I thought it was a bomb track and one of my favorites but not that impressive. 

Now: Same, except the chorus just keeps getting better. :giveup: 

A-YO: 

Then: Strongly disliked it and prayed to God it wasn't the second single. 

Now: It's okay, I'm not mad at it. I really enjoy the live performances of it so far. 

Joanne: 

Then: Not really a fan at all, I thought it was boring and I hated the acoustic guitar. Thought it'd sound better as a piano ballad.

Now: Still same except now I love to sing along with the chorus and the bridge MURDERS ME. :giveup:

John Wayne: 

Then: BOP. 

Now: BOP WITH GREAT VIDEO. :giveup: 

Dancin' in Circles:

Then: Fun, sex bop but a bit repetitive and therefore tiring after a few listens. Need breaks in between listening to it.

Now: Same as then.

Perfect Illusion: 

Then: Vocal rock-ish bop that pumps me up.

Now: Same!

I'm too tired to finish the rest. :rip: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, Ooolong said:

John Wayne: 

Then: BOP. 

Now: BOP WITH GREAT VIDEO. :giveup: 

hahahaha love u, me too :giveup: 

Helxig

Loved them all, Angel Down and Joanne made me cry. 

Still love them all. Grigio Girls at the dive bar tour has since made me cry.

Overall: music doesn't often touch me in the way those 3 songs have, if ever. Every song on Joanne is at least good, if not amazing. Great replay value, great meanings, great poetry. Solid, solid album from Gaga. An album that I never knew I wanted, but which I'm so glad I have.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived