💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How Would PF and BR Chart Today?

Debithius

Featured Posts

Debithius

What do you guys think? How would PF and BR chart if Gaga released them today?  I know that Gaga released her music at a time when Pop music needed some reinvetion but what do you guys think? Do you think that PF and BR would not/be as popular today? 

I feel like these songs are timeless. You can't really hear the age on PF and definitely not on BR. That's why I think they would still do well today, maybe not as well but still, probably to the point of Dark Horse and Roar. 

tomsches

They would do just as well as Perfect Illusion or Million Reasons. People are tired of Gaga and radio doesn't want to play her either. So it doesn't matter what kind of song she released today, it would still not be a smash hit like BR and PF back then.

McMonster08

Considering that streaming matters today, BR would definitely get the #1 it deserved.

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, tomsches said:

They would do just as well as Perfect Illusion or Million Reasons. People are tired of Gaga and radio doesn't want to play her either. So it doesn't matter what kind of song she released today, it would still not be a smash hit like BR and PF back then.

are you on the right website? Also check the chart thread, radio is playing million reasons a lot actually :bye: 

Musery

dopega

It would flop faster than you can say Ferrari :stalkga:

Jk :cryga: like @tomsches already said, it would propably do as fine as her recent singles.

Even tho I don't agree with that 'People are tired of Gaga and radio doesn't want to play her either' part. 

Luxe Ford

Bad Romance would chart even if she wore a beef burka. Honestly it's a fail-proof song.

Poker Face is so hook-ey it should chart well as well, I think. Wasn't it Gertrude Stein who once wrote 'a hit is a hit is a hit' ?

Edited to add that no matter how they would have charted today, she wouldn't get to the status she had then. I love her to death, but she's nowhere near as interesting a phenomenon as she was in 2009-10.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

gagagoogoose

NO 1 ofc. Bad Romance was robbed of the No 1. It's a viral video but streaming didn't count then. What a tragic mess

JustAnotherDay

If she was at the same point of time in her career they would be even bigger with streaming, but I have no idea if they were released now

was NickARTPOP

Yuuri
12 minutes ago, dopega said:

It would flop faster than you can say Ferrari :stalkga:

Jk :cryga: like @tomsches already said, it would propably do as fine as her recent singles.

Even tho I don't agree with that 'People are tired of Gaga and radio doesn't want to play her either' part. 

Neither do I, in the gp's world she's been absent since Applause. Sure her career could have been stretched out, making it not as overplayed.

PerfectIllusion

PF would sound a little dated but BR is still fresh af it would be #1 because kesha is not releasing :usrs:

BeerFear

BR, PF and JD are her only songs which would smash no matter during what music trend they are released. They are just soo insanely catchy that people would eat them up anytime even now when tropical house rules everything

there is a reason why still these are her most successful songs 9 years into her career

littlepotter
56 minutes ago, tomsches said:

radio doesn't want to play her either.

Delulu

chaeri pls

Archived