💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

GagaRunTheWorld

Requesting songs won't get the kind of spins you need to get a song into the top 40. Also, radio probably wouldn't play the song because it would obviously be a fan effort rather than the public if they get flooded with requests to play TEOG or whatever

so there is no point in requesting at all? i thought if i request it will boost sales for +1-3 songs/albums

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Nagini

Me too! I'm currently rooting for an infusion of classical music in Gaga's next album :)

The violins in Telephone :legend:

Hoping for more music like that! :)

saltface

so there is no point in requesting at all? i thought if i request it will boost sales for +1-3 songs/albums

I wouldn't bother. Keeping Gaga off radio means her comeback will be more exciting :)

Lion Heart

I CAN'T ANYMORE. I CHECKED ITUNES. WIDE AWAKE IS #5 :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

RIP Gaga's career. violin-011.gif

I'm not gonna lie, I like Wide Awake.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Sexxx

I CAN'T ANYMORE. I CHECKED ITUNES. WIDE AWAKE IS #5 :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

How... This is the problem when you don't check the US Charts thread for 4 months and then BOOM Katy still has a hold in the singles chart. Pathetic.

Phlop

Requesting Gaga songs doesnt work at all. You and I and MTN were requested like crazy, and most of us tried to cheat the system by requesting other non-Gaga songs, and they still were not able to be found on radios. We did surveys, and most of us were really honest about the other songs on the surveys as well.

DJs play what they want to play. I bet you the average person is NOT requesting Katy or Adele, since most people cant be bothered with requesting or don't even know how to request. I'm almost certain Capitol pays for most of Katy's spins so they get the initial surge of popularity, and once it becomes popular, DJs play it more.

The sad part is, radio can make or break a song tbh, and it sucks that most DJs are unwilling to play Gaga songs. Even at clubs, I rarely hear her music outside gay clubs.

Edited by Phlop
BYE

Shadow

Requesting Gaga songs doesnt work at all. You and I and MTN were requested like crazy, and most of us tried to cheat the system by requesting other non-Gaga songs, and they still were not able to be found on radios. We did surveys, and most of us were really honest about the other songs on the surveys as well.

DJs play what they want to play. I bet you the average person is NOT requesting Katy or Adele, since most people cant be bothered with requesting or don't even know how to request. I'm almost certain Capitol pays for most of Katy's spins so they get the initial surge of popularity, and once it becomes popular, DJs play it more.

The sad part is, radio can make or break a song tbh, and it sucks that most DJs are unwilling to play Gaga songs. Even at clubs, I rarely hear her music outside gay clubs.

Are DJs that powerful, or is it about copyright laws and money? Who pays the bigger price for exposure...

Put your hands up... 🖤

Oyemiamor

I didn't realize that DMB had new music out. I really like this song, the instruments and how they are all put together is spectacular! I hope they can get some attention like they used to have and get top 10!

Gaucho -

Oyemiamor

HDD was predicting a bit of an increase in sales for Adele this week because of the TV special. John Mayer gets his second week at #1! Let's see how the Beach Boys, Neil Young and Joe Walsh (from the Eagles) fair this week.

1 1JOHN MAYERCOLUMBIA 67,449-71% BORN AND RAISED

2 2ADELEXL/COLUMBIA 58,368+9% 21

5 3ONE DIRECTIONSYCO/COLUMBIA 41,178+14% UP ALL NIGHT

-- 4REGINA SPEKTORSIRE 38,738-- WHAT WE SAW FROM THE CHEAP SEATS

3 5CARRIE UNDERWOOD19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 31,552-30% BLOWN AWAY

1013NORAH JONESBLUE NOTE/EMI 16,279-38% LITTLE BROKEN HEARTS

2114NICKI MINAJYM/CM/UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 15,825-13% PINK FRIDAY... ROMAN RELOADED

1125ADAM LAMBERT19/RCA 11,340-52% TRESPASSING

--28PHILLIP PHILLIPS19 RECORDINGS 10,806-- JOURNEY TO THE FINALE

3029RIHANNADEF JAM/IDJ 10,571-9% TALK THAT TALK

saltface

You & I was actually a US radio hit, so.

You and I really surpassed my expectations radio-wise, I was so sure they'd reject it

Americano

Are DJs that powerful, or is it about copyright laws and money? Who pays the bigger price for exposure...

Z100 in NYC and KIIS FM in LA are both really powerful stations.

Sexxx

That's it, one of us has to become a really big DJ in a really big nightclub and play lotsa Gaga. :crossed: