💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

I think Carly has the potential. It all depends on what she does now...she doesn't have an album out in the US yet, does she? At least, not one with CMM on it (I think). I prefer her over Katy, tbh.

Yeah, after this hit. She either delivers another smashing single, or a great album.

And no, I haven't heard about her album.

What? All you've heard was one song by her. :dies:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

she doesn't have an album out in the US yet

No, she preparing one for the fall. That's why it's hard to call her future - we don't know what the follow-up singles will be.

I like the fact that she has a background as an acoustic singer-songwriter type, but her tastes are moving more to current pop. Good combo.

Valentino

Cher and Madonna had to re-invent themselves musically to survive so long.

If Beyonce keeps making albums like 4, it will be like Madonna trying to sell Like a Virgin and True Blue music in mid-90s

ETA - that's from a pop radio perspective, Bey could be a success on Urban with R&B but it wouldn't cross over like before.

You know I lubb you Craig, and I do see your point, I do, but, I stand by my former statement. At this point I think Bey can do whatever she wants and get away with it - she's just that great of an entertainer.

'4' was not a misstep in production, it was a misstep in promotion. If Bey'd chosen 'EOT' as the lead single instead, there's no doubt in my mind it would've turned out to be her biggest hit to date, and the album would've sold better.

If she gives up an album full of 'EOT's like I get the feeling she's planning to do, she'll be back stronger than ever, I can promise ya'll that!

SnAC2.gif

RabbitHeart

Yeah, after this hit. She either delivers another smashing single, or a great album.

And no, I haven't heard about her album.

What? All you've heard was one song by her. :dies:

She has an older album that I thought was pretty decent (from what I heard off it). But CMM is a different direction. I meant personality wise, vocally, persona, etc. I currently like her better than Katy :nacho:

'4' was not a misstep in production, it was a misstep in promotion. If Bey'd chosen 'EOT' as the lead single instead, there's no doubt in my mind it would've turned out to be her biggest hit to date, and the album would've sold better.

4 is her best album to date, IMO :P

"I grew up with James Taylor and Van Morrison so my roots naturally led to that when I began writing and I will forever have a love for that music," she begins when describing her upcoming album, expected in September. "My tastes are changing and what my ear is attracted to are the La Rouxs, Robyns, and Dragonettes of the world. I guess if you combine my love of Van Morrison and James Taylor with my new love of Robyn and La Roux, and whatever 'Call Me Maybe' is, [that signals what] is coming up."

Carly Rae in Billboard interview

RabbitHeart

Carly Rae in Billboard interview

Hmm...that could either go wonderfully...or terribly :sweat:

I agree! Ooooh!

I think if she makes an album just as good (or better) than 4, with a similar style, but with more organized and promoted single choices, it'll smash :cool: I never understood why she performed LOT at the VMAs and DIDN'T release it as a single right away :cry: it was in the top 10 and everything.

Valentino

I think if she makes an album just as good (or better) than 4, with a similar style, but with more organized and promoted single choices, it'll smash :cool: I never understood why she performed LOT at the VMAs and DIDN'T release it as a single right away :cry: it was in the top 10 and everything.

The entire era was a mess, just one bad decision after another. :fail:

And yes, I agree with everything you said. :flutter:

Pubichair

Hey Quick question how come I can't start new threads??? This is weird, did they change the rules or something?

Kermit the frog

Hey Quick question how come I can't start new threads??? This is weird, did they change the rules or something?

You need 50 posts :)

RabbitHeart

The entire era was a mess, just one bad decision after another. :fail:

And yes, I agree with everything you said. :flutter:

So glad I'm not alone :sweat: as much as I love Countdown, it just doesn't sound like a song radio would pick up :P EOT and Start Over are more...radio songs.

Valentino

So glad I'm not alone :sweat: as much as I love Countdown, it just doesn't sound like a song radio would pick up :P EOT and Start Over are more...radio songs.

I agree with that too. Everyone on The Hive dragged me for saying it wouldn't do well on radio. :sweat:

I don't know how well it would've performed, but I wish 'I Care' (my favorite track off '4') would've been a single too.