💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Valentino

Well this is the Charts thread, and what other way is there to compare right now???

-_- That's not my point. Compared to Katy's "flavor of the month" tracks, BTW's singles are "EXPERIMENTAL"!mQ025.gif Yoü can't compare the two.

Edited by Valentino

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

boysboysboys

her Vevo views have just stopped completely

Excuse me, but her VEVO gets more than 1M per day. That's not bad at all, considering others are doing worse.

Maybe because Katy's 7th single is set to go top 3 while Gaga's 5th went top 30? Sorry but the #s are the #s.

You can't critique numbers if you can't absorb irony.

Americano

Straw man fallacy. The discussion was about popularity within the US charts (as this is the US charts thread) this era.

My Part of Me argument and TD re-release first week numbers are both US, boo.

Where'd BTW (single) end up certification wise, in the US, versus PoM?

How much did TD (the album) sell per month versus BTW (album).

tumblr_lduz0nlWCc1qffv0vo1_500.gif

jhonyguy04

You keep ignoring the fact it's a re-release. :rofl:

Lets talk numbers then, buddy.

How's Katy's Twitter? She's less popular there. She has less YT views overall.

What was the re-releases opening week sales? Oh, right, less than 40k.

Where did PoM end up?

Oh, not even 2x platinum. What about worldwide? Oh wait, I remember now, PoM was a non-event in a lot of the world just like WA currently is outside of the US!

Numbers are numbers. She's a local b---h with little touring power as well, which you've yet to bring up.

How did her flop TD garbage tour match up to TMB or now TBTWB's numbers?

Billboard Box Office will gladly direct you to her lack of touring ability when stacked up against Lady Gaga's monstrous and growing cash flow.

What were her peaks in Japan or France? How'd her album sell outside of the US in general? Oh, less than 5 million copies? BTW sold almost 9 million WITH those flop singles.

Again, numbers are numbers.

I'm not even bringing up Google searches, media reporting per year, etc.

tumblr_lduz0nlWCc1qffv0vo1_500.gif

lol lmao!! he got told!!

Americano

-_- That's not my point. Compared to Katy's "flavor of the month" tracks, BTW's singles are "EXPERIMENTAL"!mQ025.gif Yoü can't compare the two.

It has NOTHING to do with that. It's the fact he's comparing a re-released album to a one cycle record.

That's not how the music industry works at all.

If WA were the 7th single off of the original TD, it'd be outside the Top 40.

boysboysboys

Straw man fallacy. The discussion was about popularity within the US charts (as this is the US charts thread) this era, not Google or twitter views.

You just did that fallacy a while ago. We were talking about Wide Awake per se and you had to drag Gaga and other singles into it.

Do you really stan for Gaga? Because that is the bottom line of this forum, not the numbers.

jhonyguy04

Straw man fallacy. The discussion was about popularity within the US charts (as this is the US charts thread) this era, not tours, Google or twitter views.

and her tour was ok but not like TMB even with all those hit singles.

It has NOTHING to do with that. It's the fact he's comparing a re-released album to a one cycle record.

thats true. how come she didnt release something originally on her proper album.

Americano

So about how Lady Gaga's next single is going to wipe Part of Me and Wide Awake off the face of the music landscape, sales wise worldwide?

If you're gonna shade, at least know what you're talking about.

Edited by Americano

jhonyguy04

So about how Lady Gaga's next single is going to wipe Part of Me and Wide Awake off the face of the music landscape, sales wise worldwide?

If you're gonna shade, at least know what you're talking about.

i smell a troll, and its not you Americano.

Valentino

Well what I took from what he said, is that he's comparing the chart success of Katy's first five TD singles to BTW's. And that's not fair at all. :)

i smell a troll, and its not you Americano.

Smelling...nevermind. :sweat:

Americano

I rarely go into stan-mode with Gaga. You have to be really inaccurate for me to do that.

Klou

Wide Awake is still #4. You guys always forget the clean versions for songs count too.

1 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe 1.0000

2 Maroon 5 - Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa) 0.7772

3 Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (feat. Kimbra) 0.6500

4 Katy Perry - Wide Awake 0.6125

Edited by Klou

Jase

more like Hi, Wide Awake -- because it's climbing baby. bmJ87.png

And yes it's a great song and not mindless. it's empowerment, like Marry the Night.

Nah, it's awful

Americano

I actually like Wide Awake and bought it myself, so that wasn't even the issue with this entire debate.

It's the fact people are falsely discrediting BTW's album sales, which is obnoxious and inaccurate.

Come at anything OTHER than the album numbers, because this is the era she proved she can pull those out without blockbuster radio support.

POM went #1. That's a number. TD re-release, lmao was a flop. But its singles keep rising the charts. Wouldn't it be more apt to compare CG to BTW? CG = 5 million in the US (just digital sales) vs. BTW's 3.7 million US digital sales.

Actually, if you're flipping all the way back to CG, it's more accurate to compare Bad Romance to it.

I don't think you wanna do that. Especially globally.

:rofl:

You'll ignore PoM's total sales because they suck, but then you'll bring up BTW which is almost 4x to compare it to CG.

Talk about a cheap debate.

Edited by Americano