💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You and I Appreciation Post

Princess Stache

Featured Posts

Princess Stache

Okay I've thought about it for years and I think I've finally made my decision.  You and I is my FAVORITE Gaga song, and arguably her best.  I love the rock-ballad feel with pop elements and the lyrics are so well-written.  The music video is stellar, and it did pretty well with the GP, but I wish it got the same attention Bad Romance got.  Such an iconic song.

tumblr_mg88902XL11ql9217o4_500.gif

SEANGT

You and I was the Million Reasons of the Born This Way era. It probably got more exposure than any other single just because she was playing it live for years. 

blackcoffee

Yes, yes, YES! Totally there with ya. It's Top 2 favorite Gaga song for me with The Edge of Glory being the other (those two switch based on mood for top spot).

Yoü and I is seriously such a great song. The lyrics are SO well written and the production and music is just perfect. I too love that country-rock-pop ballad sound that only Gaga can pull off in these times. It's just so classic and amazing. 

The song actually did really well here in America and I remember when it was on radio, A LOT of my friends that are not Gaga fans always talked about how they loved Yoü and I. 

Gaga loves the song too. She performed it alongside Bad Romance in multiple performances last year. It's classic, it's Gaga.

InsideOutright

The other day, I was at a restaurant with an Ami jukebox, which streams music and has Gaga's entire discography. I played several Gaga songs that I felt fit the "sports bar" atmosphere and the last one I played was You and I. It was the only song that other people in the restaurant reacted to. A waitress was bopping to it and a teenage boy at the table behind me was whistling it even after it finished playing. :trollga:

Psychic Guru

Yesss this song is excellent and a classic! My friends (who don't listen to pop music) are obsessed with You and I a lot. It's just so beautifully written and Gaga wrote it only by herself!! 

Dirtyicecreamz

fav song. born this way is literally one of the best albums to ever be made

Stop the music, Start the drama.

I love YOÜ and I, its such an iconic gaga song.

I'm sure she'll also perform it at JOANNE WORLD TOUR :excited2:

loving you is cherry pie ♥

YourWhiskyMouth

Her best song in my opinion. I feel like it's the song that's the most her. Personal lyrics, singalong melody, huge stadium rock sound, classic but still modern, and at the core of it all is just pure talent carrying the song. I hope it's remembered and considered a pop rock classic one day like Born to Run, We Will Rock You, Piano Man, Edge of Seventeen etc.

Fernster7

Definitely top 5 in her discography. It's such a beautiful and honest song. The melody is everything. I hope she makes more songs like Y&I.:giveup:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

alejandreaux

My favorite Gaga song, and my favorite song by anyone, period. :giveup:

JupiterDrive

definitely in my top 5 gaga songs and the video is my 2nd favorite after teog

what a ground shaking era that was

EmiRivington

Yup, I love that song. The video is amazing. And I love it that it has Queen vibes mostly on the backing vocals and the guitar. It´s right down perfect that Brian May is the one on the guitar on that track. Feels completely organic.

Also, Gaga said on her first Howard Stern interview that it's the best song that she ever wrote (Don´t know if she still thinks that). 

And it's always good to remember everyone that Born This Way is one of the best albums of all time. Period. 

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

Archived