other

American Life Megarate Results | Winner: Nothing Fails

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

That J
Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

Why don't people like Like A Prayer (the album)? It's full of gems 

my faves are: Like A Prayer, Confessions, American Life/Music tie

I put LAP in my top 3.   It's just the epitome of classic.   If you were of age during that time, you REALLY get it. Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MonsterJames333 said:

They have all been great for different reasons. Like Gaga, I recommend going to a Madonna show because it's a blast and you'll love it. 

I wanted to so bad but I could not pay $350 it was too much

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

American Life

nXmQv2h.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

IM SHOOOKETHHH

AND

DISSAPPIOINTEETH

yall failed rebel queen Madonna u dont deserve ha :diane:

1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

American Life

nXmQv2h.gif

Highest rate: 11 - @erotica

Lowest rate: 5 - @androiduser

Comments:

Love the rap, chorus is a bit weak, love the lyrics, I don't like the parts where she's supposedly starting to sing the chorus but then she's like "**** it". Try hard alert. It's a great song overall. - @Antonio

Pure rebellious Madonna is at it again and opens this deeply personal album with this raging f - @DevilHeart

Brilliant lyrics, a perfect critic to our society and a timeless message, I believe this song will be relevent as long as humans are still humans. Also has the most iconiqué bridge ever made. Madge the rapper, live for her flow :lolly: The song's production is also very good, the distortion, specially in the end makes total sense in its context. - @Johny Wayne

The little song that could, American Life got off to a slow start with critics calling it anything but good. However, like some of Madonna's underrated moments, the song feels more timely now than ever.    Add with it one of the best music videos of all time and the title track becomes a can't miss folk meets electronic swirling number for the ages   - @MonsterJames333

The instrumental is life! Bridge, chorus, verses are everything.  Too bad it did not do better (chart-wise) but I can see why it did not do well. The bridge is iconic too, I love rapping it at karaoke. F.ck it! Do you think I'm satisfied?  :giveup: - @xtine

This song is so weird but cool at the same time. I love her ballsiness in choosing this as the first single. The electronic beats mixed with the acoustic guitar represent something very new for the time and I wish it was more appreciated then. Also, it’s been 14 years and the lyrics still sound relevant. The rap verse mocking the banalization of that movement is the most brilliant thing, too bad Hard Candy came years later. - @bio

This was a big risk in Madonna's career which resulted to a wide radio ban and killed her popularity. This track shows how **** the American Dream is when you have to change yourself in order to be accepted or popular. The message is very brave. - @dr evil

the meltdowns :lolly:

Antonio
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

American Life

nXmQv2h.gif

Highest rate: 11 - @Erotica

Lowest rate: 5 - @androiduser

Comments:

Love the rap, chorus is a bit weak, love the lyrics, I don't like the parts where she's supposedly starting to sing the chorus but then she's like "**** it". Try hard alert. It's a great song overall. - @Antonio

Pure rebellious Madonna is at it again and opens this deeply personal album with this raging f - @DevilHeart

Brilliant lyrics, a perfect critic to our society and a timeless message, I believe this song will be relevent as long as humans are still humans. Also has the most iconiqué bridge ever made. Madge the rapper, live for her flow :lolly: The song's production is also very good, the distortion, specially in the end makes total sense in its context. - @Johny Wayne

The little song that could, American Life got off to a slow start with critics calling it anything but good. However, like some of Madonna's underrated moments, the song feels more timely now than ever.    Add with it one of the best music videos of all time and the title track becomes a can't miss folk meets electronic swirling number for the ages   - @MonsterJames333

The instrumental is life! Bridge, chorus, verses are everything.  Too bad it did not do better (chart-wise) but I can see why it did not do well. The bridge is iconic too, I love rapping it at karaoke. F.ck it! Do you think I'm satisfied?  :giveup: - @xtine

This song is so weird but cool at the same time. I love her ballsiness in choosing this as the first single. The electronic beats mixed with the acoustic guitar represent something very new for the time and I wish it was more appreciated then. Also, it’s been 14 years and the lyrics still sound relevant. The rap verse mocking the banalization of that movement is the most brilliant thing, too bad Hard Candy came years later. - @bio

This was a big risk in Madonna's career which resulted to a wide radio ban and killed her popularity. This track shows how **** the American Dream is when you have to change yourself in order to be accepted or popular. The message is very brave. - @dr evil

omg YAS! It was my lowest out of the songs that were left, and it was a 9.25 default_ny133.gif

Here for Intervention being next default_ny133.gif

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Lucas

Erotica = Ray Of Light = American Life > Confessions > Like A Prayer = True Blue > Music > Hard Candy > MDNA = Rebel Heart = Bedtime Stories > Madonna > Like A VIrgin

shoful
4 minutes ago, MonsterJames333 said:

I feel you!!!   My first Madonna concert was Drowned World, then Re-Invention, Sticky Sweet, MDNA and Rebel Heart.   Confessions didn't come anywhere close to me.  Grrrrrrrr.  Blah!!  Lol.  It's one of her best ever. 

My sister went to Confessions and said it was mediocre. I almost punched her :toofunny:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

1 minute ago, MonsterJames333 said:

I put LAP in my top 3.   It's just the epitome of classic.   If you were of age during that time, you REALLY get it. Lol

I was 6 when LAP was out :giggle:

That J
1 minute ago, Johny Wayne said:

Kudos to everyone but me  There's even a mistake in the way I structured one of the sentences 

You're the king of comments, but sometimes I feel like you could be a bit harsher.

There's not a song on the album I HATE so it's hard to be harsh.  There were a few negative tones tho.  One may be coming lol

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

when will u show ROY a little love? just a little :diane:

never jj3.png

shoful
Just now, GagaInTheZone said:

Erotica = Ray Of Light = American Life > Confessions > Like A Prayer = True Blue > Music > Hard Candy > MDNA = Rebel Heart = Bedtime Stories > Madonna > Like A VIrgin

Omg your top 5 are mine!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

That J

I find American Life to be a fun song to blast while you're driving.  I had ZERO clue where it would fall here tho as it's either loved or hated but I'm ok with #6.  There's better songs 

That J
1 minute ago, Dr Evil said:

My 11 is still unbothered.:giggle:

Same! 

Archived