Donatella is the only bad song

J&D is not that bad really

45 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Joanne has no bad songs imo :)

You are me :wtfga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

DeanWinchester
16 minutes ago, Haldy said:

No amount of delusion can convince anyone here that 'Jewels N Drugs' was anything but a hot, stinking mess

It's called liking other genres

e87a13135e79d91516fe02ac3318c64d.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

blackcoffee

Depends on your musical taste.

For me, the majority of the album is really bad, especially when like half of them weren't  even written by Gaga and they just seem so, inauthentic to her and who she is. She's always been inspired by the classics and you could always hear it in her music, especially BTW and now Joanne, but not in AP. That's one thing I've loved the most about her since I first found out about her in 2007/08. 

My standom definitely went down during the AP era, but Cheek to a Cheek brought me back. Those bad songs, to me, are:

Aura, G.U.Y., Jewels N' Drugs (taking the  crown of worst Gaga song ever for me), Swine, Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, and Dope (although I loved the original version of this song). 

I can tolerate Venus, MANiCURE, and Applause because they're just so campy and have a couple of great highlights in them.

Really enjoy the groovy beats of Sexxx Dreams (although the weird mixing keeps me from loving it), Fashion! (original demo way better but I like it), ARTPOP, and Do What U Want. 

Only real standout track for me is Gypsy. Other than that song, I wouldn't mind if she never performed any songs from AP ever again. Different strokes!

Haldy
18 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

It's called liking other genres

e87a13135e79d91516fe02ac3318c64d.gif

It's called song quality.

Gaga's dabbled in other genres plenty of times with great results. R&B with DWUW? Amazing. Jazz with C2C? Flawless. Country with Joanne? Absolutely spot on. Heavy Metal at the Grammys? She slaughtered it.

The music quality never slipped. But Jewels n Drugs wasn't just a slip in quality, that was a TRAINWRECK. Let's not fool ourselves here and say it's because it was hip-hop. It's because it was awful, hands down the only bad song in her catalogue. The truth. :gaycat:

N a t h a n

Honestly, It's the last album I will go to of hers for music.

I LOVE Venus and DWYW but... the album is super super produced, like too much going on.

1 minute ago, blackcoffee said:

Depends on your musical taste.

For me, the majority of the album is really bad, especially when like half of them weren't  even written by Gaga and they just seem so, inauthentic to her and who she is. She's always been inspired by the classics and you could always hear it in her music, especially BTW and now Joanne, but not in AP. That's one thing I've loved the most about her since I first found out about her in 2007/08. 

My standom definitely went down during the AP era, but Cheek to a Cheek brought me back. Those bad songs, to me, are;

Aura, G.U.Y., Jewels N' Drugs (taking the  crown of worst Gaga song ever for me), Swine, Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, and Dope (although I loved the original version of this song). 

I can tolerate Venus, MANiCURE, and Applause because they're just so campy and have a couple of great highlights in them.

Really enjoy the groovy beats of Sexxx Dreams (although the mixing keeps me from loving it), Fashion! (original demo way better but I like it), ARTPOP, and Do What U Want. 

Only real standout track for me is Gypsy. Other than that song, I wouldn't mind if never performed any songs from AP ever again. Different strokes!

What's so bad in Aura? If anything it was like nothing else before at a time. Like diva pop and complextro who can beat that. While Gypsy screams cheap trash but yeah tastes differ.

My bad song choices are: G.U.Y. , JnD, MANiCURE, Donatella

August Blue
1 hour ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Donatella is the only bad song

wax-vac-.jpg 

55 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Fashion is the worst. 

waxvac.gif 

blackcoffee
13 minutes ago, mic said:

What's so bad in Aura? If anything it was like nothing else before at a time. Like diva pop and complextro who can beat that. While Gypsy screams cheap trash but yeah tastes differ.

My bad song choices are: G.U.Y. , JnD, MANiCURE, Donatella

The laugh, the verses, her voice, the bridge, and the production is not my musical taste AT ALL (complextro is a great term for it). Those are just all so bad to me. The one redeeming quality about it is the killer chorus, which is killer halfway through when the heavy electronics come in. 

With Gypsy, it was her live performances of the song that made it a standout to me.

DeanWinchester
13 minutes ago, Haldy said:

But Jewels n Drugs wasn't just a slip in quality, that was a TRAINWRECK. Let's not fool ourselves here and say it's because it was hip-hop. It's because it was awful, hands down the only bad song in her catalogue. The truth. :gaycat:

LMAO at this logic. Her vocals were great, the theme fits the album, the instrumentals are amazing and is one of the most psychedelic in the album. Could it have been done by one or two rappers max? Maybe. That doesn't make it bad. The song flows with adrenaline and that is its job.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Haldy
12 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

LMAO at this logic. Her vocals were great, the theme fits the album, the instrumentals are amazing and is one of the most psychedelic in the album. Could it have been done by one or two rappers max? Maybe. That doesn't make it bad. The song flows with adrenaline and that is its job.

If you can admit it has too many rappers, I can admit I enjoy some of the production.

Just some. :gaycat:

Ferrer Zorola

I can't find a bad ARTPOP song either. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

imo jewels n drugs is better than many fan favorites 

The one I like the least would be dope but it's necessary since the album needed a slow tempo song 

LIFE IS GOOD

Luxe Ford

Not any bad songs, just a few I don't like much. I can't listen to Dope without cringing if I don't feel really bad about life in general, and I usually feel even worse afterwards.

Donatella is pretty brainless also, and not in a good way. 

I usually skip Gipsy for some reason. Its synthetic vanilla ice cream.

But I love ARTPOP with a vengeance and have lots of great memories from that era. Some painful as well, but that's life. Hey, ho.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Lucas

All about personal taste. I think that Jewels & Drugs is awful, and that MANiCURE, Donatella, Fashion! and Dope are really meh

Archived