Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why......

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

........did Gaga release the version of DWUW with R Kelly rather than the version with Christina? I'm genuinely curious :huh:

The version with Xtina is so powerful and sounds like a fuccking anthem. It would have become a huge radio hit if it was chosen as the lead. I love Applause but you can't compare it to songs like Born This Way and Bad Romance, while I think the version of DWUW with Xtina is as almost as epic as those songs :firega:

Antonio

R. Kelly's vocals are so soothing and fitting in the track, it would've been a bigger radio hit than xtina's version because it's not easy-listening kind of music, radio friendly.

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Sepsami

DWUW with R. Kelly would've done much better though..

:madge: Honestly truly, the smash hit and first #1 since BTW that got away :saladga:

666 others

Have you heard her solo version? That too is iconic, and of course the Christina feature too. I find the R. Kelly version the weakest (not to mention the unnecessary fiasco it caused). If she used either the Xtina feature or the solo version it would have probably saved the ARTPOP era.

Spoiler

:holyshit:

The Xtina version didn't exist until long after the song was already out. :shrug: So that wasn't really an option.

And yet, two of the replies above seem to have misread the question backwards, as well as not remembering this.

Drin Lon
3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

DWUW with R. Kelly would've done much better though..

:madge: Honestly truly, the smash hit and first #1 since BTW that got away :saladga:

9 minutes ago, Antonio said:

R. Kelly's vocals are so soothing and fitting in the track, it would've been a bigger radio hit than xtina's version because it's not easy-listening kind of music, radio friendly.

It sounds like a sexx song even though the song is not about sexx...like at all..... The version with Xtina would have still done at least as good as Applause anyway so I choose artistic integrity over commercial success :gaysia:

Sepsami
Just now, Drin Lon said:

It sounds like a sexx song even though the song is not about sexx...like at all..... The version with Xtina would have still done at least as good as Applause anyway so I choose artistic integrity over commercial success :gaysia:

Idk I think R Kelly's does sound better, and it is about sex in a metaphorical way.

Antonio
2 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

This is not what you were talking about in the OP, receipts

16 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

It would have become a huge radio

And for that I answered, R. Kelly's version would've been a bigger radio hit

Ke12q61.gif

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

tomsches

I don't like the version with Christina. In the end both of them are only shouting and it feels like a competition between the two about who can scream "ooooooh yeeaaaaaah, come oooooon" louder

swooning

The only version I care for is the solo version. The Xtina feature doesn't work for me. It is a mess.

And the other one is a rapist... so f*ck that.

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

The Xtina version didn't exist until long after the song was already out. :shrug: So that wasn't really an option.

This. ^ 

Was wondering when someone was going to mention there really was no option of "should we go with the R. Kelly version or Xtina version?" because the latter didn't exist. Regardless, DWUW should have smashed (and would have with a proper video). Painful to think about it, because it's truly the hit that got away. :giveup:

prince

Because R Kelly was the intended collaboration, she wanted that exact vibe with the song. Christina was an after thought when she performed on the Voice, I doubt she even had her in mind until she was booked to perform there

RouboRoubo

R.Kelly version >Solo version>Xtina version imho

She could have sung the second verse of the solo version at the Halftime show, thereby avoiding the direct sexual interpretation of the song, paying justice to ARTPOP :madge:

Drin Lon
23 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

R. Kelly's verse was more well written than Aguilera's in my opinion.

How? :oprah:

R. Kelly's:

I could be the drink in your cup
I could be the green in your blunt
Your pusher man, yeah, I got what you want
You wanna escape all of the crazy ****
You're the Marilyn, I'm the president
And I'd love to hear you say, girl

Xtina's:

My bones hurt
From all the shows
But I don't feel the pain 'cause I'm a pro